[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

If I had a gold piece for every packet savvis drops...

please fix your garbage game

edit: yes this is the same post i've been making periodically for a YEAR, if it sounds familiar...

Comments

• It seems like you need some education. If by "fix your garbage game" you are referring to EME. They are publishers for NA TERA. If you want the game fixed, you need to talk to Bluehole Studios.
  • Okay, what i meant to say was "please fix the ONE THING YOU ACTUALLY HAVE CONTROL OVER, WHICH IS THE ROUTING TO THE GARBAGE SERVERS YOU CHOSE TO HOST NA TERA ON" is that better? :)
  • A little bit. Is EME able to control routing?
  • yes. presently, everyone is forced to use savvis. which for me means that i connect to the game through a route that is 1500 miles further than i am from chicago. and it's unreliable because the node where cogent and savvis peer (two carriers that are NOT my isp but are on a route i'm forced to take by poor decisions on EME's part) drops packets constantly :)
  • Personally I have what I had at the end of '16. Same crap. And since we go through Savvis so I agree with @KillerPenguins
  • At this point, the lag and dc caused by savvis packet loss is a game feature.
  • yeah feels bad get high ping on the game im closer too but lower on west coast games makes no sense
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, what i meant to say was "please fix the ONE THING YOU ACTUALLY HAVE CONTROL OVER, WHICH IS THE ROUTING TO THE GARBAGE SERVERS YOU CHOSE TO HOST NA TERA ON" is that better? :)

that is better, cause bashing can be ignored, but I agree, the past couple of days, again things got laggy and lots of spikes
  • Came home this afternoon looking forward to tera, but it's still unplayable so I guess I'll find something else to do ;-;
  • Somewhere sky fallen and lags for me and some of my friends stopped half hour ago. o-o
  • feazesherofeazeshero ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    This is the main reason why I can't enjoy the game for the last few months and it can also be one of the major factors that the population of the game has been at an all time low. Lag for a few months, then all of a sudden no lag for a few days (yay, to good to be true?) but then again lag returns (smh, I knew it). And yeah this is after troubleshooting everything when it's nothing on my end. It's like when playing tera nowadays, you can never have a comfort feeling; always have to worry about technical issues and it's a new game mechanic for us. From any other games that I play, I never encounter these kinds of things except on Tera! Says a lot about where the direction of the game has been heading all this time!

Don't get me wrong, I love this game and been playing since 2014. It's just sad that things are just not the same as they used to be. I always love playing my lancer and keep pushing myself but I can't even play normally.
  • I love just randomly freezing and not being able to move in battlegrounds and dungeons. It's so random too. I'm normally here to complain for my guildmates and friends who have Comcast, which just doesn't allow our group to play, but now I and more people across various ISPs are getting screwed by Savvis, yay...
  • Savvis is too cheap to upgrade their hardware, saying it's the individual ISP's faults, so when it gets overloaded and starts lagging they just swap up their routing to compensate. Brilliant solution for web browsing where 40ms difference and 250ms of jitter isn't really noticeable... terrible for online games.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Just think of the ping spikes as a new game mech. Ez!
  • Oorrr get a better internet xD i play from EU on NA with 80 ping and no packet losses xD