Things that are absurd in this new gear progression system.

Even when people says this system is better than the one before, I have to agree is better about enchanting gear, there is something really absurd in it and that is the cost to upgrade frostmetal belt and daylight accesories.

If we make comparison between gear and these is really absurd the diference in cost per try. Cost to enchant stormcry gear is 120k max per try and your gear exp bonus is fast to get compared to the accesories and belt. Cost for those are about 300k per try and to get 10% bonus from exp you need 80k exp points, also the mats needed tp upgrade them are rare and you could not get them even running RK9 or TRH.

You get 400 exp points per HM run, that means you need to do 200 runs to fill the exp bar and get the max % bonus, also if you consider that you will get 10% base + 10% extra that means you will have 20% chance of succes or in other words, 80% chance of failure, you will need 10 failures to reach an even field on succes and failure and you can still fail.

All this means that you could spend more than 3 million gold worth on mats to upgrade a simple belt, a simple ring, a simple earring, a simple necklace, a simple circlet and you can still fail on each of those.

If you make maths you can see this is about 21 million gold on these accesories to reach a 50% chance of success.

I want to know where does this make any sense when with all of that gold you can pretty much gear all your alts in stormcry letting the accesories to be just in frostmetal.
«13456

Comments

  • It makes more sense if your math wasn't wrong
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Primmyyy wrote: »
    It makes more sense if your math wasn't wrong

    Then that proves that you dont have stormcry and you dont have daylight accesories either.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Primmyyy wrote: »
    It makes more sense if your math wasn't wrong

    Then that proves that you dont have stormcry and you dont have daylight accesories either.

    Aaaa, no, it proves that he looked at his Daylight stuff and asked "where on Earth do you see 300k per try?!" You can't just throw numbers around and then, when somebody challenges those numbers, just say "lol, noob".
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Screenshots of all this math would be nice so people aren't calling you out for doing the math wrong.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's elin usagi. Just ignore.

    2 weeks ago "best patch ever, only no life cheaters will hate it."

    Now: "This patch sucks, it's impossible."
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's elin usagi. Just ignore.

    2 weeks ago "best patch ever, only no life cheaters will hate it."

    Now: "This patch sucks, it's impossible."

    I kinda thought this topic was going to be about actual "absurd" things. Like how you cannot upgrade a purifying brooch but have to instead go through quickcarve. Or how you can't actually pick what type of brooch to get from the quest and start upgrading. Or how "lol what" healer weapons are. Or how rings are still only crit or power. Or how PoP requires the same ilvl as TR HM. You know, that kinda stuff.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    Screenshots of all this math would be nice so people aren't calling you out for doing the math wrong.

    ZsHim1T.jpg

    I make an average on cost per try based on prices on broker and they are not so diferent in all the servers.

    Costs could differe a little and change per day.

    Silver plate 4k each.
    Diamonds 15k each.

    If broker is flooded with them then they can be low as 3k per silver plate and 12k per diamond.

    The exp in that necklace is 10% base exp, 2% emporium and 0.87% from item exp to a max of 10% when you get 80k exp.

    So making these numbers per try you will need 68 silver plates worth 192k-272k, 2 diamonds worth 24k-30k and you need to get really lucky to get the mats from RK9 or TRH because they cant be traded in entropic or metamorphic shops.

    You will nee 200 runs on hard mode dungeons to fill the exp to get that extra 10% increase on enchantment success and you will most likely fail several times.

    No need for me to answer to the other trolls as you can see they only star flame baiting agains others, also I naver said this patch is worst than the previous but pointing something really absurd comparing gear vs jewellery and accesories enchanting and upgrading.
  • it's like 5k at most for each try at getting daylight..
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    It's sucks that one can't have an alt for each, or at least 2 crafting masteries
  • you dont need stromcry +7

    full +0 is fine
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digivolve wrote: »
    It's sucks that one can't have an alt for each, or at least 2 crafting masteries

    I have 4 crafting masteries and what I am trying to get with this thread is that you most likely will gear all your alts with stormcry before you get 50% upgrade success on a daylight accesory or frostmetal belt, that will cost you about 2.1m-3m gold worth in mats.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    Screenshots of all this math would be nice so people aren't calling you out for doing the math wrong.

    ZsHim1T.jpg

    I make an average on cost per try based on prices on broker and they are not so diferent in all the servers.

    Costs could differe a little and change per day.

    Silver plate 4k each.
    Diamonds 15k each.

    If broker is flooded with them then they can be low as 3k per silver plate and 12k per diamond.

    Meanwhile. on MT, silver plates are down to 1.5k and still none sold. Diamonds are 12k or so. Your server is just expensive. I should move there and sell my stuff :open_mouth:
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    you dont need stromcry +7

    full +0 is fine

    Pls, this is not about having stormcry +7 but how absurd the cost to upgrade daylight accesories are.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    Screenshots of all this math would be nice so people aren't calling you out for doing the math wrong.

    ZsHim1T.jpg

    I make an average on cost per try based on prices on broker and they are not so diferent in all the servers.

    Costs could differe a little and change per day.

    Silver plate 4k each.
    Diamonds 15k each.

    If broker is flooded with them then they can be low as 3k per silver plate and 12k per diamond.

    Meanwhile. on MT, silver plates are down to 1.5k and still none sold. Diamonds are 12k or so. Your server is just expensive. I should move there and sell my stuff :open_mouth:

    If that is the way in MT at this moment then you should consider it, last time I checked prices there where above 3k each.
  • Really small difference for jewelry anyway, not worth the last upgrade imo
Sign In or Register to comment.