[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

Priest and Mystic player with new gear system .. how it effect me

Hello friends ,
this is all about from my point of view both healers. complain .. from me
I love Heals in TERA.
I play both.

I clearly know both class really well.. and my point of view NOW ... mystic is better .. sorry
If I want a chill heal i will play my mystic .. if I want intense press skills and spend more focus to enjoy play then Priest.
reason ? ; Priest has so much to do and press more than mystic to provide as same as party's dps mystic provide. / Mystic less skills powerful locks. stronger heal. fast. and doesnt even have to spend my eye look at debuff up time.

my 1st character was mystic 4 years ago with early tera as long as I remember ... and I struggle so hard to get into 5 man party. as everyone prefer a Priest over than mystic.

for example from an really old time.
only 10 man raid and 30 man raid need me. even I play really high end game content .. they still prefer priest ... super oldie dg like MANAYA CORE hardmode. ( hardest at that time )

So .. I love mystic but .. no one want me as much as Priest.
I start to switch to Priest and become main Priest .. cause every of my friends list asking for me to play Priest.

.. so on I kept being on demand as P ... but some patch mystic become better some priest is better.
So .. now I just play both of them I have both of them gears and play end game content ( im talking about VSH , HH ) from last patch.
since mystic not really always lose to Priest just mostly lose from time to time patch so I always keep that in mind .. I always gear my Priest a bit higher than mystic since then.

until this .... new gear patch system .... break my cycle.
I wanna just have one of my healer farm dg and once i have enough then i throw some stuffs on another healer so I could enjoy all content of both heals.
I always gear Priest more than Mystic .. as mystic is really mobility a bit lower gear is not a problem as I need to invest on some DPS and brawler to keep my whole account running and be able to farm IOD as healers cant do that.

and now ..
I cant have both healers do really high content having good gears as before cause it cost so much and need gears exp.
and having 2 healers main is really useless. i cant spam IOD as others does cause I cant gear 3 character. cause of new system gear is consume so much cost.
I have brawler and archer for farm but to .. gear 3 character ?? is really huge distracting to me I gotta play 24/7 for this.

I'm just .. sad right now I cant keep my both healers.
and.. now mystic is better I wanna play mystic but my Priest gear is a lot better and I have to gear exp that one 1st.
I wanna play mystic .. from time to time this is so much distracting to me.

RIP healers life....
they never balance this two... and I cant choose to be main only one im just sad..
cause they never balance .. and I always have to swtich to the one that better at time to time for what ever people demand for their party

Comments

• NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Priest are getting buffed. 5% CDR for party skills per ES cast. I think that's how it works.
  • 4XG4AWFJLC4XG4AWFJLC ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I probably have to choose one and give up another one this patch really annoying system :( I need brawler to gear IOD too .. i cant handle 30mins of IOD i need brawler to be a bit strong too.

maybe this new patch is good for others .. not for me ...

• Same :/ abandoned most of my healers and focusing only on one, trying to get a IoD alt to 439 for high tier BAMs but still not enough x.x I got time to do dailies only on 1 during weekdays, sometimes not even finishing all the 16 vanguards... can't imagine spamming dungeons on 2 healers as it would take double the time which I don't have :(
    edited October 2017
    CornishRex wrote: »
    I'm kinda stuck on my priest in stormcry +2 this patch but it's reaaaally easy to do mid tier iod/ghillieglade on her with dps rolls and crystals. Even high tier bams don't take more than 30 sec but it's better for me when I'm partied with someone for those.
    And all I know is that mystics are even better at solo dps so you could give it a try.
    But yes, gearing 2 healers is a "waste" this patch and doesn't pay out well because of how ridiculously grindy it is to get to 439.

yea this is the whole point of im trying to talk ...
    i only do GG for my both heals tho .. mystic.. mystic really fast on GG

look like fast but .. still dps faster :( for bam
    still prefer do bam with braw or dps it is much faster

my both healer now can do 439 as they re DW and Ambush before patch.

and i know how hard it is to get to 439 as all of my alt r lower than 439 except 2 healers and one archer that has DW bow before patch

also I wanna play RKHM in the future with both heals ..like VSH last patch it needs to be ready at 446 .. or even better
    this is just give me a cancer to have two healers :( 446 as it is so hard to get there .. - - *
    Do i really have to choose .. I love both of them
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Farmed basilisk on iod with mystic in dps gear for talents. Ran dungeons on priest first. Have +9 there.
    All you need is dps rolls( for mystic) at first to do iod. This can be rerolled with ses.
    Then, when you have geared priest spank some bas more to gather talents, while heal dungeons (yes in dps gear!its not hard really. to not fail use healing crystals)
    For me worked.

But i agree that the system is cancerous for healers.
  • I am focusing on my main anyway, my other 16 chars r now only them to provide utility
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    These complaints make no sense. Y'all claim you had multiple chars in good gear before the patch and now, suddenly, you can't have that. The only way that works is if before patch your "good gear" was misery/guile and now you want stormcry.
    edited October 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    These complaints make no sense. Y'all claim you had multiple chars in good gear before the patch and now, suddenly, you can't have that. The only way that works is if before patch your "good gear" was misery/guile and now you want stormcry.

what im talking is my Priest full DW before patch, my mystic full Ambush before patch , My archer Bow and hands DW before patch.
    Look like im in a pretty good shape but actually I cant keep gearing all this 3 this patch .. this is the problem to me. as It need so much gear exp 80k
    which force me to play only one character.

all ilvl is over 439 , but I want all to be able to go to 446 or even better ready for RKHM
    the problem is I have to choose one to get there cant be all of them and in my case ... I have two healers . and I want to play both of them in end game content like I use to be.

I think you re missing the point here
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    4XG4AWFJLC wrote: »

what im talking is my Priest full DW before patch, my mystic full Ambush before patch , My archer Bow and hands DW before patch.
    Look like im in a pretty good shape but actually I cant keep gearing all this 3 this patch .. this is the problem to me. as It need so much gear exp 80k

all ilvl is over 439 , but I want all to be able to go to 446 or even better ready for RKHM
    the problem is I have to choose one to get there cant be all of them and in my case ... I have two healers . and I want to play both of them in end game content like I use to be.

actually you are right, it is alot slower to gear this patch.

I recommend you to take it slowly. It is part of the plan behind the system. It is easier to gear (in aspect to less cancer RNG for midtier, but also more time consuming)
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Arwen wrote: »
    aeee98 wrote: »

actually you are right, it is alot slower to gear this patch.

I recommend you to take it slowly. It is part of the plan behind the system. It is easier to gear (in aspect to less cancer RNG for midtier, but also more time consuming)

Less cancer RNG?? I hope you are kidding!
    What kind of gear do you have? Only Twistshard provides 100% success on enchanting after gathering exp.
    When you get on frost you start to have 61% on +1,and more you raise more the chances of failure are bigger.
    On stormcry is obnoxious, the RNG is worse than on last patches, add to that the HUGE cost each failure brings on the table and you realise why the called it StormCRY.

We used to only have 5-ish% chance on +9-12. It feels easier on NA only because there was always floods of mats from NA. Try gearing in the past with only KR method (there isn't even MWA box in KTERA with the same 18% chance). I think the last time gearing was this slow was patches before Ambit.

When mats start to get more common from NA events (I am already expecting the upcoming Kyras to do something to the material obtain rate), you will start to see that actually this gearing patch is really way less rng dependent. You use less money overall (perspectively, it is impossible you use less money than prior to the patch due to the huge inflation of vanguard rewards), and you fail way less than you think.
  • I like this patch i main both healer and mystic with both ilvl 443 ;v; the grind for exp might be real but better then +15 i rather due this then endless grond of 1% chance of getting top tier gear i dont think one class is better then another by standard but they due have key assets that is favorable
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol, I actually have the opposite problem. My healers are bursting with gear xp cause nobody lets me not heal any dungeon and my sorc is sitting there in her +3 frostmetal trying to bully people into runs.
    edited October 2017

Lol, I actually have the opposite problem. My healers are bursting with gear xp cause nobody lets me not heal any dungeon and my sorc is sitting there in her +3 frostmetal trying to bully people into runs.

i assume you not a stormcry then once you hit you will get what i mean by trying to gear more than one character..

which is all of characters are my favorite

this patch is just not for that anymore

and gear two healers is not worth for any solo content . .. as this patch you need tons of amount of Golden talent
    edited October 2017
    Farmed basilisk on iod with mystic in dps gear for talents. Ran dungeons on priest first. Have +9 there.
    All you need is dps rolls( for mystic) at first to do iod. This can be rerolled with ses.
    Then, when you have geared priest spank some bas more to gather talents, while heal dungeons (yes in dps gear!its not hard really. to not fail use healing crystals)
    For me worked.

But i agree that the system is cancerous for healers.

thanks for advice tho I already decide to drop my mystic already after read your comment ..
    yeah this patch i cant keep up 2 healers .. I gotta give up one which mystic is better be the one as IOD is better on her

rip no more 2 healers for me
  • I agree as well, i main both healers, mystic has always been my preferred since beta though. I remember when a mystic literally could not get into a party, heck you rarely seen one back then since no one wanted ya around (kinda why i picked it lol). But now, i gave up gearing my priest and stuck with my mystic, as she is in +2 stormcry and my valk/brawler for IoD.