[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

iLvl Requirement for FWC.

Comments

• ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Chsalia wrote: »
    Does anyone have a screenshot of the new EQ gear stats? Haven't been able to get FW to pop.

How good the set is will determine if the ilvl is appropriate.

Noooooooooo, I don't believe you, some people here in forums said that uneq FWC were going to be a boom and will bring tons of PvPers.

Don't tell me now that is because they "don't have gear" because FWC is not poping up?

I wonder where are those guys saying that some weeks ago?

??

I'm not one of those people. I have always argued that non-eq would be bad for FW.

You can easily go through my past comments and see my stance.

I'm just asking for what stats are on the eq gear because I've already accepted the unfortunate fact that we have to live with non-eq.
  • ElinerdElinerd ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    The EQ gear is tanky as hell in group fights and due to the new dynamics of un-EQ FWC it's pretty hard to focus one person. So you probably won't feel bullied by someone using their own year. And getting kills is more a matter of what class you are than what gear you have, at least as a +7 449 valk I feel like that after playing about a dozen matches. I do feel more dangerous and protected than the EQ players but I also don't have a QF brooch so pls stop complaining because I'm really jealous of you supposedly destitute EQ people.

I also took note of several EQ players with much better KDA's than same-class un-EQ players. Which to me is a good sign.

Lowing the item level requirement also probably wouldn't do you that much good if any, I was hitting full +15/+2 people harder in duels than I was in FWC. Not to mention the ridiculous crit resist the EQ gear provides. I'd also like to add in that it's not terribly hard to get 449 -- If you dedicate yourself to it for the next month of FWC being essentially dead, I'm sure 449 is a number that'll be behind you. Unless you're really really lazy or unlucky.
  • ILVL446 would be the best way to go, since many players had behemoth, ambush and dw pieces; the have descreased the item level for un FWC in the past, when it was 416 to 411; so i dont see the problem.
    People who says that 448 + is the best is cuz they had a lot of mats or plenty of free time to get to 448+ in a few days.
    Eventually ppl will get their item level to 448+ but by the time would be like when geared ppl where doing the carry while the rest had to suck a [filtered].
  • You need 449 item level apparently. 448 will still be in EQ gear (which is very close to a SC+2 set plus Daylight jewelry, which gets you that 448 in the first place.)
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    If a majority of players are all under ilvl 448 than a majority of players are going to have equalized gear which means equalized BGs. That isn't the issue as to why BGs aren't popping. Has nothing to do with equalized or unequalized and everything to do with EME not knowing how to actually manage a game and its communities needs.

@Spacecats and @Halrath

You are literally living up to Einsteins definition of insanity. You have been giving us the same thing, same rewards per gear patch and expecting different results. You ask the community for ideas on how to improve BG pops and get more people into PvP. But you didn't want to hear about rewards which is what everyone suggested. EVERYONE agreed on that. People that want EQ and people that want Unequalized all agreed that the rewards for the BGs are horrible.

Why then are you going to squander this. People are coming back to the game. I saw a ton of people at VO last night that I hadn't seen in months. They were trying to queue FWC, but couldn't because nobody wants to spend that long in a BG to get nothing. So and this is a direct quote from one of those returning players from a year+ of not having logged into TERA (on answering my question if they were coming back to TERA) "No, BGs are dead I thought I would be able to come back and queue old Unequalized FWC, but nobody is doing it."

You are going to lose these players again, waiting a month before you make changes. That is the most asinine thing I have heard in a long [filtered] time.
  • DIONIDIONI ✭✭✭
    Actually FWC rewards are good.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    DIONI wrote: »
    Actually FWC rewards are good.

Only a win. Now what is you lose? You've wasted 20 minutes of your time in game, plus whatever you were in Q for.

If they don't make a GOOD balance for rewards on wins and losses. It's going to be VERY hard to make people want to play it when you can go into a dungeon and get 10x better rewards, know what you're getting for your time and it's GUARANTEED.
  • ArnetraArnetra ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    There is no point in lowering the ilevel requirement, the EQ gear is very good, especially compared to the old gear from what I've seen, didn't get too good a look at it, I will maybe try to later to fully check it out but I was queuing on my main with own gear earlier so I didn't get a too much of a chance earlier. If you lower the requirement you will just be getting worse gear than the EQ gear.

Some points about the EQ gear: It has a usable (quatrefoil?) brooch, it has a chest top line that seems to be good for most classes (Kaias CD for priest if I saw correctly), and it has TOP tier, not high tier jewelry, so the jewelry is literally better than anything anyone in own gear has at the moment. If you're wondering, the top tier jewelry has 6 extra points of pvp defense over high tier which gives 5% damage reduction which is not affected by diminishing returns, so I wouldn't be surprised if EQ people are tankier than non EQ right now, definitely compared to any non-EQ who don't have pvp defense on their jewelry.

Also regarding the rewards, its 6 boxes for a victory, 1 box for a loss. Rank 1 points gets 70 metamorphics, rank 2 gets 50, rank 3 30, so the ranking rewards are garbage, they probably were not updated from KTera's numbers to reflect the value of metamorphics here, but the regular rewards are not bad, I may post a thread of the rewards I've gotten to give an idea. But this is kind of off topic.

There's also a discord that's been organizing people to queue, today they will start queueing at 3:30pm server time if i recall correctly, so you can try queuing then and judge for yourself.
  • Arnetra wrote: »
    There is no point in lowering the ilevel requirement, the EQ gear is very good, especially compared to the old gear from what I've seen, didn't get too good a look at it, I will maybe try to later to fully check it out but I was queuing on my main with own gear earlier so I didn't get a too much of a chance earlier. If you lower the requirement you will just be getting worse gear than the EQ gear.

Some points about the EQ gear: It has a usable (quatrefoil?) brooch, it has a chest top line that seems to be good for most classes (Kaias CD for priest if I saw correctly), and it has TOP tier, not high tier jewelry, so the jewelry is literally better than anything anyone in own gear has at the moment. If you're wondering, the top tier jewelry has 6 extra points of pvp defense over high tier which gives 5% damage reduction which is not affected by diminishing returns, so I wouldn't be surprised if EQ people are tankier than non EQ right now, definitely compared to any non-EQ who don't have pvp defense on their jewelry.

Also regarding the rewards, its 6 boxes for a victory, 1 box for a loss. Rank 1 points gets 70 metamorphics, rank 2 gets 50, rank 3 30, so the ranking rewards are garbage, they probably were not updated from KTera's numbers to reflect the value of metamorphics here, but the regular rewards are not bad, I may post a thread of the rewards I've gotten to give an idea. But this is kind of off topic.

There's also a discord that's been organizing people to queue, today they will start queueing at 3:30pm server time if i recall correctly, so you can try queuing then and judge for yourself.

Pretty much this. EQ gear right now is probably the best out of every past implementation of it.
  • Can we fast forward this patch to where it'll be uneq premade teams kicking those using equalized gear for a free win @Spacecats
  • @Kavy Unequalized premade teams are very nice and caring people who would love to help out the equalized newer players trying battlegrounds.

• the eq gear is decent damage and tankiness-wise, its just a shame we have all the broken stuff uneq brings back like triple cdr healers and reapers. 2 uneq priests with triple cdr cleansing each other can literally carry a game to the point where the eq team stands zero chance at killing anyone besides a random br or 2 with crap crystals on.

some classes get shafted on eq gear too. archer's eq gear is absolutely garbage.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    Ranran wrote: »
    its just a shame we have all the broken stuff uneq brings back like triple cdr healers and reapers.
  • I think they r assuming VM9.5 +15 is directly converted not vm9
    But now I finally have 449 I want to keep it that way. XD
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

Ranran wrote: »
    the eq gear is decent damage and tankiness-wise, its just a shame we have all the broken stuff uneq brings back like triple cdr healers and reapers. 2 uneq priests with triple cdr cleansing each other can literally carry a game to the point where the eq team stands zero chance at killing anyone besides a random br or 2 with crap crystals on.

some classes get shafted on eq gear too. archer's eq gear is absolutely garbage.

The new fwc meta is pyre > bams > kills... for the most part.

I have won countless games where the other team was better geared/pvpers. You can come back from a huge point gap just from pyres and bams.