[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Earning gold?

How do you earn gold now in this game? i do dungeons but there is a limit on the number of times i can do them a day.

Comments

• IOD.. Vanguard dallies. That's about it.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    you wait for events, mostly B)
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm Ravenous Gorge 4 times a day. Easy 2.4k gold
  • do 16x iod then switch character do it again
  • do 16x iod then switch character do it again

16x iod? what is that?
  • 16 IoD VG missions, change character (if you have it), another 16 IoD VG missions, then change again to another character.. and so on.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    16 IoD VG missions, change character (if you have it), another 16 IoD VG missions, then change again to another character.. and so on.

Seriously, I must have a really low threshold for grind compared to some people. The mere IDEA of 16x IoD BAMs makes me want to scream.

To those of you who can do that, and remain cheerful, those of you who are still having fun at VG # 16--hats off to ya. Seriously, YOU have EARNED that gold.

Me? Never make it.

Which is why I am still poor, I guess. :lol:
  • Catservant wrote: »
    16 IoD VG missions, change character (if you have it), another 16 IoD VG missions, then change again to another character.. and so on.

Seriously, I must have a really low threshold for grind compared to some people. The mere IDEA of 16x IoD BAMs makes me want to scream.

To those of you who can do that, and remain cheerful, those of you who are still having fun at VG # 16--hats off to ya. Seriously, YOU have EARNED that gold.

Me? Never make it.

Which is why I am still poor, I guess. :lol:

Meh, you can't do high BAM multiple times on one character, and it's the only ones giving decent gold, so no big loss anyway. But yeah, I used to be able to do IoD BAMs quite a few times while helping guildies with them. Not anymore, I'm sick of those, I can barely do 1 of each now.
  • People who do 16x on multiple characters have no life...jesus. Reminds me why I left last patch, feels like a chore just to earn golds. I think this patch, I'll just stick to crafting and leave the gears as it is.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    IoD is not worth spamming anymore. no more feedstock to sell and gold rewards are too low. RG will give you almost 4x gold then mid bams which are repeatable and it takes a little bit more time. you can't spam it 16x, but you can do 8 per toon. also do 8x SF and you get nearly 10k per toon a day.
  • LYC14LYC14 ✭✭✭
    Spam mid tier IOD BAMs for each character, as well as low and mid tier dungeons. Sell crafted materials required for enchanting in alchemy, weaponcrafting and armorcrafting.
  • NicknaNickna ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    So let me get this math right...

Each low-tier iod gives 7 talents. I do that 16 times to get 112 talents. Each talent on MT atm is 68 gold. I make 7616 gold (if I don't enchant my gears and sell...), that's not including vanguards and dungeons, because iod quests will eat that up. Even if I no-life it and spend all day farming on multiple characters, the sum is not much.

Farming IOD hardly seems like a viable solution to "earning gold". I don't know if it's just me or what, but considering costumes cost 200k+, spamming IOD doesn't seem fair or worth. Am I wrong?
  • Nickna wrote: »
    So let me get this math right...

Each low-tier iod gives 7 talents. I do that 16 times to get 112 talents. Each talent on MT atm is 68 gold. I make 7616 gold (if I don't enchant my gears and sell...), that's not including vanguards and dungeons, because iod quests will eat that up. Even if I no-life it and spend all day farming on multiple characters, the sum is not much.

Farming IOD hardly seems like a viable solution to "earning gold". I don't know if it's just me or what, but considering costumes cost 200k+, spamming IOD doesn't seem fair or worth. Am I wrong?
    It gives 14, because each low tier gives 2 of the chests.

So according to your prices on MT, that would be 15,323.

That's not half bad, actually.

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is not just doing IOD, I don't spam anything and I make enough gold to get new stuff for my chars :D in NA Tera you gotta be around for events, and also be patient with gearing. I don't spend much gold to gear up my chars, I let each of them farm they need to gear up.
  • Ves1978 wrote: »
    IoD is not worth spamming anymore. no more feedstock to sell and gold rewards are too low. RG will give you almost 4x gold then mid bams which are repeatable and it takes a little bit more time. you can't spam it 16x, but you can do 8 per toon. also do 8x SF and you get nearly 10k per toon a day.

sf? whats that?