[PC] Maintenance is now complete! Thank you!
[PS4/XB1] We have identified an issue that is preventing players from obtaining achievements. We are aware of this issue, and are working to solve this as soon as possible. Being that this issue will likely require an additional maintenance, we will inform players as soon as we have scheduled this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Warrior too weak?

Currently I am playing a warrior lvl 31 atm trying to solo out Sinestral Manor, it does a minor damage even with buffs and consumables, and even If I do land hits, it feels very weak, it also wears a good inner armor with 473 def and it's supposed to be overall very strong. I could solo that dungeon with Gunner, Brawler, Slayer, Lancer, Ninja, and even with Sorc, so, why Warriors, even though they are buffed and changed, they are still feel so weak? Perhaps I am just not good at all with them, or am I doing something wrong? I do chain my skills perfectly fine and I do evade the hard attacks from enemies, it's just, the dps seems too low.

Does it gets some kind of slow boost bloom on the upcoming levels? Can it be more viable on soloing/dungeon pve end game? I don't care about pvp.

Comments

• Warrior is hard to play class, make sure you priorize skills that stack Edge, use Scythe asap and always use skill chains that give you faster animation (like, never cast RoB or BD first because it triggers long animation).

Warrior is very good for endgame solo content because of high mobility that allow proper backcrit time.

No need to solo leveling dungeons, especially now that all bosses have boosted HP (since valkyrie patch). EXP in 5-man party is same as solo and if IM as DPS takes forever you can still que as tank despite not having your tank skills anymore.
  • Xandervb wrote: »
    Warrior is hard to play class, make sure you priorize skills that stack Edge, use Scythe asap and always use skill chains that give you faster animation (like, never cast RoB or BD first because it triggers long animation).

Warrior is very good for endgame solo content because of high mobility that allow proper backcrit time.

No need to solo leveling dungeons, especially now that all bosses have boosted HP (since valkyrie patch). EXP in 5-man party is same as solo and if IM as DPS takes forever you can still que as tank despite not having your tank skills anymore.

Thank you so so so much for explaining things to me, I usually have on the skill bar like 3-4 skills so far, since the others and most of them taking too much time to activate and they are not fast and strong enough if been cast on their own, I always go for the quickest chain path on my skills and making sure that I can manage. Indeed the dungeons are buffed up but I thought this was a mistake from Bluehole and they fixed it recently, seems I was informed wrong. I am afraid to que as a tank, since I'll end up mostly with dps and people will curse me and swear me all the time for that.

I'll take a good look on essential mana, maybe warrior is just too good and hard class for me to play as, I have no idea, so far I could play with every class in the game, understand it easy, and do stuff, but warrior is probably too hard to learn and master, I'll keep playing then, hopefully I'll see more damage out of it by the end game, I am looking mainly and only for building a full dps build out of it, not interested in tanking with warrior, though, I know tanking is also an essential part of it since it's a mixed class, by my point of view it seems unfair Brawler which is the exact same thing with more "tankiness" has more damage output than warrior, but if warrior is mostly on survival aspect, I guess I could try to learn.
  • Also, I found this guide here on essential mana, is it good enough to help players to play kinda better the warrior class?

https://essentialmana.com/chickens-advanced-dps-pve-warrior-guide/
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Don't worry about warrior tanking, you do not need d-stance at all. Even for soloing a-stance is good enough if you don't mind a bit of jumping around to backcrit. Warriors using d-stance past leveling are very rare.

Que as tank is not advised ATM because recent nerf made it almost impossible to tank before 52. I just dropped it as an idea if you can't get IM match in ~30 minutes because it's better than doing nothing or trying to solo.

This guide is very good but also quite complicated. Unfortunately I do not know any guide that include just basics, it may take a few hours of trying to figure it out and decide optimal keybinds (skill chains close to each other). Warriors do not have a fixed rotation, best thing you can do is learn all short skill chains that generate Edge and adjust depending on Blade Draw resets and cooldowns. Priorize chains that include Blade Draw if it's off cooldown, try to scythe at 10 Edge (not 9 or 11), never Scythe if it won't backcrit, try to get 10th Edge with skill that shortens Scythe animation.

Practice with party that has tank and healer when possible, focusing on your rotation is hard enough even without having to worry about positioning and minor damage.
  • Thanks again, also, another thing, did they changed anything on skill cooldown on Brawlers?
  • Zestroia wrote: »
    Thanks again, also, another thing, did they changed anything on skill cooldown on Brawlers?

Most important change was removal of Growing Fury cooldown. Now when you lose it, all you need to do is regain full rage bar and instantly cast it again. This made brawler even easier to play because not losing GF between certain mechanics used to be one of the most challenging things about that class. This change also greatly reduced importance of Roundhouse kick glyph. RMB block may still provide useful because of +50% damage glyph.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Warrior is one of the best dps classes if you got low ping.
    If you got high-ping (150 ms+), you can put how much effort or gear you want on this class but you will always be trash...
    Imho, this is a HUGE factor to consider before you think about making a warrior main.. (both dps and tank..)

Btw, Warrior is hard but not that hard tbh if you got low-ping or you can "fix" high-ping problems..
    There's a huge safety net cuz so many iframes on Warrior, sometimes i think it's even faceroll...

Imho a Gunner is harder to master than a dps Warrior cuz you gonna burn your iframes on a perfect rotations, it's harder to reposition, etc..
  • Dvsv wrote: »
    Warrior is one of the best dps classes if you got low ping.
    If you got high-ping (150 ms+), you can put how much effort or gear you want on this class but you will always be trash...
    Imho, this is a HUGE factor to consider before you think about making a warrior main.. (both dps and tank..)

Btw, Warrior is hard but not that hard tbh if you got low-ping or you can "fix" high-ping problems..
    There's a huge safety net cuz so many iframes on Warrior, sometimes i think it's even faceroll...

Imho a Gunner is harder to master than a dps Warrior cuz you gonna burn your iframes on a perfect rotations, it's harder to reposition, etc..

I disagree, warrior after revamp is so strong if played properly that you can get quite good DPS with around 150 ping. Even in pre-proxy times I met some OP warriors in RMH runs so you can run any content without slowing down your party. I agree about tanking, you need low DPS for animation cancels and tap block. For DPS, ~180 is the margin where you can't chain Cs->BD anymore.
  • i always play with 168-230 pings ups and downs, since I am from EU and my connection is not the best. But I've met people that claimed to have 300-500 pings and they were still playing perfectly fine and told me to stop "complaining" because I am considered with "perfect" ping. Personally, I never did excellent rotations, especially with Gunner, but I find her very easy and simple to play as, never had a problem with any of the classes in the game, also, about tanking, I am very good with Lancer and Brawler, and I always spam debuff with Lancer at the right moment, never letting it drop down. As a healer I was also very good, as I'd never let anyone die, and if someone really did died I always tend to ress this person up, but not ignoring the others at the same time.

Though, even though my ping is supposed to be perfect, and I should not complain, sometimes it's just hard for me, it's like, I can't comprehend what's happening around and sometimes the timing is just too bad. I managed though to go up on Lilith's, SS, and even Harroworld for a bit, but I could never play on higher end dungeons, I studied them and I know what to do, but I just can't, maybe they are way too hard for me. Maybe I am just a very bad and weak player. If it's not the ping, then definitely I am to be blamed.

I liked watching people playing Warriors, doing damage on end game dungeons and literally carrying over other players, me included sometimes, so, I wanted to try out again, since the revamp and updates and stuff, it feels like a new class and it seemed easier at the beginning for me to play with, but now on 40 levels it seems it's getting harder and harder for me.

I don't mind the jumping around and evade mechanics, in fact I love them, got used to Ninja and Valkyrie so good. But, the damage seems to stack and if you do a mistake you are been left behind. Thus, so far, I played with more than 30 people, and I always like 90% stealing the aggro from tanks and semi-tanks alike, while I hit, I don't know, someone told me the calss's real shine comes when it reaches 65 with all the right glyphs and rotations, so, I will keep playing my warrior, and see how far can I go.
  • Forgot to mention, why am I playing to NA? - Because I happened to start 4 years ago and I've met some good people, and stayed with them, time passed, kept on playing, I made a progress, and everything on NA seem way better than EU servers. If people on NA believe their prices and stuff on official tera page and on broker are greedy, on EU is way greedier.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing Warrior with 220-270 ping, my performance is not as high as other but still my performance compare to other classes is high. But warrior gets stronger in time and also it has high skill cap.
    i always play with 168-230 pings ups and downs, since I am from EU and my connection is not the best. But I've met people that claimed to have 300-500 pings and they were still playing perfectly fine and told me to stop "complaining" because I am considered with "perfect" ping.

Do not believe everything you hear. Players with 400-500 ping are pure traps in anything harder than gearing dungeons (~300 is kind of cap for ping-resistant classes like Brawler, Valk and Sorc), they just may not know it because they don't use meters and won't notice that they are getting carried. Also, do not measure your performance by comparing to others during leveling - there are many newbies that won't hold aggro even against competent mystic.

Your ping seems a bit too high for warrior but not impossible - check if you can chain i.e. Charging slash -> Blade Draw because that combo is the most vunerable. As EU player I can tell you there are also some legal and less legal solutions that may help you A LOT with your ping, you may want to look it up.

If you want to play Hard modes, it may be best to find a guild that is willing to teach you and use less ping-dependant classes for starters (like sorc, valk, brawler).

By the way, have you been trying these "harder dungeons" via IM or LFG? Because it's not really a good idea to IM anything harder than gearing dungeons so there's a possibility you kept getting into trap parties.
  • Eh, most of the times I search for random parties, since I rarely or never find people to run dungeons on the same server as me.
    Eh, most of the times I search for random parties, since I rarely or never find people to run dungeons on the same server as me.

What server are you playing at? Many skilled players look for party in their guild chat only or join LFGs hosted by ppl they recognize. Having a guild or static is pretty much mandatory for getting past gearing runs. Even if your DPS is lacking, you will notice much of an improvement when playing with competent tank and healer.
  • Xandervb wrote: »
    Zestroia wrote: »
    Eh, most of the times I search for random parties, since I rarely or never find people to run dungeons on the same server as me.

What server are you playing at? Many skilled players look for party in their guild chat only or join LFGs hosted by ppl they recognize. Having a guild or static is pretty much mandatory for getting past gearing runs. Even if your DPS is lacking, you will notice much of an improvement when playing with competent tank and healer.

I cannot disagree with your reasoning here, not only it is an absolute true, it's also makes sense. Technically, I play on every server - pvp excluded - so, I meet and play with different people everyday for years now.

I am not in Guilds anymore, due to not being good enough for many reasons, and I believe that if someone like me is on a Guild, it's just a waste of time for the Guildmates. I think it's better for me to keep going randomly or finding people to play with, I know a random trap party is not the best option and I understand that, too many people are always expecting the best, or they are too bossy, or they are being toxic. I can deal with that, I got used to hear everyone saying bad things about me, it's not a big deal, it's on a video game, it's just not worth it to get sad or worked up all over from people behind their screens, making threats to me or harassing me in any way, it's boring and sad.

And, even though I strive to become a better player on every class, even though I would love for once in my whole life to get a vm set, it seems my limits are only up to slaughter/guile which is just enough for me, I can't deal with the harder mechanic dungeons, either my ping will screw me off or I will fail an evade at that particular moment by doing it too soon or too late. So, that means I just don't worth to be better.

Thank you so much for your support, really appreciate it.