[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Kyra’s Pop-Up Potion Shack without adventures around the world TERA?

2»

Comments

• tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Getting to level 65 is not really an arduous/burdensome task.
    yer I know getting to 65 isn't hard on two servers I have 7 out of 19 @ 65
    but why rush to end game ~ isn't the reason why they implemented this new patch/equipment was to slow things down
    so as I stated
    and I acknowledge there is a small way to get the cats whilst lvling
    but
    tisnotme wrote: »
    so the main part of this event is basically only for lvl 65 toons spamming doing IoD and certain dungeons and mainly not for the rest of the player base that can only get one cat per 5 lvls

• tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    i suppose i could have put it that to me adding an incentive to the standard situation to me is more an encouragement and less of an event as to me an event is aside the normal days grind not a carrot to do it
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Please no low tier 65 dungeons for catalyst. It's very easy to get high enough ilvl to do 3 stars, and low tier IoD BAMS are doable in Guardian +0. Everyone has access. New 65s have motivation to level their gear a little faster. BiS people have motivation to come back and run mid-tier dungeons also.

This works very well.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Also: Why not to make boxes with crystals that are already awarded bind to character? This would solve trouble of outlvling the box I think.
  • edited October 2017
    Also: Why not to make boxes with crystals that are already awarded bind to character? This would solve trouble of outlvling the box I think.

It wouldn't solve the problem of out leveling the box. The problem is having high level characters farming easy dungeons on repeat for fast catalysts. So even if it's bound to the character, that won't help. The only way to solve this problem, if they can solve it, is to create boxes with a level range that's more closely aligned to each dungeon, rather than generic tiers.

(They don't want to give the next tier box up, because again, they're trying to only reward people who do dungeons within their level range. The level ranges of the tiers above are too big.)
    > @counterpoint said:
    > StitchedSoul wrote: »
    >
    > Also: Why not to make boxes with crystals that are already awarded bind to character? This would solve trouble of outlvling the box I think.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It wouldn't solve the problem of out leveling the box. The problem is having high level characters farming easy dungeons on repeat for fast catalysts. So even if it's bound to the character, that won't help. The only way to solve this problem, if they can solve it, is to create boxes with a level range that's more closely aligned to each dungeon, rather than generic tiers.
    >
    > (They don't want to give the next tier box up, because again, they're trying to only reward people who do dungeons within their level range. The level ranges of the tiers above are too big.)

Yes I know about grindy high lvls. But what happens with boxes now has no any logical sense too. Someone wanted lvling chars to be rewarded but they cannot have this reward. I can't believe there is no way to do it.
  • You're supposed to spend time grinding dungeons for catalysts so that in the last day they can spawn mobs without announcement that give weeks worth of catalysts in 15 min :)
  • ToiresToires ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I think that at least 1 of the 3 starter lv65 dungeons should drop catas, SF would be fine, is not super spammeable as the 3man dungeon, and it is not annoying af as KC.
  • Well you can keep it, everyone I talked to is disappointed in the event. #KillingthejoyinTerafrom2016
  • Yea allot of friends are disappointed to, they all hardly run it anymore..

Why didnt EME do the same Kyra's as last time with the red crystal for mats and consumables? And the other colors for costumes/accessories/pets?

Right now got nothing but noct, goddess blessings, titans ember, titans ease, etc.
    I just hate it i dont have a choice anymore :(
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    thought events like this for fun were meant to give a distraction to the grind , I have no problem that mats wernt added , but to grind so just for what on offer (and no I don't want mats added)
    Yes, unsorted stuff is really sux. Feel like I lost all wish to do it for x10 headbands with bat wings.
    Previous was fine - each could choose what he wants : Costumes, mats or accessory.
    The ways its now no any wish to do this event. May be they change random then it would change whole lot. No sence to run stuff specially for 5 zombie pots or nocteniums that I can actually buy.

@seandynamite @Spacecats @Halrath may be rng can be changed? This event already:
    1 harder to get catalysts
    2 has no mats
    Please?
  • edited October 2017
    Babbelsim wrote: »
    Why didnt EME do the same Kyra's as last time with the red crystal for mats and consumables? And the other colors for costumes/accessories/pets?

Because they all but removed the mats compared to last time. Last time they used this to give away alkahest, spellbind, feedstock, etc. but this time they removed all that because they don't want to mess with the new gear progression economy (yet). So to create a path only for consumables now doesn't make sense -- (edit: most of) the consumables that are in there aren't particularly desirable, but they're just an extra prize. If they remove them from the pool and split into two paths, they'd have to lower the odds for the better costume prizes. The odds are based on how much people are expected to earn over the event's three week period. For better or worse, that's basically the reason...

(Besides that, if they change the odds or paths now after people have already spent catalysts over the first few days, it'll just make people angry for a different reason.)
    edited October 2017
    Dyads are desirable, but its unreal to get them. Only headbands that I can't sell.
    And I still think that they can get along with spent catalysts if there will be a choice what to choose. With this random its not encouraging to run tr trhm and rk.