[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

No Name Selling/Trading Allowed

Comments

• JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    I don't know why anyone would even want to sell a name? What purpose does it serve? Sounds like...too many accounts..maybe a hacker? I would never trust someone that was wanting to sell a name? I mean..a name? Lame if you ask me. I'm perfectly original enough that It doesn't take rocket science to come up with a name.
  • NeianNeian ✭✭
    I am pretty fond of buying names tbh... so I'll miss this option in the forums. I've saved up a variety of names I thought that I would use for myself but didn't feel like they fit my characters-- I would've rather sold these names. But I may just save them. Maybe an occasion will come up where I can use them.
  • AcendiaAcendia ✭✭✭
    Neian wrote: »
    I am pretty fond of buying names tbh... so I'll miss this option in the forums. I've saved up a variety of names I thought that I would use for myself but didn't feel like they fit my characters-- I would've rather sold these names. But I may just save them. Maybe an occasion will come up where I can use them.

Say, did anyone end up buying that Bossy name in the end? I feel like you've been trying to sell it since the names were reset, which is quite a while ago.
  • And i really want a cool ninja name but everythings taken its heartbreaking.
  • ImVixionImVixion
    edited May 2016
    It'd be really nice if we could get a name release soon, or even a monthly (un)announced name release. Tired of seeing people holding names that they aren't even using and/or being sold.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Hmm..Well here is an idea. If you guys would consider it.

On another social platform, there is a feature in which you can...pay to buy a registered name that has either had it's account deleted, or is a random name put up by the host. You could then buy that name and register it as an owned name. There would be like a special tab or window you had to go to, in order to look down the list and pick what suits your interest. It's just an Idea that may appease all of your interest.
  • Since this is not allowed anymore, is it also not allowed in game? Like advertising? And how do people go about selling names now? Or not at all?
  • There are TOO MANY people selling names in FF.
  • edited September 2016
    Nightx wrote: »
    Here's an idea, create something like "___ change name voucher" where people can sell names in-game legitimately. After trading the name with someone, the one holding the original is forced to logout to change names the same way other vouchers work.

This seems like a good idea, but let me modify it a little. <Name Selling Voucher> After using this voucher the character will lose it's name, and the name will be added onto the voucher. This voucher can be traded and stored in the bank.

The item could work like this:

<Name Selling Voucher>

Outfitters' Item
    No sale value. This item can't be stored in the guild bank.

Use on character. Character's name will be added to the voucher.
    Character will lose their name and asked to choose a new one.

Example: (after use)

<Name: Hero>

Outfitters' Item
    No sale value. This item can't be stored in the guild bank

Used to change one character's name.

Please consider it. There's definitely a market for name selling. This is a solution to the edgy transaction.
  • UpperDownUpperDown ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Nightx wrote: »
    Here's an idea, create something like "___ change name voucher" where people can sell names in-game legitimately. After trading the name with someone, the one holding the original is forced to logout to change names the same way other vouchers work.

This seems like a good idea, but let me modify it a little. <Name Selling Voucher> After using this voucher the character will lose it's name, and the name will be added onto the voucher. This voucher can be traded and stored in the bank.

The item could work like this:

<Name Selling Voucher>

Outfitters' Item
    No sale value. This item can't be stored in the guild bank.

Use on character. Character's name will be added to the voucher.
    Character will lose their name and asked to choose a new one.

Example: (after use)

<Name: Hero>

Outfitters' Item
    No sale value. This item can't be stored in the guild bank

Used to change one character's name.

Please consider it. There's definitely a market for name selling. This is a solution to the edgy transaction.

I second them. This is the perfect solution, please do consider, En Masse.

And for the rest of you who do nothing but hate and complain instead of thinking up a way to correct the situation, or this so called "shady business", good luck getting your wish granted. I see no reason for En Masse to heed your plea, you're as shady as name selling if not more.
  • can we beg for names tho
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    UpperDown wrote: »
    And for the rest of you who do nothing but hate and complain instead of thinking up a way to correct the situation, or this so called "shady business", good luck getting your wish granted. I see no reason for En Masse to heed your plea, you're as shady as name selling if not more.

The way was already thought up but EmE didn't accept it. It's quite simple: If somebody is caught selling a name that belongs to them, the char gets renamed.
  • MiskuChanMiskuChan ✭✭✭
    So name selling is allowed we just can't advertise on the boards?
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    @Spacecats
    I have an odd question. It really is odd, or strange because I'm not really sure if it's a plausible thing to do or if it actually is something rather difficult to do. Heck I'm not even sure if I am posting this in the right place for that matter. Non the less it involves names so I picked here, since we can't buy or sell them ofcourse.

Can names used, be recalled by request if they were used in the past for certain race, classes provided it is from the same computer system (individual computer assigned) of the client?
    I have used certain names in the past and can no longer use them. I would think because of my system ID and isp alone, and the characters where deleted that I could.

For example, let's say Something happened and I was forced to make a new email account and/or characters in the past were deleted.
    Let's say there are certain names that you did like and want to use them again for a different class, and let's say also that the characters of the past had been deleted for like say well over 30-60 days even.

What can be done that we can ensure that we are able to use names that we have created ourselves for any character that we have created in the past, provided that a character does not actually exist that hasn't been already deleted?

What can be done to allow the user to have a logged file of names that should he/she wish to use a name already made but not active be able to pick from?

Also, How does the system actually know if a character is alive or not past 30 days?

And How many days go by before a name is considered recycled and purged from the systems memories provided it is not an active (non-deleted) character in use?