[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Slayer PvE Guide

Comments

• Who uses frames as a measure of time in a game that doesn't have a fixed frame rate? Do you know what frametime is?

Good job fooling idiots into thinking you know what you're talking about though.
  • ChsaliaChsalia ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    It doesn't matter what measure of time you use as long as it isn't convoluted. Frames are used here because that's literally what I'm measuring.

You can change all the numbers in the guide to seconds / milliseconds and it doesn't change a thing.

If you have a problem with me then you should man up and tell me on your real account, not an alt lol.
  • biboy24biboy24 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    can I do OP MS with 250-300ms ping? cause I think the delay is so high, OP HT is way smoother and how much damage OP MS have over OP HT?
  • you don't op into ms without chaining that's just stupid... if you mean raw cancel from op to ms is doable... I can do it quite easily on my 220 line...
  • biboy24biboy24 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    you don't op into ms without chaining that's just stupid... if you mean raw cancel from op to ms is doable... I can do it quite easily on my 220 line...

yeah hahaa I mean OP MS rotation not OP to MS hehehehe.
  • can I do OP MS with 250-300ms ping?

Yes. For high ping it's a lot better than OP HT because there's less risk of desync with OP MS.

OP HT is clunky and unreliable in my opinion.
  • is this still ok to use in this patch? sorry Im noob.
  • biboy24 wrote: »
    is this still ok to use in this patch? sorry Im noob.

Its still mostly fine.

The overall ideas are still true. OP MS is still better than OP HT, despite OP animation changes.

However some of the fillers changed a bit (DB stuff, fury). And ICB as well since UOHS now gets full buffs and stuff.

And a lot of the power/crit graphs are off because diff gear/crit multipliers.

No real ETA on when it'll be updated. There is a boatload of testing to be done and I don't have the time right now for that.
  • Chsalia wrote: »
    biboy24 wrote: »

Its still mostly fine.

The overall ideas are still true. OP MS is still better than OP HT, despite OP animation changes.

However some of the fillers changed a bit (DB stuff, fury). And ICB as well since UOHS now gets full buffs and stuff.

No real ETA on when it'll be updated. There is a boatload of testing to be done and I don't have the time right now for that.

where is Slayer in DPS ranking right now? I just wanna know so that I'll use it as a guideline if Im doing good or bad :) thanks!
  • biboy24 wrote: »
    Chsalia wrote: »
    biboy24 wrote: »

Its still mostly fine.

where is Slayer in DPS ranking right now? I just wanna know so that I'll use it as a guideline if Im doing good or bad :) thanks!

Probably somewhere in the middle. Very debatable. Very controversial.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    From my experience in countless rmhm runs with good players, I believe the tier is something like this:
    Slayer (max proc uohs)
    Warrior
    Reaper/Zerk
    Archer/Slayer/Sorc
    Ninja
    Gunner

As with any tier list, this assumes every class is performing at maximum potential.

But the gap between the classes are pretty small. Only warrior and soon Valkyrie really stand out DPS wise.

Slayer too I guess, if you're lucky, but I think this uohs is really silly. It kinda makes me not like Slayer as much. Just make Slayer a consistent class please....
  • yeah..i think these revamps did a lot of good, generally the gaps between classes are pretty small rn, except maybe gunner whos clearly bottom of the barrel the others can pretty much all compete among eachother.(untill u meet a god-tier warrior, forget about competing with that)
  • Got an update on glyphs? The new glyph calc. broke your links and it's showing wrong info.
  • Velocitus wrote: »
    Got an update on glyphs? The new glyph calc. broke your links and it's showing wrong info.

http://www.essentialmana.com/glyph-calc/#sl65:b026:c2:g4:j013:p13:t13:u0146

Remaining points go into Fury, Backhand or Kick glyphs depending on if you're comfortable taking hits for Fury / Backhand usage and so on.

That being said the patches over the last year have changed a couple things (Fury OHS etc).They shouldn't really change stuff too much though.
  • TLXTLX ✭✭
    Too much maths,and i'm not good in maths. Sorry.