Heads Up to Anyone Leveling an Alt for the Event

Apparently, if you earn the boxes through doing dungeons while leveling, it will lock you out of OPENING them once you are out of that level range. I earned some boxes by doing BoL and hit 26, now they're useless. Tell me this is just a bug?

Comments

• LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    A few people and myself have had this too. Hit 25 in BoL, was like "ey I'll open my box later". Killed the last boss, leveled up, went to collect box from post. Aaaaaand shot through the heart.

The next few boxes have a bit more level range on them thankfully.
  • I also forgot I had a box in my mail for hitting 25... Well guess who just hit 30? xD
  • I've had that problem while leveling a character. A catalyst box that I've got from Golden Labyrinth (I believe it was the journeyman catalyst box), had the level cap of 50, while the instance itself is intended for players from levels 48 to 52, so after my second run, I couldn't open the reward boxes anymore being level 51. Please adjust the boxes so that their cap for opening is at least two levels higher than the instances where people get them.
  • Poor design. Submit a ticket.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    It says all over the event page you HAVE to open them while in that level range. It's been broadcasted all over the place, has nothing to do with poor design it has to do with people not paying attention.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    @Tenutos

This is by design and has happened during the last two (three?) Kyra's leveling events. Submitting a ticket isn't going to do anything but clog the support team up.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/introducing-kyra-s-pop-up-potion-shack

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/kyra-s-pop-up-potion-shack-is-back--2

If you go back and search in February's posts, you'll see people bringing the same thing up, and you'll see a Community Rep say it is by design.

It's unfortunate, but you'll live without a few catalysts, I'm sure.

----

@Jaly, there is definitely a point to be made about having the catalyst reward level be appropriate for the dungeon. You'll notice in the second link that they set the rewards for Bastion of Lok at 15-25, when you can't even enter until level 20... lol.

En Masse doesn't work on the weekends, so make a topic Monday morning about it.
  • It says all over the event page you HAVE to open them while in that level range. It's been broadcasted all over the place, has nothing to do with poor design it has to do with people not paying attention.

Because me having tier 9 rewards buddy up and elite making me jump instantly from 24 to 26 is legit me getting cucked by a poor design.
    A5RD576AP9 wrote: »
    It says all over the event page you HAVE to open them while in that level range. It's been broadcasted all over the place, has nothing to do with poor design it has to do with people not paying attention.

Because me having tier 9 rewards buddy up and elite making me jump instantly from 24 to 26 is legit me getting cucked by a poor design.

Has nothing to do with the design has to do with the player being a herpa derp. You already know before hand that it's going to make your level jump blame yourself not the game.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭

Has nothing to do with the design has to do with the player being a herpa derp. You already know before hand that it's going to make your level jump blame yourself not the game.

"It's by design but has nothing to do with the design". You smart good.
  • edited October 2017
    @Jaly, there is definitely a point to be made about having the catalyst reward level be appropriate for the dungeon. You'll notice in the second link that they set the rewards for Bastion of Lok at 15-25, when you can't even enter until level 20... lol.
    It's because the boxes weren't created for the dungeons, they just had a bunch of premade boxes for certain hard-coded level ranges (15-25, 26-35, 36-50, 51-60, 61-64). They put the one in that covers most of the dungeon's level range, but sometimes it's slightly off on the ends.

I guess the issue is whether these are boxes they can create themselves, or whether they just took something BHS already made and changed the name and contents. But in the meantime, people should at least be aware of what the ranges are so they can know if they're too close to the line.
  • Didn't get my box for hitting 30 and I'm almost out of range lol....
  • Tenutos wrote: »
    Didn't get my box for hitting 30 and I'm almost out of range lol....

This is a real edge case, but... did you happen to level another character of the same class on the same server past 30? In the past that also didn't work. Don't know if that's the case here. It may also be something else.
  • Tenutos wrote: »
    Didn't get my box for hitting 30 and I'm almost out of range lol....

This is a real edge case, but... did you happen to level another character of the same class on the same server past 30? In the past that also didn't work. Don't know if that's the case here. It may also be something else.

Ohhhh, yeah I did level another character.
  • FerriaFerria ✭✭✭
    Plsu open your boxes withint the level range O3O
    edited October 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »

"It's by design but has nothing to do with the design". You smart good.

Again if the players Aren't smart enough to read whats written all over the place its the players fault for being stupid L.O.L