[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

can we have weekend events again

Comments

• feminzii wrote: »
    this is the problem
    there's like one event or another going on literally all of the time
    it's because they're so frequent that it feels like there haven't been any to you.

Actually... No. Powerhour "Events" are there to keep population from dwindling because of the current formula of the game. They're not necessarily for "fun." It's a necessity to keep the game going strong. We all know that the gear revamp is coming soon - but because we are at an inbetween people have lost interest and the population is dwindling again. That is why I ask for an event. To keep people online so that we can all play the game for what it's worth. The argon event if anything wasn't an event to me because it ruined battleground q's for weeks. Everyday it was hard to get a q pop for anything during that event for like 2-3 hours... it was nice of them but really stunk for people who wanted to play.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    5XEATYE3P9 wrote: »
    feminzii wrote: »
    this is the problem
    it's because they're so frequent that it feels like there haven't been any to you.

Actually... No. Powerhour "Events" are there to keep population from dwindling because of the current formula of the game. They're not necessarily for "fun." It's a necessity to keep the game going strong. We all know that the gear revamp is coming soon - but because we are at an inbetween people have lost interest and the population is dwindling again. That is why I ask for an event. To keep people online so that we can all play the game for what it's worth. The argon event if anything wasn't an event to me because it ruined battleground q's for weeks. Everyday it was hard to get a q pop for anything during that event for like 2-3 hours... it was nice of them but really stunk for people who wanted to play.

So, any event that isn't exclusively for whatever it is you are queuing for is not a "real" event?
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    If that's the case, can we have another afk event? Since I pretty much exclusively do that now.
  • TWMagimay wrote: »
    this is the problem

So, any event that isn't exclusively for whatever it is you are queuing for is not a "real" event?

MM... no, you're misunderstanding. People come BACK to the game for the events. Increases population temporarily. Means more people to run ANY content with.
  • i'm not even talking about power hour.. we had enchanting, then we had double drop. then we had the summer festivals, strongboxes, argon assault, now we're getting kyras all with hardly any break inbetween. it's constant.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    No it means people will run whatever is easiest with the best return for there time.

So when people come back for kyras, just like last time they will spam easy dungeons to farm catalysts. Because less people will be queuing battlegrounds, are you going to complain about the event? Will it not be a "real" event? If you want a pvp event, then just say so.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Haggard86 wrote: »
    No it means people will run whatever is easiest with the best return for there time.

So when people come back for kyras, just like last time they will spam easy dungeons to farm catalysts. Because less people will be queuing battlegrounds, are you going to complain about the event? Will it not be a "real" event? If you want a pvp event, then just say so.

I think battleground rewards on events like Kyra needs to be better than mid tier dungeons, as they require a longer q time and usually the same or more time to finish one BG, I am talking about Mass PvP BGs as FWC, CS and Griddion.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    5db.jpg

I am just sitting here and waiting for Kyra
    edited September 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    this is the problem

MM... no, you're misunderstanding. People come BACK to the game for the events. Increases population temporarily. Means more people to run ANY content with.

People who come back to the game for events do so *gasp* for the events. Not for general activities. And that was the whole point of your post. Rootstock, Argon invasion etc aren't "real" events because people do them instead of doing whatever it is you are interested in.
  • I think it's funny that people are arguing against the fact that population grows a lot and q's pop much more when events are happening. Unless it's something like the argon event which is pretty brand new. I've only been here for about 4 years. What would I know?
  • Haggard86 wrote: »

Not interested in a PVP event. People come back and STAY after events. Ya'll on some serious negativity boost. I've been here for years and seen it happen dozen+ times. All of the people I know come back for the events and then stay playing for a month or so after that until they get bored. It's just a way for people to get back into it.
    I think it's funny that people are arguing against the fact that population grows a lot and q's pop much more when events are happening. Unless it's something like the argon event which is pretty brand new. I've only been here for about 4 years. What would I know?

Argon event, in that exact format, is new, sure. But voer the last 5 years we've had plenty of mob spawn event. Guess you missed them, huh. We've also had levelling events, Rootstock, Summer festival, Halloween, BG events. I'm sure that you are tots right and people who came back to do Rootstock just spam dungeons all day. Makes purrrrfect sense. Drop events and Kyra always have 1-3 dungeons that are far more porfitable than anything else. But I'm positive your whole 4 years have shown you that people definitely don't flock to those but instead queue for everything across the board. Nobody was doing 50 SS NM runs last Kyra, they were tots just doing 4 runs then doing other dungeons sicne they are here for Kyra anyway, might as well not farm Kyra. And, if that's an argument in your eyes: I've been here for 5.5 years. I win, you lose.
  • 5XEATYE3P9 wrote: »
    I think it's funny that people are arguing against the fact that population grows a lot and q's pop much more when events are happening. Unless it's something like the argon event which is pretty brand new. I've only been here for about 4 years. What would I know?

no one's arguing against that, it's just that while you see it as an actual solution to a problem everyone with a brain sees it for what it is, a cheap band-aid that isn't helping the wound heal and needs to be changed every other week.
  • > @Juubazeek said:
    > How bout weekday events for people like me who works on the weekends Q~Q

XD he said Friday to Monday so you got two days
  • JohnNapalmJohnNapalm ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Halrath wrote: »
    this is so boring/dead

By your command.

This weekend will still be quiet, but I've got events planned for the next two weekends. Stay tuned for more details.

well since u replyed him that way , can u answer us (Console players) . Can we get some news about console ? we got nothing and its getting close to chrismas and nothing have been said , absolutely nothing . no release date , no beta information . please give us some hope , waiting to play a good MMO for a long time on console , and nothing appear ^^ i know its on the way to launch but if its on the way give us any ETA about beta or anything , if u guys dont have it , ask it for BHS cuz im sure they have and u guys have a good relationship with em ^^

PS: 90% of ppl that use twitter are asking for the same question :dizzy: