The TERA servers will undergo an extended maintenance from 7-11 a.m., on Tuesday, 10/24.

October 10th 2017 Potential Bug

With the new gearing system inbound. Ktera had some bugs associated to the incoming patch. Two of the biggest bugs were oblit converters converted a +15 deathwreck to a +12 oblit rather than a +15. Another would be some items in the token of change shops are priced wrongly. Will this be fixed? Or will we get any bugs as we seen through the server transfer closure?

Comments

• Highly doubt its gonna be fixed because even KTeras version of this bug is not fixed and theyre not adressing that problem, and we just receive the patches with barely -any- changes whatsoever
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭
    In every other instance like this that I can remember, we've received the same bugs only to have them get fixed in the same scheduled timeframe that they were fixed in the korean version. The one benefit to receiving content 4~6 months later than the korean version should be that the bugs are worked out by the time we get it, but instead we receive the exact same bugs that bluehole already fixed, because BHS is a lazy and incompetent developer.
  • I get the feeling that the "incorrect prices" in the new exchange shop can be fixed by EME right? Cause I assume they will adjust the price of things to better reflect our economy in NA.

But if I converted a DW+15 piece and it only gave me the Oblit+12 item conversion, I would be pretty sad and upset. I'll probably wait a day or two until other people have reported if things are working properly or not. Thanks for the heads up about this!
  • So yeah the recommendation is that if you plan to retool your +15 DW to Oblit, do it before the patch.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notepad806 wrote: »
    I get the feeling that the "incorrect prices" in the new exchange shop can be fixed by EME right? Cause I assume they will adjust the price of things to better reflect our economy in NA.
    Yeah, apparently the token exchange rates are different in each market, so for this one it seems likely that it'll be "fixed" (although there's always a chance that something else will not be as intended).

The other bug... I'm really curious what BHS decides to do about it. It might be that the reason they didn't fix it in K-TERA was because some people already redeemed it the other way. But if that's the reason, they could/should still fix it for all the other global regions... even though there's a chance (as people said) that they won't.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭
    well, i guess that best idea is not retool stuff till you're sure it's fixed.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30
    Notepad806 wrote: »
    I get the feeling that the "incorrect prices" in the new exchange shop can be fixed by EME right? Cause I assume they will adjust the price of things to better reflect our economy in NA.
    Yeah, apparently the token exchange rates are different in each market, so for this one it seems likely that it'll be "fixed" (although there's always a chance that something else will not be as intended).

Thought, it wouldn't be logical to have VM9 mats and those will get you less tokens than the ones you if you want to get the same VM9 mats back.

The thing that BHS should have leave to change by region is the mat conversion to tokens and not the otherwise.

This is just sad to read.
  • It'd really be nice if a GM could comment on this. I'm pretty sure they are able to do internal test or I hope they are before patch goes live.
    @Spacecats @seandynamite
  • edited October 6
    5NthekB.jpg

@SingleBear tested it and found that this isn't an issue in our version of the build. Should be good to go next week.
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    edited October 6
    Halrath wrote: »
    5NthekB.jpg

@SingleBear tested it and found that this isn't an issue in our version of the build. Should be good to go next week.

After the patch, there will be no "Awakened". The items in your ss has "Awaken" in front of the item name..so it should be different.

The issue that KTERA people reported is..when they enchanted +15 after the patch, (so there's no "awakened"), and converted it to oblit, it became +12 oblit instead of +15 olbit since the +15 DW has no "awakened" tittle.
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    Halrath wrote: »
    5NthekB.jpg

After the next patch, there will be no longer "Awakening" system. The items in your ss still have "Awakened" title, so it should be different.

What KTERA people reported was, after the patch, when they enchanted their DW gears to +15 (no awaken, no masterwork needed), and then when they converted it to oblit, the item became +12 oblit instead of +15 oblit.

After patch, If you make
    - MW'ed +12 > +15 > oblit = +12 oblit
    - Pure +0 > +12 > oblit = +9 oblit
    - Pure +0 > +15 > oblit = +9 oblit

This was because the gears will no longer have "masterwork" or "awakened" title. Hopefully, we won't get this issue.
  • Ah! I'll give it a try.
  • Re-tested, this time without creating the item as an awakened item.
    [img]OnapeJA.jpg
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    @SingleBear Thanks for the re-test. I appreciate you confirmed that we won't get the issue.

And..I noticed something in your ss. the name of converted item in first ss is "+15 Awakened: SEALED XXX", but in the second ss, it is "+15 ENIGMATIC XXX".

I know it does not matter at all and they have same meaning, but why would they have different term? If they have same term, it will be better to prevent any misunderstanding/misinterpreting even if it is for like 0.00001 % of people.