There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 8 - 11 A.M. PDT

Rumors of groups getting account suspensions over wbams?

So current rumor mill is a group got banned because they reset a world boss another group was killing..Then killed it themselves..Got a three day ban for not sharing loot with the group that was there first..
"Breaking the spirit of the game"

Is this going to be a common thing? Because..hell..I do that to people on a daily basis..multiple times a day..

Comments

• World boss drops loot?
  • What GMs need to understand is that these world bosses that drop loot are going to be contested and that banning people over it just causes problems and drama.
  • Good. People seem to forget the manners they were brought up with and act like they were dragged up instead. This always leads to unnecessary drama. Just make it so you can't reset them anymore and let everyone watch a priest kil it so slowly.. Kthx.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Primmyyy wrote: »
    What GMs need to understand is that these world bosses that drop loot are going to be contested and that banning people over it just causes problems and drama.

You can't really "contest" it on a PVE server.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Margarethe wrote: »
    We're required to reset the boss because another group appear and share the loot?
    The ones that found it first have the rights of the hunt, it is their decision to share or not.
    Pathetic, hope only a rumor.

No, it sounds like another group showed up late, aggroed the boss and then pulled it until it reset. And EME banhammered them lol.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    This is basically kill-stealing, which has been against MMO etiquette for as long as they've existed. So if it's true [edit: given] that EME is enforcing it in cases like this... I honestly don't have a problem with it. If you reset it in order to add more people to share the loot, that's one thing. But to reset it to steal the loot away for the group that already claimed it... I would call that "breaking the spirit of the game." My opinion, of course.

Edit: A minute too late. lol
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halrath wrote: »
    If you do it on a PvE server, it's supremely uncool and will be punished. It's not like the group that tagged the critter can defend their kill.

Amm, yes, yes, they can. They can stop you from resetting the BAM or they can reset it again or they can tag it before you after you reset. But, hey, why let players solve problems on their own when they can just cry to mummy GM and have the other group banned for the single most vague and absurd rule ever.......
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Margarethe wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    Halrath wrote: »
    If you do it on a PvE server, it's supremely uncool and will be punished. It's not like the group that tagged the critter can defend their kill.

Amm, yes, yes, they can. They can stop you from resetting the BAM or they can reset it again or they can tag it before you after you reset. But, hey, why let players solve problems on their own when they can just cry to mummy GM and have the other group banned for the single most vague and absurd rule ever.......

Apparently, humans require rules to have common sense.

There's a difference between rules and rules so vague, you can apply them to anything you don't like. If competitive play between teams is breaking the spirit of the game, then what exactly isn't breaking it? Oh, right, I forgot. The spirit of Tera is not about skill, it's about luck.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    There's a difference between rules and rules so vague, you can apply them to anything you don't like. If competitive play between teams is breaking the spirit of the game, then what exactly isn't breaking it? Oh, right, I forgot. The spirit of Tera is not about skill, it's about luck.
    I don't think you can really argue that kill-stealing was an intended "competitive game mechanic" on PvE servers, even though people may have tried to make it so. Kill-stealing has been against MMO etiquette for decades now. On a PvP server it's obviously different (since that competitive aspect is baked in to the gameplay), but PvE is just that: player-vs-environment. Player-vs-player is not intended in the open world, except when both sides initiate it.

That said, if you consider it vague/obscure, I fully support having some sort of welcome message on all PvE servers that explains "No KS" just like the old days.
  • 576JWJ75WP576JWJ75WP ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    It should be common sense that being too much of a dickhead will get you banned if reported. But I guess common sense isn't too common nowadays.
  • LOL this is actually a joke this rule hasn't existed for 6 years and all of the sudden its a rule what about when people would troll people getting laurels or troll people doing ibams why weren't they banned now all of the sudden people are getting banned lmfao
  • This is basically kill-stealing, which has been against MMO etiquette for as long as they've existed. So if it's true [edit: given] that EME is enforcing it in cases like this... I honestly don't have a problem with it. If you reset it in order to add more people to share the loot, that's one thing. But to reset it to steal the loot away for the group that already claimed it... I would call that "breaking the spirit of the game." My opinion, of course.

Edit: A minute too late. lol

yes, sometimes im find the wboss and my friends cant kill them, and im try to soloed, if other player get when im in 70-60% and they /w about make party , for me is fine, more fast kill and maybe more worlboss ( cuz shared loot always is the best chooise in pve server)

but me, somes tanks get when im in 70% and try reset with agroo shouts bloking me and try to steal, im get the loot cuz droop is base damage hue

• edited October 2017
    What's really funny is the group who got the bam 'stolen' from them is the group that has gone around stealing bams in the past and once it got done to them they go get gms to ban people. They really shouldn't get rewarded like this first off, and second off, if the original group shared the bam with the second group like they're 'supposed to' then this wouldn't have even been an issue to begin with. bottom line is both groups wanted a bam and both sides had been hogging bams to themselves. they should at least be punished equally. Lastly provided the party had a normal composition they could have just shouted aggro back and stopped the bam from resetting...

Also, a ban seems really excessive. What happened to warnings?
  • LOL this is actually a joke this rule hasn't existed for 6 years and all of the sudden its a rule what about when people would troll people getting laurels or troll people doing ibams why weren't they banned now all of the sudden people are getting banned lmfao

People were banned in vm2 for resetting dragons.
This discussion has been closed.