unable to use 2nd tray without resetting UI

Title, cannot access second tray without resetting UI position. Does not save and have to continuously reset UI position to use second tray whenever I relog / access every character.

Comments

• Based on what you have stated about the UI position not saving between relog / switching characters, it sounds like you may also need to manually clear the saved User Interface information that the server is holding onto for your Account.

You can do this by going into your UI Settings menu and clicking these 3 buttons all at once :
    - Reset UI Positions
    - Reset UI Scale
    - and Reset all ( found at the bottom of the window )
  • does not do anything
  • I've been having this issue too. Resetting the UI hasn't helped. Whenever I log back in, my main skill tray and 2nd tray sink halfway off the bottom of the screen. This was not an issue before the patch.

Also: I had the same issue with the compass after the patch, but resetting the UI fixed that one, but not the trays.
  • Ok, I experimented a little bit, and here's what seems to be happening with the extra skill tray (even after resetting UI): You place the skill tray somewhere on your screen where you want it (anywhere, even in the middle) and when you log back in, it sinks downwards and to the right, no matter where it was on the screen before. And it seems to stay in it's new position until you move it again, and then it moves itself down and right again when you log out/in or hide/show the tray.

@CobaltDragon Please send the ghost busters I think my UI is haunted.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12
    Meningitis wrote: »
    Ok, I experimented a little bit, and here's what seems to be happening with the extra skill tray (even after resetting UI): You place the skill tray somewhere on your screen where you want it (anywhere, even in the middle) and when you log back in, it sinks downwards and to the right, no matter where it was on the screen before. And it seems to stay in it's new position until you move it again, and then it moves itself down and right again when you log out/in or hide/show the tray.

It's basically as was said above that the server is not saving the new location of the UI element after it's reset, presumably because something somewhere is out-of-bounds. Normally doing all three resets as described above fixes it (you have to do all three resets, not just one of them)... but not in all cases. Sometimes you have to do things like a) changing your resolution, b) changing your window mode, c) changing your computer... and eventually, it'll "catch" and from that point on you'll be good.
  • snip
    I'll try changing resolution/window mode n stuff then, thanks for the info. (I play in full screen at my computers regular resolution)
    It just feels weird because nothing is out of bounds when it's right in the middle of the screen, aha.

Meningitis wrote: »
    snip
    I'll try changing resolution/window mode n stuff then, thanks for the info. (I play in full screen at my computers regular resolution)
    It just feels weird because nothing is out of bounds when it's right in the middle of the screen, aha.

Yeah, it's a really weird bug, and isn't your fault -- everything can look right for you, but for some reason the server just won't accept the updated data. Oftentimes it has to do with some completely separate UI element you can't even see, but that's why *usually* the three-step reset works. Clearly not this time though...
  • every time i change resolution it resets
    every time i change resolution it resets

Yeah basically... change resolution, do the 3 separate reset steps CobaltDragon said above, do nothing else but logoff and back in... and pray it works. :/
  • yeah i did that it still doesnt work.
  • have my secondary tray positioned vertically on the very end of my screen and it would move off my screen whenever i relog or change my resolution, and i would have to change the size back to 100 to drag it out.
  • Have it a tiny bit away from the very edge of your screen. For some reason the secondary tray being vertical does not save properly on certain machines if it's at the very edge.
  • Have it a tiny bit away from the very edge of your screen. For some reason the secondary tray being vertical does not save properly on certain machines if it's at the very edge.

Yeah, I should have added this part as well, essentially that if any elements from the User Interface (Skill Hotbar / Health Bar / etc...) are too close to the very edge of the screen (near the top, right, bottom, or left side) , the system tends to ignore that placement and revert back to a default location or previously saved location.
  • HakuryuuDomHakuryuuDom ✭✭
    edited September 13
    hmm ok i did some testing and it seems that whenever i move any UI element, and then relog it moves that UI element down and to the right a bit. i tried this with multiple items including the primary and secondary skill bars and the quest tracker. however if you do not touch the UI element after you relog then relog again, it will not move. so i guess the temporary solution is to place your UI elements above and to the left of where you actually want it. kinda annoying and i hope it gets fixed soon @CobaltDragon
  • MontblanckMontblanck ✭✭✭
    edited September 13
    An easier way to fix this without resetting all the position of the UI you have, or relogging multiple times, is:

1. Move the UI element you want to fix to a random position.
    2. Go to Options > Video > switch to Windowed (Fullscreen) (if you are on Windowed) or to Windowed (if you are on Windowed (Fullscreen)).
    3. When you switch, you will notice that the UI "snaps" to another position, different from where you want it to be.
    4. Adjust the position.
    5. Make the switch (Windowed (Fullscreen) >< Windowed) and see if it goes to the position you want.
    6. With a little bit of patience you will find a position where, when you switch, it will "snap" to the position you actually want it to be in; and when it finally does, it will stay there, whether you log out or switch characters, etc.

Not sure if it would work for people but it worked for my ghosting hotkey bar - finally snapped to the right position.