The TERA servers will undergo an extended maintenance from 7-11 a.m., on Tuesday, 10/24.

Can we get real costumes? Can EME get the right to create its own costumes?

Comments

• PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    Rxkt wrote: »
    revealing stuff is normal, that's how they decided to do sales and that's OK

JTera made their own summer costumes (the summer cadet & butterfly swimsuits) and their own innerwear (the 20crit signature/black innerwears) before KTera got it. Either KR Nexon doesn't trust us to design sellable stuff or JTera has it going for them lul

we also made the halloween exclusive costumes I guess, but wasn't as hyped as JTera so yea
    That's just it. The Gothic Rupture wasn't exactly a best seller.
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    The problem is when you have that big "BUY" button infront of you, your mind keeps telling you "don't" but suddenly you see "THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE" and then you only react with "OK, I will move this to my wardrobe as part of my colection".
    when i see that big 'BUY' button my mind trembles with excitement but my hand moves mouse cursor to small 'x' in corner like it has its own will and there's nothing i can do about it
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭
    also liked description of starglow costume. something like 'if noone sees you why even dress up when you can go undressed'. good one. sarcasm from eme isnt a common thing
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    StarSprite wrote: »
    There was a stream recently where Spacecats said Bhs won't be making costumes designed by the players anymore. Bhs said it's too time consuming.

Then there is even better reason for EME to step up and do this, like Jtera.

PS: Weapon skins are just awful too, was close to counter punch my screen. I mean, Axe, Staff, what the heck.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    There was a stream recently where Spacecats said Bhs won't be making costumes designed by the players anymore. Bhs said it's too time consuming.

Jtera doesn't "do" any of the work themselves either, beyond maybe concept art in some cases. BHS still does all the work for creating the costumes. So unless BHS has a financial interest in designing costumes that cater specifically to NA tastes for some reason, they won't do it.

Jtera doesn't "do" any of the work themselves either, beyond maybe concept art in some cases. BHS still does all the work for creating the costumes. So unless BHS has a financial interest in designing costumes that cater specifically to NA tastes for some reason, they won't do it.

Then, with this route soon, many stop spending golds and money even on cosmetics. it is a fact, recently there are not much hype and activity around costume and mount selling in CH and we all know CH cares for cosmetic more than any other server.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭

Then, with this route soon, many stop spending golds and money even on cosmetics. it is a fact, recently there are not much hype and activity around costume and mount selling in CH and we all know CH cares for cosmetic more than any other server.

I'm pretty sure no one is more acutely aware of this than EME and BHS, since they directly see the sales numbers every day and are counting on this revenue to pay their salaries. Personally, I agree that these latest costumes do nothing for me, but all we can do is "don't like, don't buy." On the whole, they'll tend to make more of what people are buying, at least globally.
  • XD the day we get cutie honey costumes i be happy but I'm scared of hello kitty no kitty
    EME, Would you bring this up to BHS? We really like to have opinion on this please.
  • We have spoken with Bluehole several times about the quality and types of cosmetics. While they often ask for input, they are not held to that and their art team is free to make items as they see fit. We have given suggestions several times this year and expect to see some of that come to fruition in the future.

The sad reality is that we (players and publisher) often speak about wanting more realistic or less overtly sexualized costumes, but I can stand in Velika all day long and not see anyone wearing the practical armor costumes.

I am happy to pass on player feedback to Bluehole. The TERA team speaks to them weekly and communicates daily. We are one region out of many, however, and Bluehole will develop the items they feel will sell the best across all territories. I do expect things will improve.
  • Would like new gothic costumes.
  • berrymilk wrote: »
    @feminzii must not know the pure torture of rng when you wish you can get the costume for free :0 I mean still to this day I wish I can get the beach wrap for free for the amount you spend to get even one... Lol but that another topic eme really didn't give costumes out for free o my one i know of is the witch costume which was a heavy grind to get lol and still not everyone got one

?
    almost every costume has been given out for free or included as part of some event at some point
    the only ones that haven't are extremely recent ones but even that doesn't ever hold true for long
    @Halrath Thanks for replying. About practical ones, even they are not so practical, and those that are practical many players used many times, remember how many times people asked to add more items to fashion coupon store? :D
  • Well I like fantasy driven styles, quality ones. The armor ones are cool, but lacked a feminine look for the females. I'd to see metal breast plate corset top with a pretty, flowey skirt....like

https://yuchenghong.deviantart.com/art/Queen-619506821

Not to say exactly that, but you get the idea.

I like the oversized oriental arm sleeves as well and the form fitting corset top that leads down to a sweeping long one piece cover in back and front with thigh high boots... anyway, you asked lol.

Just my opinion. Love to see those kinda styles.
  • Halrath wrote: »
    We have spoken with Bluehole several times about the quality and types of cosmetics. While they often ask for input, they are not held to that and their art team is free to make items as they see fit. We have given suggestions several times this year and expect to see some of that come to fruition in the future.

The sad reality is that we (players and publisher) often speak about wanting more realistic or less overtly sexualized costumes, but I can stand in Velika all day long and not see anyone wearing the practical armor costumes.

I am happy to pass on player feedback to Bluehole. The TERA team speaks to them weekly and communicates daily. We are one region out of many, however, and Bluehole will develop the items they feel will sell the best across all territories. I do expect things will improve.

Would wear it if it was cheaper. Kinda hella pricey though.