[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Crafting Recipes for new materials are TOO EXPENSIVE

I know is only been one day since the patch was released and I've been looking all over the place to figure out the best way to reach top tier gear. it has come to my attention that Golden Darics and Golden plates, as well as Silver Siglo and Silver Plates can only be obtained trough crafting, which is already expensive to upgrade to the higher levels (at least it was prior to patch. I already have master on all disciplines for this patch). but the recipes to craft these items are EXTREMELY expensive to buy from the NPC. the recipes for golden darics and silver siglos are 50k each and the higher materials are 100k each. granted I do understand you only have to buy these once and then you can make as many as you need. but I feel this price tag is overwhelming specially for new players. these recipes would set back players 100k gold to get frostmetal which is already expensive to enchant. and over 200k for top tier gear. there are also the recipes needed to refine jewels which also have a very high price tag

So here are a few of my questions for the EME staff (or any player that can answer them)

1) why are these so high? is ridiculous
2) do the recipes drop in dungeons as an alternative means of getting them? if so how rare?
3) is there a way to adjust the price to make it more fair? lets say 10k for the first tier and 20k for the second one? not everone is got a rich uncle to give them
gold for their crafting needs.
4) do these materials drop anywhere else? so far the tool tip on them indicates they can only be obtained trough crafting.
5) if this is the intended price for this region, how is a player meant to profit on this new system enough to be able to raise this type of gold. the reward from dungeons and vanguards seems insignificant when comparing the prices required to advance
6) when new gear is release, will new higher tier materials be needed to enchant the new gear which requires the purchase of a more expensive recipe? or is this an investment one can expect to at least last the player a really long time? (at least 2 or more season) the only time I've had to spend that kind of gold on something is either a brooch or underwear that lasts for a very long time for the player.

@Spacecats Please shed some light on this issue for us. unless I've made a mistake and got this information completely wrong.

Comments

• It's intentional and really don't see anything wrong with it. You get so much gold from just doing dailies and playing the game. that 50k is nothing.

It's such a good buy in too. I've made over 600k profit crafting golden darics..

The investment is worth it and it makes crafting not dead. I will be disappointed if the price lowers. Saving your gold up isn't hard to do.
  • Alright I'll keep that in mind then. thank you
  • Primmyyy wrote: »
    It's intentional and really don't see anything wrong with it. You get so much gold from just doing dailies and playing the game. that 50k is nothing.

It's such a good buy in too. I've made over 600k profit crafting golden darics..

The investment is worth it and it makes crafting not dead. I will be disappointed if the price lowers. Saving your gold up isn't hard to do.

Okay but you are one person...Many people struggle to make actual gold in this game and especially now when you need gold to enchant everything and especially when you don't always succeed in echanting. Its gold wasted. Yes, to have high end gear you gotta work for it. Its always been that way but having one recipe be 53k when it is only worth 10 gold on the broker is kinda crazy. At least make the recipe like I don't know. 30k at most. Also, I don't see why lowering recipe price would hurt crafting. Its good! More people will wanna craft if the materials are obtainable. I would love to be able to craft again but like a lot of people, we just don't have the gold to do it.
    Why does a recipe for a mat have to cost 53k? I don't think a recipe for a mat has ever been so high.
    I just really hope this will all be worth it in the long run.
    Happy crafting and good job on 600k. Like wow XD I've never had that much gold before. So good on you~!
  • if they change it i hope they refund all the gold i used buying every recipe!
  • if they change it i hope they refund all the gold i used buying every recipe!

I am unsure if they would give the players gold for the refund..But knowing EME they will probably do an event to give out tokens or something to make up for it. (If they were to change it)
  • No point in really changing it since if you'd bought them within the first few days you could have easily made back your investment and some. On top of that you're earning like 1k per vanguard so 100k for the top tier crafting design isn't really that much.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    Also, I don't see why lowering recipe price would hurt crafting.
    Because "reviving crafting" means "only a small amount of people need to be able to craft the good stuff so they can sell it for large sums and get good profit off it". The more people craft the less valuable it will be, you can't have it both ways, I'm guessing most people don't know what it truly means.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    1) why are these so high? is ridiculous
    Because BHS
    2) do the recipes drop in dungeons as an alternative means of getting them? if so how rare?
    Yes. Super rare
    3) is there a way to adjust the price to make it more fair?
    K TERA players were able to cope with it, even new players, ie. me
    4) do these materials drop anywhere else? so far the tool tip on them indicates they can only be obtained trough crafting.
    Golden Talents are base material
    5) if this is the intended price for this region, how is a player meant to profit on this new system enough to be able to raise this type of gold.
    I believe that's a question- all regions got the same price for recipe
    6) when new gear is release, will new higher tier materials be needed to enchant the new gear which requires the purchase of a more expensive recipe?
    There is yet to be future content in K TERA at the moment. you're asking something even the developers might not have a solid clue on what to do next other than sell s.e.x via male Brawler. can i say [filtered]? [filtered]

Edit: Nevermind word got filtered
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Buy the darics/plates on broker if you don't want to pay for the designs.
  • or make more lv65 ...
  • they should make it more expensive
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Asking to do top tier gear on day 1 but wanting it not to be expensive is nonsensical at best. I remember when people were dropping over a million gold to get full +15 VM gear early on in each patch.

"Top Tier" is not intended for early-on players... at all. Ever. Any half-self-respecting RPG knows there are different tiers of markets for different tiers of players. You're looking at the very top and you see that bright and shiny thing you want, but the reality of it is, that bright & shiny costs a ton of gold because right now, there are players with hundreds of millions of gold in the bank that needs to be removed from the game.

As it is, yes gear in this patch is going to be hella expensive to upgrade... but if you ask me, that's okay because while it takes a lot of material and time to upgrade, a lot of the randomness and RNG has been rightfully disemboweled from this game with a vengeance. And that in itself makes this perfectly fine in my opinion.

I'd rather grind three weeks for 50k gold and a guarantee to get what I want, than to grind three weeks for a handful of chances to maybe get what I want.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    Jerichow wrote: »
    I'd rather grind three weeks for 50k gold and a guarantee to get what I want, than to grind three weeks for a handful of chances to maybe get what I want.
    Which game are you talking?
    Maybe it's not Tera..
    Cuz afaik, there's still a lot of RNG on this game...

Old gearing system: 6.5% success chance but every try was cheap.
    Now for top tier: ~22% + X% chance, where X is your bonus, where if you put like 12 hr/day (i.e: serious hard work for serious virtual stuff..) maybe you can raise to +20% better chance..
    Each try is much much more expensive now, multiple failures is not a option for most ppl, if you fail like 5x on an upgrade from frost+9 to storm+0 (that's very far from BIS, i.e: storm+9) that's ~60K gold down the drain....

No RNG/guaranted stuff =100% success rate with fixed costs and that's not true for high/top tier stuff, you can grind 12 Hr/day and cap gear exp (maybe on like 60%? idk...) and you can still fail a lot....

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dvsv you forgot to mention that Stormcy in its higher levels has lower chance of success than 6.5%
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    With full item xp Stormcry gains +15% success rate.