2. Archdevan Catalyst
  3. Polished Arunic Ore
  4. Archdevan Oil
  5. Liquid Metal
  6. Hypnotic Device
  7. Archdevan Surfactant
  8. Metal Fragment
  9. Refined Elixir

Instead, buy masterwork alkahest, or any other item that converts 1 Entropic into 12 Metamorphics, then spend those Metamorphics on the item you want.

Explanation:

Say you've got 1000 Entropic Emblems and want to buy Wood Scraps with them. Wood Scraps cost 10 Entropics each, so you can get 100 of them with your tokens, right? But say you bought 1000 MWA instead. You can convert that MWA into 12000 Metamorphics, since each MWA converts to 12 Metamorphics. Wood Scraps cost 30 tokens in the Metamorphic shop, so you can buy 12000/30=400 Wood Scraps this way. So for the same initial 1000 entropics, you end up getting 4x as many Wood Scraps by first converting the tokens to metamorphics through MWA, then buying the Wood Scraps. The same is true for the other above listed items, you can get 2x as many or more of them buy using the method described above.

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the note, I also noticed that when tried to upgrade my alts jewel sets.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I thought it was 10 entropics to buy one mwa, not 1 entropic to buy 1 mwa lol

Edit: oh I see EME must have changed it because of all the people complaining about only getting 1 entropic for their old mwa but they didn't change any of the other prices.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice note. I figured from day 1 wood scraps were not worth buying tho, i got like 200 of em without even doing any effort.
  • Probably not something that should've been slapped on the forums, though. Appreciate it, but now they'll probably quickly try to patch that.
  • TrialMacameauTrialMacameau Does it matter ? cuz DDOSing is a crime punishable of Prison ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I would keep the MWA for when you're gonna play another class :P Gotta +12 it now so we can keep it more longer
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Very nice note. I figured from day 1 wood scraps were not worth buying tho, i got like 200 of em without even doing any effort.

These Wood Scraps drops anyway so yeah not worth buying them :P
  • The whole patch is a mess with the token prices and rewards. One thing you should also not buy is the Entropic emblem box for 200 vg credits, because it gives 16 emblems (plus 1 old stinky crux), that's half a golden talent worth 100g or so right now, so you're turning 200 vg credits into 50g, while you could buy a niveot with 400 credits worth at least 500g or more. It's funny how an IoD teralith quest gives you 2 bags with the equivalent of like 300 entropic emblems (3 gold talents + random mat) combined with 140 vg credits (if elite) worth less than those 16 emblems if you buy that box.
  • Honestly you probably shouldn't be spending Entropic Emblems on anything besides talents, because they are the only thing not in both shops.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    > @66ECX7NAN7 said:
    > I thought it was 10 entropics to buy one mwa, not 1 entropic to buy 1 mwa lol
    >
    > Edit: oh I see EME must have changed it because of all the people complaining about only getting 1 entropic for their old mwa but they didn't change any of the other prices.

Was never changed, people are so skeptical due to test servers not reflecting the prices.

Mats of existing items that should be exchanged due to a bug on their end will always be 1:1 ratio because they shouldnt be shortchanging your effort (especially people who stocked up full stacks of mats)
  • FoolishTruthsFoolishTruths ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    DreamMT wrote: »
    Honestly you probably shouldn't be spending Entropic Emblems on anything besides talents, because they are the only thing not in both shops.

NOPE NOPE NOPE!!
    It's true they are only in Entropic shop BUT you get a TON of Golden talents from vanguard requests or dungeons. Silver talents on the other hand, are more rare but also easily farmable from dungeons or celestial arena. Therefore, spending entropics on talents is a WASTE.

The only things NOT FARMABLE are the Crafting materials and some consumables, everything else can be farmed and has a source.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    DreamMT wrote: »
    Honestly you probably shouldn't be spending Entropic Emblems on anything besides talents, because they are the only thing not in both shops.

NOPE NOPE NOPE!!
    It's true they are only in Entropic shop BUT you get a TON of Golden talents from vanguard requests or dungeons. Silver talents on the other hand, are more rare but also easily farmable from dungeons or celestial arena. Therefore, spending entropics on talents is a WASTE.

The only things NOT FARMABLE are the Crafting materials and some consumables, everything else can be farmed and has a source.

You get all the consumables from Elite. The only thing you should be spending your emblems are on new gear. Everything else would be a waste of them. Even the non-tradeable mats are a "waste" if you're going to go for +9 Stormcry since you'll get all the non-tradeable mats while farming for Elemental Essences.
  • Thanks for your help. All of the comments were helpful!
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    The necro lord strikes again
This discussion has been closed.