[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Ravenous Gorge

I just ran that all full of expectations and high hopes. Instead I got one of the top 5 worst experiences Ive had in Tera. Bosses hitting for 1/3 of my health, huge hitpoint pools, no boss attack ranges. You took the casual fun that people liked about the first 3 instances and turned them in to a meat grinder, unless you are the lucky few that get a healer. Nomore warming up before you head in to the challenging content no, its straight down the river with no paddle.

That was almost enough to make me uninstall this game. But I plan to get my moneys worth that I have spent on this game and I probably wont be putting more in to it.

Que the fanboys.

Comments

• 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Just do KC and shattered fleet, you'll always get a healer.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    Some people have been running RG solo lol, maybe get some practice and learn your class better
  • RG solo? There's no npc wall? I'll have to check that out.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    They actually removed a lot of the dungeon's challenging elements. Learn your class a bit more, or take a healer with you next time. You can 100% avoid every piece of damage in that dungeon if you just stay behind the bosses.
  • voidy wrote: »
    You can 100% avoid every piece of damage in that dungeon if you just stay behind the bosses.

There is no time to avoid, bosses die so quickly

• Sorry you had a bad experience =/
    The non elitist, non condescending answer is make sure to bring a healer.
    I asked my guild who else needed it and I got many replies to make sure to bring a healer and the more you do it, the easier it gets.
    Good luck.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    I did yesterday in 5min the full dungeon. Its even easier than when was released.

You dont need healer on rg since there are hp flowers that recover your hp.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ketoth wrote: »
    I did yesterday in 5min the full dungeon. Its even easier than when was released.

You dont need healer on rg since there are hp flowers that recover your hp.

This is also true. If you find yourself without a healer, hit the red flowers when they appear. Then at the final boss, break the divine pylon and you'll get a healer for the whole fight.
  • SoyKupoSoyKupo ✭✭✭
    On a sorc that was last in +12 misery weapon/belt and +12 guile transferring over to the new gear with no enchantments, I'm not getting 2-4 shot and I was the one with aggro 80% of the time.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you're the on/off type player that comes and goes and plays every now and then the more chill stuff then.
    In this regard I agree there should be some very, VERY easy dungeons to get used to the (dumb as heck) learning curve of TERA's end-game. Tho you will probably also agree they shouldn't be much more rewarding than just giving starter gear and these basics.
    I think KC - Kalivan's Challenge - is the dungeon you should be running for the more chill stuff to re-learn class and such. That's exactly what I did to get back on my feet yesterday. There isn't much chance of dying there, and when there is, the rest of the party can cover up. Remember tumbling and falling is part of learning as well.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only real important component of having a healer for RG is so they can debuff the defense buff off the bosses

but like what was said before me they actually made RG easier than it used to be, the first boss for example lacks a particularly annoying phase it used to have. every single run of it i've had has been cake on a channelworks level.

still prettier than CW though so hey not complaining