The TERA servers will undergo an extended maintenance from 7-11 a.m., on Tuesday, 10/24.

So some players actually affect TERA??

Comments

• JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    Melyodis wrote: »
    @JasonTERA this is what you said { So, EME admitted that a few SELECTED players affected the future content.} your saying that the few selected had some say in the incoming content when they didn't.

oh, I got what you said, well, that's somewhat true. I was a bit hasty for that. But like I said, I agree with the idea of getting expert people to help building TERA contents, and/or guide. But what I want to bring is not that. It is all about "LEAK" and "EXPLOIT"
  • JasonTERA wrote: »
    Melyodis wrote: »
    @JasonTERA this is what you said { So, EME admitted that a few SELECTED players affected the future content.} your saying that the few selected had some say in the incoming content when they didn't.

oh, I got what you said, well, that's somewhat true. I was a bit hasty for that. But like I said, I agree with the idea of getting expert people to help building TERA contents, and/or guide. But what I want to bring is not that. It is all about "LEAK" and "EXPLOIT"

ok
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    @Melyodis

3db350fd90.png

But meanwhile, Why did EME need out-of-staff members to make more comprehensive? Is it hard to make a chart by themselves? This comment really sounds like they were helping to make the content of the chart, not just transfer the values into the chart.
  • well i don't think you can buy tokens so those selling their stuff must know something deep thinking about it makes you speculate more lol.
  • 6R1MM01R36R1MM01R3 ✭✭✭
    There is information that they don't reveal to players that they should, and there is information that they disclose to players that they shouldn't.
    So chances are that instead of deciding the rates all by themselves, they just did it according to the selected few that would get the most benefit from this "information exchange"
  • JasonTERA wrote: »
    @Melyodis

3db350fd90.png

But meanwhile, Why did EME need out-of-staff members to make more comprehensive? Is it hard to make a chart by themselves? This comment really sounds like they were helping to make the content of the chart, not just transfer the values into the chart.

i think as from what was said that there will be video guides posted Thursday and Friday so with this being a big patch eme needed help. I would put it that way.
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    JasonTERA wrote: »
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    People have been begging for EME to hire someone who actually knows their game for years, but they never had. Guess what, someone who knows what semi-enigmatic scrolls actually do would advocate better than what we currently have. And maybe BHS would trust their partner company a little bit more if they had some knowledge about the game. Instead they have like one or two CMs across multiple games that know nothing about anything. Idk if EME employees have been paying attention to that discord you made, but it's not only TERA people complaining about the lack of game knowledge and the company's overall incompetence.

I somewhat agree with you. Games (not only TERA) sometimes need a expert players who can help for the game contents. However, today's issue has been happened due to "Leak of the info" by those selected player.

Yeah, I agree with your OP, but this could have also been avoided if they had people who knew the game, even basics.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    unistall, this is your compesation hue
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3
    Haggard86 wrote: »
    So what's the point of the player council? Were they the selected players? If not why have a council

This is basically my question as well. At least player council members could be threatened with having their position revoked if they leaked or acted on sensitive information in a way that gave them an unfair advantage over other players. These "selected people" had no reason to keep quiet, and indeed -- they didn't. Normal users were made aware of the situation, but only when it was too late to react in a meaningful way. Prices have already plummeted and people are thoroughly screwed.

Coming from someone who's just been selling everything and hoarding raw gold, even I'm a little miffed. But at least I'm not as screwed as people who converted their gold into mats based on ktera notes only to find out about this 2 days after the chosen people made a fortune off their exclusive knowledge.
  • ManjuhManjuh ✭✭
    So EME doesnt wanna speak about this leak and exploit and players who got rich with it now?
  • Remove the tinfoil hats. As I stated in the original post, EME did not create these ratios; nor did any players. The conversion rates were created by the BHS design team BASED ON THE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL IN THE CURRENT ECONOMY. NA TERA players have A LOT MORE materials in their possession than the other territories, by incredible amounts.

Again, let me repeat that for anyone that doesn't understand:

EME did not create the conversion rates. The BHS design/dev team did and passed it along to us, and today we passed it along to you.
  • Manjuh wrote: »
    So EME doesnt wanna speak about this leak and exploit and players who got rich with it now?

Any results from any investigation into what took place wouldn't be shared publicly anyway. Again, remove the tinfoil hat. Conspiracy theories are incorrect.
  • ManjuhManjuh ✭✭
    the question remains, what are you goin to do with players who leaked? just look up their trade history

• PagesPages ✭✭✭
    Manjuh wrote: »

Any results from any investigation into what took place wouldn't be shared publicly anyway. Again, remove the tinfoil hat. Conspiracy theories are incorrect.

Not to be rude, but it's not a conspiracy theory. EME admitted that they released the information a little early to some players. Fine, it's whatever. It happens, right? Except that there was literal insider trading, with Kamizuma making a post 5 hours before EME made the conversion rates public, where he was selling his items for old-market value (before they all dropped to the current value of 5.35g = 1 token).
This discussion has been closed.