[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Warrior too weak?

2»

Comments

• Zestroia wrote: »
    Xandervb wrote: »
    Zestroia wrote: »
    Eh, most of the times I search for random parties, since I rarely or never find people to run dungeons on the same server as me.

What server are you playing at? Many skilled players look for party in their guild chat only or join LFGs hosted by ppl they recognize. Having a guild or static is pretty much mandatory for getting past gearing runs. Even if your DPS is lacking, you will notice much of an improvement when playing with competent tank and healer.

I cannot disagree with your reasoning here, not only it is an absolute true, it's also makes sense. Technically, I play on every server - pvp excluded - so, I meet and play with different people everyday for years now.

I am not in Guilds anymore, due to not being good enough for many reasons, and I believe that if someone like me is on a Guild, it's just a waste of time for the Guildmates. I think it's better for me to keep going randomly or finding people to play with, I know a random trap party is not the best option and I understand that, too many people are always expecting the best, or they are too bossy, or they are being toxic. I can deal with that, I got used to hear everyone saying bad things about me, it's not a big deal, it's on a video game, it's just not worth it to get sad or worked up all over from people behind their screens, making threats to me or harassing me in any way, it's boring and sad.

And, even though I strive to become a better player on every class, even though I would love for once in my whole life to get a vm set, it seems my limits are only up to slaughter/guile which is just enough for me, I can't deal with the harder mechanic dungeons, either my ping will screw me off or I will fail an evade at that particular moment by doing it too soon or too late. So, that means I just don't worth to be better.

Thank you so much for your support, really appreciate it.

Literally.... the exact same story with me. Ping / FPS screws me over, sometimes it's just a lack of skill / knowledge, it happens to all of us, but my previous guild just didn't want to run things with me after a while. I got bored and stopped playing, and I'm not in the guild anymore. It's not a huge deal, but it really sucks that a lot of the players are just stuck getting mid tier gear, and then stop playing out of boredom.
  • Another thing to note, that I don't think has been mentioned until now, is that dungeons were buffed sometime within the last year (Not entirely sure when, though). Things are SIGNIFICANTLY harder to solo now, while leveling, but going in with a party now gives more exp than going in solo. You may think it feels weaker due to this.
  • JaredB wrote: »
    Another thing to note, that I don't think has been mentioned until now, is that dungeons were buffed sometime within the last year (Not entirely sure when, though). Things are SIGNIFICANTLY harder to solo now, while leveling, but going in with a party now gives more exp than going in solo. You may think it feels weaker due to this.

Personally, I am not sure how I feel about the buffed up dungeons. I mean, I think I liked more the days dungeons were a bit easier and fast. Yet, again, this was kinda "broken" as many players and old players beginning a new and knew the mechanics and exploration was ruining everyone else's experience, so, I don't know, I think it IS a good thing they buffed them up a bit, I think my ONLY issue with the dungeon bosses, is with the stuns, as far as I know, you can't really stun the bosses, or if you can, it doesn't happen 100% like it was supposed to. I mean, sure, yeah, you can still stun the mobs, which is good, right? But it seems like the stun skills - pvp excluded - are totally semi-useless now.

All in all, I have very mixed feelings about these changes, and the new changes that are gonna come with enchanting and whatnot, but I still like the game, and I believe it will be the same nice game I always played, just a bit different. Maybe someday I'll be able to run on harder dungeons too, who knows?
  • Just a sidenote here, they buffed the HELL out of boss hp in leveling dungeons. I spent literally 10 minutes fighting the lady that Spawns SoulCrusher in BoL the other day on my 24 Brawler and she still wasnt dead.

Soloing leveling dungeons is a complete waste of time now since the hp buff. I would honestly argue that doing leveling dungeons at all anymore is a waste of time.(unless you just really enjoy them).
  • Aist wrote: »
    Just a sidenote here, they buffed the HELL out of boss hp in leveling dungeons. I spent literally 10 minutes fighting the lady that Spawns SoulCrusher in BoL the other day on my 24 Brawler and she still wasnt dead.

Soloing leveling dungeons is a complete waste of time now since the hp buff. I would honestly argue that doing leveling dungeons at all anymore is a waste of time.(unless you just really enjoy them).

Oh, I do enjoy them, I grew tired of storyline quests, especially the early ones, I know they give some neat rewards from time to time which I could sell on Broker, I usually backtracking trap questing after I am 100% completed with lvling, right now, I am on the first part of 60s storyline, just managed to clear Ebon Tower with my Brawler and one Archer Elin, we did really good together to be honest, it was also a fast run, like 15 mins give or take. Not gonna lie, it was hard at some particular points, but overall it was still good, though, we seriously needed a healer or at least one more dps.

I am kinda bored to death to do the 60s storyline for 51th time, but while doing it, I'll also search for dungeons I guess, I am 62 atm and trying to go for 65s today, hopefully I'll get lucky.
  • Aist wrote: »
    Just a sidenote here, they buffed the HELL out of boss hp in leveling dungeons. I spent literally 10 minutes fighting the lady that Spawns SoulCrusher in BoL the other day on my 24 Brawler and she still wasnt dead.

Kill bams in the open world while being queued up for a levelling dungeon. Worked okay for me.