[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Skycastles!?

So I know they were removed, but my question is - why?
Was it ever revealed why the decision was made? And if not, what are the reasons you guys think they were removed??

Just really curious about this...

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were useless, no one was really going there. they were empty mostly, HW/Velika was better to afk and E R P.

No one missed them, no one got mad, but when they killed Lubetown, whole Tera raged and many many left the game, unforgivable :angry:
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    They were useless, no one was really going there. they were empty mostly, HW/Velika was better to afk and E R P.

No one missed them, no one got mad, but when they killed Lubetown, whole Tera raged and many many left the game, unforgivable :angry:

Lumbertown was sad af though :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    They do serve a purpose, on events bosses will spawn up in the castle lol, good for a laugh
  • Skycastles were removed because their ownership used to be decided by Crusade that is also gone. They haven't tied them to any other ranking system. A bit sad because OW guild housing was amazing just for RP and social purposes (also mini tank duels because there was no crosshair on the floor there and it was more fun that way).

Why Crusade was removed? There were countless threads about it. BHS probably thought they can fill the gap with guild quests and CU. It worked for like 3 weeks, till ppl obtained most of essential guild buffs and noticed CU is boring unrewarding slideshow and you can afk it all, only coming for BAMs.
  • Xandervb wrote: »
    Skycastles were removed because their ownership used to be decided by Crusade that is also gone. They haven't tied them to any other ranking system. A bit sad because OW guild housing was amazing just for RP and social purposes (also mini tank duels because there was no crosshair on the floor there and it was more fun that way).

Why Crusade was removed? There were countless threads about it. BHS probably thought they can fill the gap with guild quests and CU. It worked for like 3 weeks, till ppl obtained most of essential guild buffs and noticed CU is boring unrewarding slideshow and you can afk it all, only coming for BAMs.

Well why did they remove Crusades then? I never got into Crusades, so maybe the answer is obvious to those who were into it but not me.

Ty <3
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    This thread remembered me of this song
    Do you ever question your life?
    Do you ever wonder why?
    Do you ever see in your dreams..
    all the castles in the sky.

A shame they removed this content, they could at least use those casles to fight bosses, would be quite interesting.
  • There was a public one outside of Castanica you could fly to with a pegasus, but the route / quest for it was removed as well. Sadly it was before I had Elite / the travel journal so I didn't save the spot. I wish there still was a way to go there since it was really beautiful there :cry:
  • Seraphion wrote: »
    There was a public one outside of Castanica you could fly to with a pegasus, but the route / quest for it was removed as well. Sadly it was before I had Elite / the travel journal so I didn't save the spot. I wish there still was a way to go there since it was really beautiful there :cry:

Which server are you on, I might be able to get you in it
  • yomumum wrote: »
    Seraphion wrote: »
    There was a public one outside of Castanica you could fly to with a pegasus, but the route / quest for it was removed as well. Sadly it was before I had Elite / the travel journal so I didn't save the spot. I wish there still was a way to go there since it was really beautiful there :cry:

I'm on MT, but I don't mind creating a char on another server just to see it again >.<
  • Seraphion wrote: »
    yomumum wrote: »

I'm on MT, but I don't mind creating a char on another server just to see it again >.<

I can get you there on MT, what char name?

I want too pls ;_;

OMG that would be so great;; My IGN is Seraphion
  • aeyrebabyaeyrebaby ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    they never got used for anything other than GvG hiding spots
    i do feel like it was a lot of work to just throw out the window instead of just improving them, though. especially when all the system got replaced with was the massive joke that is CU.
  • Hwasa wrote: »
    Xandervb wrote: »
    Skycastles were removed because their ownership used to be decided by Crusade that is also gone. They haven't tied them to any other ranking system. A bit sad because OW guild housing was amazing just for RP and social purposes (also mini tank duels because there was no crosshair on the floor there and it was more fun that way).

Well why did they remove Crusades then? I never got into Crusades, so maybe the answer is obvious to those who were into it but not me.

Ty <3

As I said, the reason for removing Crusades is unknown and totally unreasonable. Almost whole playerbase believe that it was a huge mistake that may be fatal to Tera in long run. It made BGs much less popular and greatly reduced number of dungeon runs. It was removed together with Alliance and shortly replaced with guild leveling and CU respectively. But unlike Crusades, guild leveling system is non-competitive content with diminishing results and extremely low daily cap.
  • Notepad806Notepad806 ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    What I miss is Alliance!!! and the best part was that conflict was on Sunday evening and I could actually make it (almost) almost every week. Now CU is at 9pm (my time) on Saturday which is much less convenient.

Edit. I confused crusades with alliance content..