Watch the En Masse Entertainment stream right here at 2pm PDT!

BGs are dead! Spacemeows, halp!

Comments

• KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    > @ElinUsagi said:
    > Everything is ok.
    >
    > Tons of PvPers came back to the game because FWC is uneq.

You're forgetting it is now one year since fwc went eq.
    Quite a few people have moved onto other games that would of came back, but now have invested time and money elsewhere.

Not to mention a full year of ping spiking, packet loss, lag and zero real optimization (this will always be the killer in PvP)

They did this much too late.

Edit To add:
    - Zero mana Regen now in fwc which is just odd for a mass PvP scenario imo. Either lets us use mana pots or add in a nostrum of some sort to address that.
    - Uneq is locked behind a 448 (so 449) ilvl requirement. Full +2 stormcry + full set of new PvP jewelery brings most to 446/447. It is still locked behind a PvE grindwall for most players. The ilvl needs to be lowered.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    Koikoi wrote: »
    Quite a few people have moved onto other games that would of came back, but now have invested time and money elsewhere.
    See? This is the exact underlying problem with uneq (in general). "Invested time and money" is no issue for eq since they can come back and... have fun instantly.
    - Zero mana Regen now in fwc
    Because it's uneq. Only EQ gear used to have it (not anymore, to keep it "worse" than uneq gear obviously).
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    > Koikoi wrote: »
    >
    > - Zero mana Regen now in fwc
    >
    >
    >
    > Because it's uneq. Only EQ gear used to have it (not anymore, to keep it "worse" than uneq gear obviously).

Never had this issue before in unequalizing fwc due to... Charms!

The eq we just had last patch had mana Regen on gear, IIRC
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digivolve wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Now, you have your UNEQ FWC, Where are those tons of players that you people promised?

Bringing back uneq FWC and locking it behind a PvE grindwall is not what brings PvPers back, starting to think they took the idea from BnS 6v6. Previously mid tier gear was sufficient to not be stuck with trash equalized gear, when dreadnaught had PvP stats stapled on it - no one needed power hours. As it is now 448 ilvl will be out of majority of PvPers reach for a very long time.

Yes, as most of BiS are, many PvPers don't want to have to deal to cancerous grind and everyone knew that new system was going to be more grindy to get top gear. I myself said that dreadnaught days were better and dreadgnauth gear was the last PvP gear with better PvP stats for those who didnt have the time to farm BiS or Conflate. I don't know why BHS decided to stop that idea from mid tier gear.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    They did this much too late.

Edit To add:
    - Zero mana Regen now in fwc which is just odd for a mass PvP scenario imo. Either lets us use mana pots or add in a nostrum of some sort to address that.
    - Uneq is locked behind a 448 (so 449) ilvl requirement. Full +2 stormcry + full set of new PvP jewelery brings most to 446/447. It is still locked behind a PvE grindwall for most players. The ilvl needs to be lowered.

Yes, they did and that was why I have been arguing about BHS/EME should give PvPers a real option to get geared throught BGs or PvP content same way PvErs can, this patch you can be even a solo PvE player and get BiS in less than a month from scratch but being a solo PvPer will never get you to that before the new gear arrives.

Mana regen would be a nice addition to BGs.

Full stormcry +2 + full set of new PvP jewellery + quatrefoil brooch + superior inners + superior circlet should help to reach the ilvl needed. For the sake of PvP content ilevel should be lowered to Frostmetal base ilvl, however I haven't dueled vs people in Frosmetal so I can't tell how much of a disadvange they have against a Stormcry player, the only thing I can tell you is, damn, a Stormcry +7 can easily done a Stormcry +4 if both have the same skills PvP wise so I expect Frostmetal be like butter and Stormcry like a hot knife against it.

If PvEers love to grind mindlessly let them be but PvPers shouldnt be forced to do the same as PvEers to reach a competitive level, I didn't have the oportunity to see how bad or good is the EQ in this patch because BG don't pop up at all, it doesnt matter if I have what I can play with my farmed gear in BGs when no one is queving because they don't like the unfairness it was brought in this new system.

Now the only thing that EME can do is to make rewards on BGs at least the same as mid tier dungeons have, and create a rgn jackpot for mats to help in progress your gear till Stormcry.

Lets see what happens next month but I don't think this get better in that short amount of time.
  • The jackpots were stopped because the rewards were balanced out for the old gear system. Now that the new materials are out there and people are dismantling and enchanting their new stuff, the TERA crew is going to wait before just blindly continuing the old system with updated rewards.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    The jackpots were stopped because the rewards were balanced out for the old gear system. Now that the new materials are out there and people are dismantling and enchanting their new stuff, the TERA crew is going to wait before just blindly continuing the old system with updated rewards.

I mean you could do something small like a few metamorphic emblems along with a specific bg for the day so people are directed to queue. (Especially considering that TERA Loyalty Reward shop update with meta emblems, which was awful and unbalanced btw. Was that blindly or did the Korean overlords decide that?)
  • @Spacecats the first two days of the patch not a single battleground popped. It took tons of spamming in global chat and discord to get fraywind canyon to pop. Even still, battlegrounds are popping less than they used to and not every one is popping, only fraywind so far. We don't necessarily even need good rewards but simply the "organization" of the old system. We need someone to say "Hey queue this battleground on this day" so things stay organized.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Edit To add:

So mana crystals are actually good for something now?
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    The only battlegrounds with decent Vanguard's this patch are:
    Fraywind
    Corsairs

Gridiron and 3s lack anything worthwhile.

@Spacecats @Halrath

Please look at the daily vgs for the 4 battlegrounds and look at the huge desperancy. Was this really intended?

If so, it basically kills the base reason to do gridiron or 3s.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    If so, it basically kills the base reason to do gridiron or 3s.
    This has always been the case everytime we got Korean patch rewards (i.e. not altered). BHS's favoritism towards these 2 (and sometimes FWC especially) is plain as day. [filtered].
  • Digivolve wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Now, you have your UNEQ FWC, Where are those tons of players that you people promised?

Bringing back uneq FWC and locking it behind a PvE grindwall is not what brings PvPers back, starting to think they took the idea from BnS 6v6. Previously mid tier gear was sufficient to not be stuck with trash equalized gear, when dreadnaught had PvP stats stapled on it - no one needed power hours. As it is now 448 ilvl will be out of majority of PvPers reach for a very long time.

I am 447, so sad.
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    The jackpots were stopped because the rewards were balanced out for the old gear system. Now that the new materials are out there and people are dismantling and enchanting their new stuff, the TERA crew is going to wait before just blindly continuing the old system with updated rewards.
    can you put worthy rewards in kumas royale and make it 20-65 as before? thank you
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I was told that even with 448, you still get EQ gear in FWC. So unless you had two +15 Oblit pieces before upgrading, you won't be able to use your own gear in FWC. 8(