[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Healers, how do you keep your sanity?

Comments

• Just let them lay on the floor for a little bit longer once they die, so they can chill out.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    FaytEsteem wrote: »
    Catorii wrote: »
    If PVP:

If you don't peel people off me, then no one gets heals. ez.

I usually get random DPS or tanks saying "hey! why CAN'T you kite 2 lancers, 4 reapers, a brawler and 3 ninjas? I can kite a whole team on my priest while keeping people alive!" at that point. They don't get healed the rest of the match if I can help it.

PvE, I'm more tolerant. Some people are still learning, so I'm not gonna hold it against anyone who's facetanking - they could be new to the dungeon or new to the class, you never know (I know I'm personally a floormat when I'm learning, partially because of my potato FPS, and partially because I just suck :^) ). I get annoyed if they start blaming me for their chain deaths, unless it actually is my fault, but you kind of have to have a thick skin to those kinds of comments if you're maining a healer in any game.

Is that even possible to kite that many? If so I would love to know how, I'm starting to fear lancers now in FWC whenever they pull off a giga.

With the old EQ gear, healers can do that as long as they don't get gigaed and get peeled off in time. Same goes if you have +15 armor with proper crit resist in FWC.
  • FaytEsteemFaytEsteem ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    aeee98 wrote: »
    FaytEsteem wrote: »
    If PVP:

I usually get random DPS or tanks saying "hey! why CAN'T you kite 2 lancers, 4 reapers, a brawler and 3 ninjas? I can kite a whole team on my priest while keeping people alive!" at that point. They don't get healed the rest of the match if I can help it.

PvE, I'm more tolerant. Some people are still learning, so I'm not gonna hold it against anyone who's facetanking - they could be new to the dungeon or new to the class, you never know (I know I'm personally a floormat when I'm learning, partially because of my potato FPS, and partially because I just suck :^) ). I get annoyed if they start blaming me for their chain deaths, unless it actually is my fault, but you kind of have to have a thick skin to those kinds of comments if you're maining a healer in any game.

Is that even possible to kite that many? If so I would love to know how, I'm starting to fear lancers now in FWC whenever they pull off a giga.

With the old EQ gear, healers can do that as long as they don't get gigaed and get peeled off in time. Same goes if you have +15 armor with proper crit resist in FWC.

Oh, because yesterday i did FWC I got caught by a ninja, a lancer gigaed me, then a brawler and gunner finished me off with Divine Wrath and Balders Vengence.

Best moment of my life.
  • FaytEsteem wrote: »
    If PVP:

Back in the old days before crit healing a priest would heal their entire health bar with one heal. Nowadays, geared and are smart with GS you can live a long [filtered] time. Oh, stacking crit reduction helps too.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Priest is my tertiary "main" class. Here's how I do it...

Impatient? --> "We're ready when we're ready. Calm the [filtered] down."
    Complaining about healing? --> "It's not my job to cover for your [filtered]-ups. You have a million evasive moves. Use them."
    Dying too much? --> (see previous)
    Derision towards me or another player? --> "My job just got a lot easier..."/"Guess who's not getting healed...!"

I can be a very angry and spiteful priest, as you can see. Heh... :sweat:
  • I am able to heal, res, cleanse and if they suck I can dps too. In gearing dungeons
  • Yesterday, first boss RMNM :
    31785016409251102121380674363821209614583o.png

43938516466623102121380682364021720815028o.png

This "tank" wich incapable to avoid 1 only attack, and which admits juste after he died 10 times at first boss LOL. Bigger joke than I have never seen.

(Sorry for bad english).
  • The struggle is real one guy kept yelling at me to res him while I was busy healing the rest he kept yelling I was stressed went to res him and the boss killed me = wipe ps dont stress out the healer pls
  • Pretty sure I quality as moderadly insane.
    If people flame you, think of them as hamsters.
    You don't care what a hamster thinks about you. You're above that. Hell, you don't care if your hamster watches you jackin' it, so why care if one writes stuff?
    That dais, let them be a floormat for a bit. They'll either get the message or start acting really entertaining.
  • AyamesanAyamesan ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    If someone is dead and You have to ress him. First Take a quick look to your partymember who live right now. And heal the first before you go to the dead one. If the people with 20% HP will be ignored and You ress the Dead one first. You Can! have 2 dead people afterwards (depends on Boss mechanic).
    Same to yourself, heal yourself first before others.
    Also if you died, you have to take on your ress buff if ready without cooldown. If you die twice in short time like this, it would be more difficult that a dps has to ress you.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Looking at butts around instead of chat.

But seriously I guess I'm lucky - in a year I didn't get into toxic groups even once. I mean all runs are smooth for me. Day ago I went to dung in dps gear (but healers glyphs thanks god!) It was fine till last boss, then ppl started stay in crap and died twice but all I heard was "chill that all fine!". Well said them good bye)))
    I don't know may be high forces keep me from stress :lol:
  • > @FaytEsteem said:
    > When dealing with other dps/tanks who don't block or dodge and get hit by every attack and constantly yell at you to heal/cleanse them when your trying to res another party member and what not.....how do you manage to stay sane here?

You just tell them “ i matter u dont”
  • I find myself face palming and or face desking or just flat out face flooring a lot IRL because of PUGs but man, it's idk~ like whatever bad parties happen, lag happens, randoms happen and no matter how much I wish healers could... there is no skill or glyph to cleanse stupid.

also, ever ./inspect randoms? so much cringe.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine what will happen when res cooldown gets nerfed