So some players actually affect TERA??

I know lots of people became mad due to the new info about dismantle ratio. But let's talk about something beyond it.

c026a5aac3.png

The announcement said;

At the end of last week, we shared some documentation and information regarding the upcoming gear progression changes with select community members with the intent that they could help us build more comprehensive and player-friendly guides that can be linked to in an official capacity by En Masse through the TERA site

So, EME admitted that a few SELECTED players affected the future content. Why did EME not listen the majority of community members, but just listen to a few selected players?

- edit -
It was kind of my misunderstood. It seems like the patch info has been confirmed before EME gave their document to selected people so that those people didn't affect. Even if I still do not understand why EME need those people to make "MORE COMPREHENSIVE"

And still, It does not make any sense why EME shared their patch info with a few selected people before they release.

- end edit -

Indeed, apparently, the rumor became true. Those SELECTED PLAYERS leaked the info, and they exploited the info for their own benefit. It's UNFAIR.

The selected players committed what they were not supposed to do, and this is definitely an "exploit" so that they have to get a penalty.

Will there be any penalty for those selected player?

Will there be any apology and/or compensation for this happening?

Comments

• and its not like they did a good job either, they have no idea what they are doing l0l
  • honestly bank do you think they will do anything you've been playing 5-6 years just look in the past they will probably get a slap on the wrist and still be able to do things for eme LUL
  • stop adding words the what the PM said the few selected was there to help with guides read its right there.
  • Strongly disappointed/disagreed with the transparency/handling of TERA.The past argon 'parcel event' was a laugh but now it is getting more ridiculous..
    I guess the era of this game has come to an near end pretty soon
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Melyodis wrote: »
    stop adding words the what the PM said the few selected was there to help with guides read its right there.

925dca20eb.png

If you think I added a word on GM's note, then can you explain how the info was leaked?
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    So what's the point of the player council? Were they the selected players? If not why have a council
  • honestly bank do you think they will do anything you've been playing 5-6 years just look in the past they will probably get a slap on the wrist and still be able to do things for eme LUL

I, and we all, know nothing will be changed about it. But it is still unreliable as a service provider. Well, I kinda lost 1-2 millions of gold, but that's fine, I still have more than what I have (or will) lost. Nothing will be affected to my game play. But still, it is unreliable.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Haggard86 wrote: »
    So what's the point of the player council? Were they the selected players? If not why have a council
    We were not the selected players.
  • People have been begging for EME to hire someone who actually knows their game for years, but they never had. Guess what, someone who knows what semi-enigmatic scrolls actually do would advocate better than what we currently have. And maybe BHS would trust their partner company a little bit more if they had some knowledge about the game. Instead they have like one or two CMs across multiple games that know nothing about anything. Idk if EME employees have been paying attention to that discord you made, but it's not only TERA people complaining about the lack of game knowledge and the company's overall incompetence.
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    People have been begging for EME to hire someone who actually knows their game for years, but they never had. Guess what, someone who knows what semi-enigmatic scrolls actually do would advocate better than what we currently have. And maybe BHS would trust their partner company a little bit more if they had some knowledge about the game. Instead they have like one or two CMs across multiple games that know nothing about anything. Idk if EME employees have been paying attention to that discord you made, but it's not only TERA people complaining about the lack of game knowledge and the company's overall incompetence.

I somewhat agree with you. Games (not only TERA) sometimes need a expert players who can help for the game contents. However, today's issue has been happened due to "Leak of the info" by those selected player.
    > @StarSprite said:
    > Haggard86 wrote: »
    >
    > So what's the point of the player council? Were they the selected players? If not why have a council
    >
    >
    >
    > We were not the selected players.

The trusted player council was overlooked for other players... hmmm if only they had trusted players they could ask about this stuff that wouldn't leak the info.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    The worst part about this is that those selected players got to sell all of their materials for a higher rate than market value now, considering that this announcement has completely crashed everything.

Every item is now worth its weight in tokens at a rate of 1 token = 5 gold. Spellbinds are worth 2 tokens so they're fixed at 10g now. Tier 12 feed is 15g. Semis are 150g. etc.

Whoever got the info first really got the best deal out of this.
  • @JasonTERA this is what you said { So, EME admitted that a few SELECTED players affected the future content.} your saying that the few selected had some say in the incoming content when they didn't.
    Do us a favor and delete the banks of those that exploited this.
This discussion has been closed.