The TERA servers will undergo an extended maintenance from 7-11 a.m., on Tuesday, 10/24.

New enchantment system

Any info on the new enchantment system. Should I buy a lof spellbinds or no. What should I buy to prepare for it?

Should I upgrade to misery or just wait for next patch?
«13

Comments

  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    RKC wrote: »
    Any info on the new enchantment system. Should I buy a lof spellbinds or no. What should I buy to prepare for it?

    Should I upgrade to misery or just wait for next patch?

    I would suggest you not to buy but to save mats.

    At this point we don't know what EME is going to do about conversion system and te most worth thing to do could be to get the most of VM9 materials and other enchanting and crafting maths without spending gold.

    I have been saving all the VM9 mats so far and some enchanting mats like bes and ses.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Sooo its gold heavy? I dont get it sorry :(
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    RKC wrote: »
    Sooo its gold heavy? I dont get it sorry :(

    You will need lots of gold to enchantment and lots of gems.

    However the new gear progression patch will get us better rewards from vanguards.

    The most important things to save right now would be gold, gems and superior enchanting/crafting mats.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Will the usual mats still be usable?
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14
    RKC wrote: »
    Will the usual mats still be usable?

    I am not too sure about recipes still working, but I'd assume that you can still craft deathwrack (or even ambush) post update.

    Also, Premium and Extensive alkahests will both be unusable, but MWA will get the same enchant rate as the old Premium Alkahest.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Ill just wait for next patch to get new gear. Thanks guys.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    aeee98 wrote: »
    RKC wrote: »
    Will the usual mats still be usable?

    I am not too sure about recipes still working, but I'd assume that you can still craft deathwrack (or even ambush) post update.

    Also, Premium and Extensive alkahests will both be unusable, but MWA will get the same enchant rate as the old Premium Alkahest.

    So far I saw, you won't need any alks to enchant Misery, Ambush, Behemoth, Deathwrak or Oblit. Nor you will need them to awakening or awakening enchanting either, only thing you will require is feedstocks and luck.

    So the only use for other mats as spellbinds, alkahest, mes, bes and nes would be to convert them in tokens.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Does that mean they will make Alkahest really hard to farm like in Vanila Tera EU back then.
  • RKC wrote: »
    Does that mean they will make Alkahest really hard to farm like in Vanila Tera EU back then.

    Back in the early vanilla days we used to be able to buy MWA from a shop for ~30g each but then it got taken away and had to be farmed.

    After the patch hits, you'll still be able to enchant your old gear (misery/deathwrack/etc...) with mwa and feedstock and then eventually convert it to the "new" gear. The new gear (low/mid/high/top) requires new materials to upgrade it which you get from playing content and exchanging your old mats to new mats.

    I think you should still focus on gearing during this patch because the changes aren't coming until probable end of sept. to beginning of oct. and if you want to run any worthwhile content right now, it's recommended you have at least misery +12 for your "important" gear pieces.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14
    RKC wrote: »
    Does that mean they will make Alkahest really hard to farm like in Vanila Tera EU back then.

    That means anykind of alkahest, any kind of enigmatic scrolls (being only semi-enigmatic relevant for new system), any kind of feedstocks, intricate identification scrolls and any kind of spellbinds would not be needed for the new gear in the upcoming patch, their only use will be to get converted into tokens and get new materials for new gear.

    From all those the only thing you could need are feedstocks since it would be the only thing you will need to enchant old gear.
  • RKC wrote: »
    Will the usual mats still be usable?

    Still wrapping my head around the new system, but Loriri's guide is pretty spot on. Basically, a lot of mats are going to be obsolete. Some will convert into tokens which will open a shop to purchase new mats.

    I'm planning an informational TERA stream on this once we're closer to the update. I'll have one of our localization team members on the air and we'll explain the new system in its entirety.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    RKC wrote: »
    Will the usual mats still be usable?

    Still wrapping my head around the new system, but Loriri's guide is pretty spot on. Basically, a lot of mats are going to be obsolete. Some will convert into tokens which will open a shop to purchase new mats.

    I'm planning an informational TERA stream on this once we're closer to the update. I'll have one of our localization team members on the air and we'll explain the new system in its entirety.

    If you/EME don't fully understand the system, I'm sure that some community members wouldn't mind speaking on stream about it in greater detail if you'll allow that. It allows you to interact more with the community, which many people in the community believe is something you are lacking in.

    You could also probably benefit from doing something similar to that by trying some "How to play X class" streams like in the past as it allows you to interact with community more and learn more about some of the classes for both PvE and PvP because I do think many people believe you don't understand many of the basics of the various classes. It'll just make you less meme-able.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 14
    Obs wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    RKC wrote: »
    Will the usual mats still be usable?

    Still wrapping my head around the new system, but Loriri's guide is pretty spot on. Basically, a lot of mats are going to be obsolete. Some will convert into tokens which will open a shop to purchase new mats.

    I'm planning an informational TERA stream on this once we're closer to the update. I'll have one of our localization team members on the air and we'll explain the new system in its entirety.

    If you/EME don't fully understand the system, I'm sure that some community members wouldn't mind speaking on stream about it in greater detail if you'll allow that. It allows you to interact more with the community, which many people in the community believe is something you are lacking in.

    You could also probably benefit from doing something similar to that by trying some "How to play X class" streams like in the past as it allows you to interact with community more and learn more about some of the classes for both PvE and PvP because I do think many people believe you don't understand many of the basics of the various classes. It'll just make you less meme-able.

    He is not more obligated to be more than a casual player and enjoy the game for what it is.

    However, is true that it would be realy nice to have some people at EME staff that can specialize in PvE or PvP with certain classes. Anyway that's something optional but for comunities in game really well apreciated.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Obs wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    RKC wrote: »
    Will the usual mats still be usable?

    Still wrapping my head around the new system, but Loriri's guide is pretty spot on. Basically, a lot of mats are going to be obsolete. Some will convert into tokens which will open a shop to purchase new mats.

    I'm planning an informational TERA stream on this once we're closer to the update. I'll have one of our localization team members on the air and we'll explain the new system in its entirety.

    If you/EME don't fully understand the system, I'm sure that some community members wouldn't mind speaking on stream about it in greater detail if you'll allow that. It allows you to interact more with the community, which many people in the community believe is something you are lacking in.

    You could also probably benefit from doing something similar to that by trying some "How to play X class" streams like in the past as it allows you to interact with community more and learn more about some of the classes for both PvE and PvP because I do think many people believe you don't understand many of the basics of the various classes. It'll just make you less meme-able.

    He is not more obligated to be more than a casual player and enjoy the game for what it is.

    However, is true that it would be realy nice to have some people at EME staff that can specialize in PvE or PvP with certain classes. Anyway that's something optional but for comunities in game really well apreciated.

    No, it's not mandatory. But not having anyone at EME seeming actually understanding the game is seriously hurting their image, especially now. It doesn't help that they don't seem to try to learn even the basics. Being bad is fine. Being ignorant and stubborn while also being bad is not fine.

    Our community is no different from any others. We just honestly don't feel as if EME cares about the game or makes an attempt to respect the players. Respect is mutual. The Community Manager even speaks less to people in the EME/PC discords than a support ticket answerer/GM. There's also the EME Discord, which still hasn't received any changes after a pretty sizable amount of complaints about how it's run and suggestions about how it could be better.

    Players just don't feel like they're respected and heard, and just a simple how to play stream would easily help with mending relations between the players and EME.
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.