[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

backstab

Comments

• Being able to miss it now actually makes it kinda interesting.

The range buff for Slayer backstab is alright, I suppose. It helps 1v1 vs ranged classes I guess, pretty sure it does nothing to help vs melee which is fine. It's at least easier to catch people since I only have to use one skill to cover 17m instead of Leap > Evis or HLR > whatever.

Feels like the cooldown nerf was much needed on Valk backstab, but maybe Warriors didn't deserve it that much. Their's was already on like, what, a 20ish second cooldown? It feels like they'll have a harder time keeping up the pressure without having Backstab up nearly as often now, but maybe veteran dstance Warrior players won't be bothered too much by it.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    There's an error in the patch notes, warrior's cooldown for backstab isn't doubled against other players. But making warrior wait 21 seconds to try again after "inappropriate target" while valks only have to wait 12 seconds is pretty unfair.
  • Don't miss then *shrugs*
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    There's an error in the patch notes, warrior's cooldown for backstab isn't doubled against other players. But making warrior wait 21 seconds to try again after "inappropriate target" while valks only have to wait 12 seconds is pretty unfair.

Leash is unfair for lancer too!
    Why would I compare warrior/slayer to lancer?
  • I still don't understand the new backstab mechs tbh
    edited August 2017
    If you get an "inappropriate target" message, either because there was no valid target under the reticle (enemy player/monster) or the target was too far away, your character does a short animation and the skill goes on cooldown without teleporting you or doing any damage. If there's a valid target but the skill fails to teleport you or do damage because there's no room behind the target and you get a "you can't travel there" message, you no longer get cooldown. If the skill fails because the valid target used invincibility frames to avoid your atack you still get cooldown. If you are a valkyrie, successfully using backstab against a player now makes the skill go on cooldown for twice as long as it otherwise would.
  • 66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    If you get an "inappropriate target" message, either because there was no valid target under the reticle (enemy player/monster) or the target was too far away, your character does a short animation and the skill goes on cooldown without teleporting you or doing any damage. If there's a valid target but the skill fails to teleport you or do damage because there's no room behind the target and you get a "you can't travel there" message, you no longer get cooldown. If the skill fails because the valid target used invincibility frames to avoid your atack you still get cooldown. If you are a valkyrie, successfully using backstab against a player now makes the skill go on cooldown for twice as long as it otherwise would.

I really wish BHS would change the backstab CD inequality.
  • They should only nerf backstab on PVP, PVE wise they were ok for valk and warrior
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    kknaex wrote: »
    They should only nerf backstab on PVP, PVE wise they were ok for valk and warrior

Ninja Backstab gives me cancer in PvE.