[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Ty EME for setting a price for every single item that can be converted

Comments

• TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    I HAD EIGHTY THOUSAND ALKHEST THAT WAS WORTH 1.6 MILLION AND NOW ITS WORTH 400K BECAUSE OF THESE RATES WHAT IS WRONG!!!
    be grateful eme gave u free 400k gold lmao. wtf wrong with ppl these dayz

EmE is mailing alkahest? Where do I sign up?
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Why are you upset I can't understand.

What you have now is mostly useless in the new patch, but progression is much faster than now, so coming back worth either way.

If you just get upset about the hypothetical lost gold value you didn't want to come back in the first place and looking for an excuse.
    Furthermore, you valued gold that much you would have sold it before and not keep millions of alkahest. But you did, meaning you gabled and upset because you lost, even tho everyone knew and EME stated that the conversion shop will be different.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Shikine wrote: »

What you have now is mostly useless in the new patch, but progression is much faster than now, so coming back worth either way.

If you just get upset about the hypothetical lost gold value you didn't want to come back in the first place and looking for an excuse.
    Furthermore, you valued gold that much you would have sold it before and not keep millions of alkahest. But you did, meaning you gabled and upset because you lost, even tho everyone knew and EME stated that the conversion shop will be different.

Different. Not tanked beyond comprehension. There is a BIG difference from what eme is doing here.

They COMPLETELY [filtered] over old players who had millions saved up in mats here.

Our mats are time and money spent on this game. YOU DO NOT do this to your playerbase.

This is bad bad management in any shape and form.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    While I can accept that mats shouldnt be at KTera rates, I would have expected things to be worth at least slightly more.

Now that rates are released, I think I can still make one deathwrack gear from scratch with just tokens, compared to 2 full sets. If I had sold all my mats, I would still get an acceptable amount of gold.

However. With all of this changes, anyone in DW right now would be miles ahead of the rest who are farming mats for next patch. I do hope that there is still a slight buff to some of the most affected materials.
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Koikoi wrote: »

Different. Not tanked beyond comprehension. There is a BIG difference from what eme is doing here.

They COMPLETELY [filtered] over old players who had millions saved up in mats here.

Our mats are time and money spent on this game. YOU DO NOT do this to your playerbase.

It's NOT EME
    its BHS, they do the same to EVERY region, EVERY player
    and yes, you do this to your player base if you want the economy to start in some way as your calculations that gives what they think is best experience

Tell me @Koikoi what did they take from you? your mats are still there, aren't they? they worth exactly the same except their hypothetical value, which you never cared of since you didn't intend to sell them
    you can still use old materials to get deathwrack +15? not like they robbed you of anything?

your base assumption of the conversion shop was WRONG, not even from an official source and you get upset they changed it? what now???
    every region gets a customized one based on the number of items they have in-game

Furthermore, they worth less EXACTLY because you have millions and if you already have millions, you should already have behemoth or better gear, in which case the conversion shop worth NOTHING to you because it does not contain Holy water which you would need for progression
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    Its not the conversion rate that is bad, its the fact they said 1 week before the patch, they never did changes like that before and now they are doing? Really?
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭

Insider trading is the buying or selling of a security by someone who has access to material nonpublic information about the security.

This is why a lot of people are upset. EME gave information to players that didn't sign an NDA about it, and they used it to do exactly this. Insider Trading.

Now, this is a game, so you'd fail a court case for Insider Trading. Even so, people are pissed.

• KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭

It's NOT EME
    and yes, you do this to your player base if you want the economy to start in some way as your calculations that gives what they think is best experience

Tell me @Koikoi what did they take from you? your mats are still there, aren't they? they worth exactly the same except their hypothetical value, which you never cared of since you didn't intend to sell them
    you can still use old materials to get deathwrack +15? not like they robbed you of anything?

your base assumption of the conversion shop was WRONG, not even from an official source and you get upset they changed it? what now???
    every region gets a customized one based on the number of items they have in-game

Furthermore, they worth less EXACTLY because you have millions and if you already have millions, you should already have behemoth or better gear, in which case the conversion shop worth NOTHING to you because it does not contain Holy water which you would need for progression

Stop being a white knight for this [filtered].

There were 2 main reasons for saving up mats.

1- turn into tokens
    2- sell after patch when certain items are still useable and valuable

Yes my items are still there. But the value has been DRASTICALLY BEYOND COMPREHENSION blown out the door.

There was insider trading being done A WEEK AGO that made anyone who invested into mats [filtered] beyond reasoning.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shikine Now they call him white knight? Holy molly.
  • SatevaSateva ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    This current leak drama is not why Alk is worthless.

It was some Mongo event apparently, I quit as well and came back in March to it being 10g ea from 100g ea. I lost so much, but, excrement happens I suppose. Nothing is ever a safe long term investment in Tera, prices always flux, and Ememe will always make terrible event decisions.

I know the feel bro, I had 20-30k of each kind...

Just blow it on a nice +15 DW set and you will be ready for the next patch at least.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    @Shikine Now they call him white knight? Holy molly.

You know the ways of those people, if your opinion is diferent as them then you are a white knight.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    I saw SpaceCats say in a few streams that the Ktera rates weren't going to apply to us. Even with that, people just assumed they were going to get loads of tokens for common items and started buying them all up. I knew the rates were going to be super low, so I started selling off all of the items I knew were going to be only tradable for tokens. Life is like a gamble, and sometimes, you gamble wrong. Thanks to all that bought my enchanting mats though.
  • Shikine wrote: »

It's NOT EME

No, it's totally EME. BHS don't give us events that break the economy again and again, nor did they choose the conversion rates of the mats for NA TERA.
  • Shikine wrote: »

It's NOT EME

No, it's totally EME. BHS don't give us events that break the economy again and again, nor did they choose the conversion rates of the mats for NA TERA.

+1
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I will be happy if EME with this understand that is just to bad to give enchanting materials and crafting materias in bulks (they shouldnt give them in the first place) on events that do not require skills for players to complete.

I hope they better give costumes, mounts or weapon skins that make gear progression a joke as it was from 2 years to this day.

I hope that EME learns how people will be always ungrateful and will get sour when their greed get hurt, so pls, no more enchanting mats as prizes on events anymore, better give elite, EMP and cash shop items instead.
This discussion has been closed.