The TERA servers will undergo an extended maintenance from 7-11 a.m., on Tuesday, 10/24.

October Battleground Jackpot Calendar

Through October 9, battleground jackpots will start at 10 a.m. PDT and end at 9:59 a.m. PDT the following morning, when the highlighted battleground switches to the next one.

Here’s the schedule for October:

October Battleground Calendar

Talisman of Lakan ×1
Lakan's Banner ×2
Badges of Loyalty ×2
Enchanting Bonanza Box ×1
Tier 12 feedstock ×50

The October 10 maintenance launches the Arsenal update, which features a new gear and enchanting system that necessitates a change in battleground rewards. This new system also affects our PvP landscape, so to better track how the new system works, we will not be highlighting battlegrounds for the rest of October.

This isn’t to say there won’t be highlighted battlegrounds in the future, but for October at least, battleground rewards will be distributed normally.

Comments

• Thank you so much for the extra 3s days!! I'm sure the people who queue it appreciate it since it tends to die with no highlighted bgs c:
  • Thank you so much for the extra 3s days!! I'm sure the people who queue it appreciate it since it tends to die with no highlighted bgs c:

You are most welcome. Your player council advocated for them!
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Cool beans, phoenix mount inc
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Halrath wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the extra 3s days!! I'm sure the people who queue it appreciate it since it tends to die with no highlighted bgs c:

You are most welcome. Your player council advocated for them!

I really hope this is changed.

We should be having small/large scale battlegrounds daily. Instead of being shoved into one or the other.
  • I have a feeling that this is just going to end up as "BGs barely pop for the latter half of October." I realize you guys can't be expected to put in jackpots the moment the patch comes because there'll be all new enchanting stuff and you won't know what the value/rarity of different items will be, so you won't want to potentially put in something worthless or too valuable without realizing it.

However, I highly, highly doubt we can expect the rewards from victory boxes alone to keep people queuing BGs enough for them to pop consistently, especially without the daily highlights herding people to a specific one. BHS seems to be very reluctant to improve rewards from BGs, I think on the basis that people who are bad, or just don't try at all, could spam queue and just get lucky with winning teams to get materials. While they've somewhat mitigated this with the top rank bonus boxes in FWC, I expect their attitude hasn't changed, so rewards will remain poor, especially from the NA perspective where resources are relatively abundant in other content. That being the case I think that maybe you should be ready to throw some temporary weekend events or something like that together even just to tide things over and test the waters for new jackpots in the event that BGs aren't popping enough.

Regarding the rewards from BG boxes post patch. I've been hoarding boxes mainly from Gridiron and FWC and will probably post the results of opening them post patch (under the assumption that the rewards inside the boxes will be changed). I also have lists of what I've gotten from opening boxes pre-patch as well, so if all goes as planned, people can use that as a basis to judge how much rewards have improved, if at all, and what might be worth considering for potential future jackpots in order to maintain a balance similar to what we currently have. Note I'll probably only have a couple hundred at most, but that should give a good idea of the not-ludicrously-rare items at least.

Also not sure whether the EME people are aware of it, but emeralds and diamonds are going to be used for enchanting post-patch, and will drop relatively often from new dungeons and world bams. I think when jackpots come back it would be a good time to reintroduce these as a potential jackpot reward.
  • We are aware of the use of gems in the new enchanting system. For now, we want to see how battlegrounds perform after Arsenal launches. If highlighting becomes necessary, we'll probably do that, but we're going to hew more closely to the materials structure set forth by Bluehole. We may consider other rewards to help boost PvP engagement.
  • Omg thank you so much for the 3v3's, finally more love. I used to que 3s all day everyday but now it only has ques on these jackpot days, so happy I will be queing and streaming on all 3 of these daysss woohoo!

@Halrath <3 <3 <3 <3 xoxoxoxooxoxoxo
  • Maybe 2x winning boxes for bgs? Cs would need a change because of 2 recipts you get from one box. Just an idea anyways,,,
  • Halrath wrote: »
    We are aware of the use of gems in the new enchanting system. For now, we want to see how battlegrounds perform after Arsenal launches. If highlighting becomes necessary, we'll probably do that, but we're going to hew more closely to the materials structure set forth by Bluehole. We may consider other rewards to help boost PvP engagement.

want to improve the battlefields? then better the prizes, because the ones that are now are pure garbage, you know what it is to invest 30 minutes in a cs and that only gives you a position? to that sum the 30 minutes to be able to enter, we PVP also want to equip ourselves
  • Halrath wrote: »
    Through October 9, battleground jackpots will start at 10 a.m. PDT and end at 9:59 a.m. PDT the following morning, when the highlighted battleground switches to the next one.

Here’s the schedule for October:

October Battleground Calendar

Talisman of Lakan ×1
    Lakan's Banner ×2
    Badges of Loyalty ×2
    Enchanting Bonanza Box ×1
    Tier 12 feedstock ×50

The October 10 maintenance launches the Arsenal update, which features a new gear and enchanting system that necessitates a change in battleground rewards. This new system also affects our PvP landscape, so to better track how the new system works, we will not be highlighting battlegrounds for the rest of October.

This isn’t to say there won’t be highlighted battlegrounds in the future, but for October at least, battleground rewards will be distributed normally.

to that sum that it is difficult to win a BG, even so they are so brazen that they put the random prizes, they can come out or they can not, I already have 25 victories and you think that something has come out to me?
  • I mean, you could add 1 extra box or 2 loss receipts as a victory jackpot, something to push people towards specific battlegrounds so they actually queue. Otherwise, I doubt there will be enough people to queue Skyring, CS and FWC at the same time, let alone Gridiron, leading people to give up and not bother with any of them.

• ArnetraArnetra ✭✭
    edited October 10
    A quick update for those interested, I opened a few old boxes and it seems like the rewards from old boxes were not replaced with new items, instead they just give the equivalent amount of tokens to the item you would have gotten before. For example, you open a FWC box and if you get a triumph, it instead gives you 750 entropic tokens. This seems to be the case for the Gridiron top rank boxes as well. I will update if i get more info, but for now it looks like I won't be able to use old bg boxes to gauge the new bg rewards.

EDIT: I actually made a mistake, the grid ranking boxes have been updated and now give entropic tokens plus a random item instead of MES and a random item as follows:

Rank 1 box: 250 tokens
    Rank 2 box: 150 tokens
    Rank 3 box: 50 tokens
    Rank 4/5 box: 20 tokens