Does EME have full control or at least some control with our region's game content?

I was about to spend 10 billion years of my life writing a novel about my opinion and suggestions, but I started to wonder, does EME even have control over our version's game content? Like, are they able to tweak some changes for our region?

Thanks, my dudes.

If you're curious about the topic I had in mind, it's about the new update they did with the gears. I really like the general idea of most things, but I think the enchantment materials(mostly goldens and silvers) required and the gold required are "a little bit(lol)" overtuned and the current iLvl we get wearing these new gears doesn't match the performance of my character relative to the iLvl requirements of the dungeons in instance matching; i.e I feel way stronger than my iLvl.

Comments

• edited October 2017
    Generally speaking, the answer is no. All the game progression balance decisions are made by BHS for TERA worldwide.

There are some things they can tweak in terms of merchant contents and events. So it's possible that, eventually, if they feel the effort/reward balance is out of alignment, they might create events to ease supply constraints. But they've already said clearly that they don't plan to do anything over the short term and they want to wait a while for things to "settle" after this major change.
  • EME has no control. You can argue that they translate and test the builds before deployment, but players find bugs and translation errors more quickly than they do and BHS barely does bug fixes. They have like 3 people working on the game, that also work on the other EME games. They dedicate no time to understanding how the game works and it's mechanics. That's why events tend to suck and any attempt and feedback leads to nothing being done.
  • That's too bad.. oh well. Thanks again.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    BHS gives EME a build.

EME has a toolkit to change minor things in the build like drops (they can change IoD drops for example,) or to create battleground jackpots (the calendar/power hours,) or to create events (lootbox, kyra, mongo, peanut von strudel, double/triple drop etc.) They can edit the items in merchants/tokens.

They cannot fundamentally change the build. Including any bugs that have already been fixed in a previous ktera patch.

Which is why its entirely pointless for the front page of this forum to be littered with "nerf valk," or "buff aggro shout," or "give new rings 2% attack speed," or "change the ilvl" topics, because EME can't do any of that.
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    Generally speaking, the answer is no. All the game progression balance decisions are made by BHS for TERA worldwide.

There are some things they can tweak in terms of merchant contents and events. So it's possible that, eventually, if they feel the effort/reward balance is out of alignment, they might create events to ease supply constraints. But they've already said clearly that they don't plan to do anything over the short term and they want to wait a while for things to "settle" after this major change.

If that was actually true (regardless of what they say) then Japan, china, Europe and NA would all have the same client except for language.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    enmasse can spam mongo or shandra in velika ;)
  • edited October 2017
    Jenieve wrote: »

If that was actually true (regardless of what they say) then Japan, china, Europe and NA would all have the same client except for language.

More or less, they do, except for three things:

1. Each region has different backend systems and related backend integrations.
    2. Each region has some "carried-over" variations in the merchants governing reward systems.
    3. Some regions have "unique/experimental" systems that were not enabled in other regions (for example, K-TERA has their alternative currency and talents, NA-TERA has TERA Rewards, etc.) Elements of these systems do exist in the other builds, even if they're not enabled server-side.

The core game in all regions is the same (given the version number/build), but each region is still its own code branch because of these variations. But none of the regions (as far as I've seen) make changes to the "core game" -- at least, not anymore. That was part of the compromise made to reduce the lead time between K-TERA and the rest of the world.
  • and Im just like, can we get what Ktera have? just change language and boom ez
  • The control events, so if there is any problems they can fix them through events but they don't want to fix nothing.
  • edited October 2017
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    The control events, so if there is any problems they can fix them through events but they don't want to fix nothing.

Which problem? If it's about the supply of materials in the new patch, then you're right that they don't want to change the balance yet since the patch is still new and people are adjusting. Honestly, it's the prudent thing to do after such a big change. But they've definitely shown before that they're not afraid (to say the least) to give materials though events.

Otherwise, yeah, events could be an answer, but it depends on the problem.
  • nah they dont bhs controls everything