The TERA servers will undergo an extended maintenance from 7-11 a.m., on Tuesday, 10/24.

Apparently, there is something suspicious going on now.

Comments

• SowenSowen ✭✭✭
    Sounds good, im not even able to get a single golden plate for each semi. -jk
    If thats true, thats just a shame, they had zero effort trying to understand how the patch works.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixelator wrote: »
    StarSprite wrote: »
    P L A Y E R C O U N C I L
    Interestingly enough, the player council was not given any information about this upcoming patch. We're usually brought on board a day or so before the patch is released and even then it's usually very vague.

The rumor I've heard is that EME trusted a group of players to help put together the guides and patch notes. This lead to people who had not signed an NDA, be vetted by eme in anyway, get sensitive information. They may or may not have shared it with a friend or two. Word got out.

Tried to keep it vague so there's not call outs.
    I apologize for my hasty assumption, it just seems awfully suspicious that a certain gold hoarder, who also happens to be on the PC, suddenly wanted to dump all the enchanting stockpile he had.
    ????
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/17964/av-ch-ff-tr-mt-selling-semi-enigmatic-scrolls-blessed-enigmatic-scrolls#latest
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3
    ElinLove wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Interestingly enough, the player council was not given any information about this upcoming patch. We're usually brought on board a day or so before the patch is released and even then it's usually very vague.

The rumor I've heard is that EME trusted a group of players to help put together the guides and patch notes. This lead to people who had not signed an NDA, be vetted by eme in anyway, get sensitive information. They may or may not have shared it with a friend or two. Word got out.

I apologize for my hasty assumption, it just seems awfully suspicious that a certain gold hoarder, who also happens to be on the PC, suddenly wanted to dump all the enchanting stockpile he had.

What can be happening is they are asuming that NA Tera is going to have changes acordingly on how much mats are in players hands already.

They maybe are making a risky move trying to anticipate an unknown outcome, that is something smart people do many times.

That could have nothing to do with them knowing or not knowing before hand about that ingo.

StarSprite basically told you they did give information to certain players. Your optimism is beyond belief.
    [...]
    The rumor I've heard
    [...]

You know that user is already like that, he is the only one with the reason even if his post is a lie or something absurd and even worse, he even twists the words from others to make his arguments.
  • 6R1MM01R36R1MM01R3 ✭✭✭
    I think it would be unlikely from EME to trash the exchange rates of items to tokens, since they make gearing stuff actually easy to get compared to korea and eu, at least for the last few patches. Also would be a terrible decision to make considering that there will be returning players that would have all their masterworking and enchanting supplies turned into near useless trash, and that wouldn't be a reason to stay in the game at all.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

What can be happening is they are asuming that NA Tera is going to have changes acordingly on how much mats are in players hands already.

They maybe are making a risky move trying to anticipate an unknown outcome, that is something smart people do many times.

That could have nothing to do with them knowing or not knowing before hand about that ingo.

It is by far too suspicious to have an enormous amounts of SES flooding the market in a day.I do not mind losing some gold in investing but I don't see why other players having an assumption that may lead to making a bad decision due to the outcome of the current situation.

Look, I already sold all my mes, mwa, spellbinds and make some a couple of millions of it, that was since more than one month and bought cash shop items. That won't make me a person that knows what is going to happen but instead I make a desicion about what things could lower their price a lot and what could rise their value in gold a lot.

This is something that many people in the game needs to understand also so they don't hurt their feelings like this each time a revamp on that can affect market prices is applied.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    eme publis new tab for covertion rate to new tokens, im agree with this rate, if we get same like Ktera have in the first time
  • BeomBeom ✭✭
    edited October 3
    S> @ElinUsagi said:

>
    > Look, I already sold all my mes, mwa, spellbinds and make some a couple of millions of it, that was since more than one month and bought cash shop items. That won't make me a person that knows what is going to happen but instead I make a desicion about what things could lower their price a lot and what could rise their value in gold a lot.
    >
    > This is something that many people in the game needs to understand also so they don't hurt their feelings like this each time a revamp on that can affect market prices is applied.

I am the one who check the price of those item every hour even though I do not have millions of gold to stock them up.
    And of course some players, like you, decided to sell their stuff befor the patch regardless of the pach info. However, since I have been searching market price and global chat almost everyday and every hour, I can definitely say that some BUYERS sunddenly turned to SELLERS from yesterday(or maybe a few days ago) and they started selling their item way cheaper than market price(on broker and on trade chat).

What made those buyers becoming seller? It could not have done without any leaked info.
  • edited October 3
    Hey all. Please see Seandynamite's post about this.

The project to make a complete guide for the gear revamp is ongoing despite today's hiccup. Collaborations like this always come with risks, but we're still looking forward to the final result and we don't want to let things like this interfere too much when it comes to working with members of the community to do awesome things.

Now that the conversion info is up for anyone to see, help spread the word and link to Seandynamite's post to those who might be interested in seeing it. I'd also like to ask you guys to respect those in the community that contributed to this project. Please don't seek out or hound those who may/may not have leaked or had info leaked to them. Thanks.
  • PoniloverPonilover ✭✭✭
    rip tera na
  • Yeah, this just killed the game to me. I'll watch Friday's stream to see if they say how much everything costs. But I'm seriously thinking of uninstalling because most of the stuff saved has become borderline worthless.
  • Danbeas wrote: »
    Yeah, this just killed the game to me. I'll watch Friday's stream to see if they say how much everything costs. But I'm seriously thinking of uninstalling because most of the stuff saved has become borderline worthless.

Think about the conversion this way - it's going to be the same for every player, so your progress in the game related to everyone around you will stay the same related to the time/effort put in. If player A has saved up 10k T12 Feedstock, but player B has been doing dungeons every day, playing like crazy, and saved up 30k T12 Feedstock, player B will STILL have 3x as much enchanting material as player A once they're converted into emblems.

The gear stats will be slightly different (and in some cases better than the old gear), and the amount of material needed to attempt a single enchant will change, but the playing field is still the same from player to player.
  • PsyphurPsyphur ✭✭
    edited October 3
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Danbeas wrote: »
    Yeah, this just killed the game to me. I'll watch Friday's stream to see if they say how much everything costs. But I'm seriously thinking of uninstalling because most of the stuff saved has become borderline worthless.

Think about the conversion this way - it's going to be the same for every player, so your progress in the game related to everyone around you will stay the same related to the time/effort put in. If player A has saved up 10k T12 Feedstock, but player B has been doing dungeons every day, playing like crazy, and saved up 30k T12 Feedstock, player B will STILL have 3x as much enchanting material as player A once they're converted into emblems.

The gear stats will be slightly different (and in some cases better than the old gear), and the amount of material needed to attempt a single enchant will change, but the playing field is still the same from player to player.

Or someone who saved 10k Master Enigmatic scrolls vs Someone who saved 10k Premium Alkahests, player 1 will get 2x the advantage because you just lowered the market value of premium alkahest to the same rate of a common enigmatic scroll.

Common enigmatic scroll 5g on merchant shop. So now you set the precedent that 1 Token = 5g.
    Premium is set at 1 token.
    Premium = 5g.

oh and MES went from 70g market value to 10g market value.

You just crashed the market heavily.
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Danbeas wrote: »

I somewhat agree with you, but somewhat disagree as well.

535867e254.png

This is the comparison chart betwwen NA and KTERA. You (or other GM) said the ratio has been decided based on the AMOUNT exist. That totally makes sense. However, for example Keybadges..NA tera gives more token (Entropic Emblem) than KTERA. I don't think KTERA players run BG's more than NA's and they never had BG jackpot like us.

So.."the amount of item exist" is a bit questionable.

Also, what are you going to say about "leaked info" from EME? Please say something more than just "sorry". @Spacecats
  • ef157eb0a7.png
    "Balanced".
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ye free items :3
This discussion has been closed.