The TERA servers will undergo an extended maintenance from 7-11 a.m., on Tuesday, 10/24.

Token "buy" shop is exactly the same as ktera...

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    idk why other regions get to see confirmed shop prices but we dont lol

Didn't EME promise to be more open?

They were more open to a "selected" group of players, got backstabed by them and now this they return to their current stance.

Their own fault to trust outsiders.

No, the bad idea was being open to a small group instead of the whole player base.

Didn't I implied that in my post?

If is not clear that is what I tried to say with that.
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Phoebus260 wrote: »
    At this rate, the people complaining about the exchange rate might as well write a petition. :)

Petition for BiS set to be sent by parcel to them?

You know, you could try and not exaggerate everything. We just want a fair exchange rate, how is that anywhere close to wanting BiS gear given to us?

It is a fair exchange based on all the mats we got. and if it is any shortage EME always held events, also Kyra is coming, Halloween is coming. They gonna give stuff, mats. But nope, I don't think many players here are asking for anything fair, they are asking for easy. When things happened, when the patch hit the game, when you exchanged all, that's when you can judge the fairness. Don't you think?

One time we had things like other regions, fair and we get these replies. So, I am sorry but not exaggerating, many people know it by now, you might not be part of them but as everyone can see the posts and reply, people are looking for that easy, fast BiS.

Tokens alone can't get you Top +9, nor will the MWA help in any way with the new gear, so I really don't see why you say that.

But regardless, 10 Old MWA for 1 new MWA is not a fair rate, no matter how you slice it.

You wont use normal and tier spellbinds, normal and tier master enigmatics, intricate indentification scrolls, personal extensive and rare alks, tier alks, blessed enigmatic scrolls, noble enigmatic scrolls, extensive and premium alks, old mwa; all of them will convert to tokens so you will have the same cost using alks to enchant till +12 or +15 than in the old system with all that you won't need to use.

Also about the rate conversion for SES, I had spent about 2k ses to get all my accesories with perfect rolls, with the new system you will only need 1 per accesory, if you make the math 2k x 28 = 56k tokens on ses with the old system, with the new system I will have to use... 5.6k tokens to get the ses I need.

This change is more than welcome.
  • EquitasEquitas ✭✭✭
    9XNTHP5R3H wrote: »
    Are you fucki--g stupid? how is removing 90% of players mwa will "fix" teras economy? reducing how many tokens we get from our mats is understandable and many players are ok with it. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about because no one can get +9 stormcry without doing the hard mode dngs (rk9hm and hh), tokens wont give us the mats needed to enchant from +7 to +9

They could be removing 100% of Masterwork Alkahest if they wanted, considering that Masterworking will no longer be a thing. They are granting us the privilege and opportunity to convert that at a ratio that was determined to be best for the economy. You go on to say it's "understandable" in the very next sentence. I think you're a little confused. You need to pick a position and stick with it. Also, I very much have an idea what I'm talking about when I talk about the new gear sets and getting them to max enchantment. I never said people could "get +9 stormcry without doing the hard mode dngs". What I said was that that "I'm just not an entitled brat who thinks that I should have instant access to +9 Stormcry gear seconds after the update hits." You would know that if you bothered to read what I wrote, instead of looking for something to get angry about and jumping to conclusions. And you asking me if I'm stupid...
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    I don't think you have any idea what some people did to obtain those items. Maybe you did "nothing" but that doesn't apply to everyone. Your "nothing" didn't get you even 10% of the hoard people have.

Yet another comment taken out of context. Here's the full quote: "If the conversion went that way you feel entitled to, you would be given instantaneous access to top tier gear that is fully enchanted and has perfect rolls after having done nothing." This is the attitude of the entitled MMO player. It doesn't apply to everyone. Also, I do know what some people did to obtain those items. They grinded and traded. They also took advantage of the numerous events where you could literally do nothing and walk away with hundreds of thousands of gold worth of items. It's not any big mystery. I also love how you presume to know what I have. You don't. Of course, it was pretty clear from the start that you didn't know what you were talking about.
    no way thats possible.

It's very much possible. They released the patch notes to a few people involved with Essential Mana whom they hoped would write up a guide. These people took advantage of that information to benefit themselves. They may have eventually drafted a patch guide, but not before first making sure they would be ahead of the curve. That's why this announcement was necessary.
    Ponilover wrote: »
    Hm, ppl saying they'll quit, and for some unknown reason servers are becoming less and less populated. I wonder if there's a connection between these two completely unrelated issues.

The people who quit aren't the ones who sit around and complain day after day (unfortunately). The whiners stay (unfortunately). The people who left have done so because they're tired of the toxicity of this community, the game being turned to a snoozefest because developers institute MMO welfare systems to cater to the whiners, and because they've done just about everything TERA has to offer.
    But regardless, 10 Old MWA for 1 new MWA is not a fair rate, no matter how you slice it.

Masterworking will no longer be necessary with the new gear system. This makes Masterwork Alkahest obsolete. They could just make MWA "no longer usable" and set the NPC value at 10 silver. Instead, they're giving you the opportunity to trade it in. It's a fair rate. It could [be] 10 MWA for 0 MWA and a paltry amount of gold.
  • PoniloverPonilover ✭✭✭
    edited October 9
    too much whiteknighting
    following your logic they could just delete EVERYTHING for EVERYONE and give them 10 k gold for a fresh start.
    this will definitely bring life back to tera
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    too much whiteknighting
    following your logic they could just delete EVERYTHING for EVERYONE and give them 10 k gold for a fresh start.

Whiteknighting? No one complains about Tera/BHS/EME more than me, whenever people point out things that matter, no one shows up. But the minute their easy way of getting things is endanger they all show up at once. From this to the 3rd party issue and other similar stuff.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/17927/can-we-have-these-victory-box-system-changed-and-bring-back-store/p1
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/17715/can-we-get-real-costumes-can-eme-get-the-right-to-create-its-own-costumes#latest

They are whiteknighting? Where were these people? so, nope, people are not looking for revival of Tera, or things that matter just that Greed part keeps popping out.
  • EquitasEquitas ✭✭✭
    Whiteknighting? No one complains about Tera/BHS/EME more than me, whenever people point out things that matter, no one shows up. But the minute their easy way of getting things is endanger they all show up at once. From this to the 3rd party issue and other similar stuff.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/17927/can-we-have-these-victory-box-system-changed-and-bring-back-store/p1
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/17715/can-we-get-real-costumes-can-eme-get-the-right-to-create-its-own-costumes#latest

They are whiteknighting? Where were these people? so, nope, people are not looking for revival of Tera, or things that matter just that Greed part keeps popping out.

I think he was talking to me. My comment disappeared after I tried to edit a spelling mistake. I can only imagine why.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »

I think he was talking to me. My comment disappeared after I tried to edit a spelling mistake. I can only imagine why.

maybe caught up in Spam filter, that happens sometimes.
  • EquitasEquitas ✭✭✭
    maybe caught up in Spam filter, that happens sometimes.

Probably. There were a lot of responses to a lot of different people. Maybe it was all the quotes, and who knows when someone will be on to restore it.
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭
    greedy men *giggle*
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    too much whiteknighting

"Things that matter" is so very subjective. You cannot honestly expect people whose entire Tera life is dedicated to gearing and collecting progression items to give a rat's behind about who's gonna make the next costume. As for the other topic, that's not the first one, we showed up, we cared, EmE told us they'll be forwarding our feedback to the appropriate round department. Just because you are late to the party, doesn't mean we aren't all drunk.
  • FYI the numbers you all saw in the build on Friday were in a test QA build and were the Korean numbers, NOT the NA token shop prices. As I had said in my original post about the information being released, the prices and dismantling rates for our territory are unique to our territory due to the amount of material in the economy already.

We will not be releasing the token shop prices until during maintenance tomorrow morning. So close now, folks. Your patience is appreciated.
  • EquitasEquitas ✭✭✭
    @seandynamite Now that you're here, can you restore my post?
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭
    @LesbianVi, i think EME should wipe server's database every 6 months.
    just look how great it will be!

*No more hoarding mats from previous patch;
    *No more BIS +15 on day one, ppl will need to "work hard" for their gear!
    *Ppl will run Tera for its great creative and fun content instead of afking on HW!
    *There will be things to (re)do every 6 months!
    * No need for BHS to put money on real content, EME can just push a button!
    * This will fix every problem caused by Mongos and OP events, think about a pristine economy every 6 month, cuz we all know that virtual seasonal commodities's price is so much more valuable than our real time!
    * We all gonna "get gud" on this game killing IOD BAMs 10201021x and running 3~4 star dungeons 6 Hrs a day (cuz HM reward will be garbage as always!). I mean, it's so hard to kill that Naga and Iron Giant, only Tera gods can achieve that!
    * And ofc, ppl will return in droves and they'll be very happy to se they lost everything, but who cares? They wanna run the 2x new reskinned dungeons 10000x!

But ofc, we can p2w our way to the top. Better yet, we can p2w our full +15 gear on day one and post here on eme forums how ppl only want easy stuff and how Mongos ruined our profits!!!

That's the logic from a small but very vocal minority here on this forum. Let's just see who EME gonna listen this time...
  • > @seandynamite said:
    > FYI the numbers you all saw in the build on Friday were in a test QA build and were the Korean numbers, NOT the NA token shop prices. As I had said in my original post about the information being released, the prices and dismantling rates for our territory are unique to our territory due to the amount of material in the economy already.
    >
    > We will not be releasing the token shop prices until during maintenance tomorrow morning. So close now, folks. Your patience is appreciated.

now we pray alk are 1:1 :)
  • Equitas wrote: »
    @seandynamite Now that you're here, can you restore my post?

Restored. The spam filter did catch it but it should appear now.
  • SalvatoriSalvatori ✭✭✭
    edited October 9
    > @seandynamite said:
    > FYI the numbers you all saw in the build on Friday were in a test QA build and were the Korean numbers, NOT the NA token shop prices. As I had said in my original post about the information being released, the prices and dismantling rates for our territory are unique to our territory due to the amount of material in the economy already.
    >
    > We will not be releasing the token shop prices until during maintenance tomorrow morning. So close now, folks. Your patience is appreciated.

Idk why make a "top secret thing" about it. Every other region already released their patch notes and token shop prices but NA players are kept in the dark for no reason.