[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Rumors of groups getting account suspensions over wbams?

Comments

• StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    People that say that ban for KS is bs frustrating that since now they cant do same.
  • Just bring back Rally.
  • JENOvEiLJENOvEiL
    edited October 2017
    World bams are supposed to be competitive, high reward objectives you clear with a party. Under this rule, in a PVE server that "competition" is belittled to whoever can crap tag the bam first. So what kind of joke is it that you're supporting further killing any competition in your game? (See: BG leaderboards, crusade, scoring system for dungeons)

What is next on your things-to-ban-for list, island of dawn spawns? Getting pushed out of your channel by faster clearing players because your dps is comparatively worse is also "against the spirit of the game", and motivated by rewards.

All this sounds familiar, just another mistake from a company that doesn't understand their own game design, mechanics, or playerbase, only [filtered] kissing to butthurt people from support tickets.

P.S. @Halrath can't defend their kill? Have you heard of aggro shouts and basic aggro mechanics? Having a brain and knowing how to manage aggro is not hard, trumps gear difference, and in fact is elementary mechanic to PVE in tera. Do you even play this game?
  • > @JENOvEiL said:
    > World bams are supposed to be competitive, high reward objectives you clear with a party. Under this rule, in a PVE server that "competition" is belittled to whoever can crap tag the bam first. So what kind of joke is it that you're supporting further killing any competition in your game? (See: BG leaderboards, crusade, scoring system for dungeons)
    >
    > What is next on your things-to-ban-for list, island of dawn spawns? Getting pushed out of your channel by faster clearing players because your dps is comparatively worse is also "against the spirit of the game", and motivated by rewards.
    >
    > All this sounds familiar, just another mistake from a company that doesn't understand their own game design, mechanics, or playerbase, only [filtered] kissing to butthurt people from support tickets.
    >
    > P.S. @Halrath can't defend their kill? Have you heard of aggro shouts and basic aggro mechanics? Having a brain and knowing how to manage aggro is not hard, trumps gear difference, and in fact is elementary mechanic to PVE in tera. Do you even play this game?

Aggro mechanics? I've played this game since vm2 and aggro only gets you so far broski, Especially when you're two whole gear tiers behind, Seems as if you're trying to justify rolling over newplayers by doing 20 MIL dmg in a few seconds then running and resetting just so you can get loot for your own party.

Though I will point out right now that twisthard/frostmetal is faster just farming dungeons that doing world vans at the extremely low cost on meta shop compared to stormcry +5-9
  • LOL only banned for 3days? too short, should be 3weeks.
  • Elyiess wrote: »
    Aggro mechanics? I've played this game since vm2 and aggro only gets you so far broski, Especially when you're two whole gear tiers behind, Seems as if you're trying to justify rolling over newplayers by doing 20 MIL dmg in a few seconds then running and resetting just so you can get loot for your own party.

If you've played since vm2, then you will obviously know that aggro has changed since HH. It's almost like... your guardian gear doesn't let you shout for max aggro for 5 seconds /s

And what exactly is wrong with showing up to contest a bam with better gear that you earn for your gold/time investment? Because the random newbie 5m away got to combo attack it first? Lol. If you are really two gear tiers behind and you're expecting a group of endgame players to just let you have a massive reward boss for free, you don't understand how competition, or MMOs work. If you can't keep the kill, you weren't good enough, prepared enough, or clever enough to deserve it.

Punish us more for using our brains and pressing our skills in a better order pls
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember once, I was just chilling on my priest, in highwatch, semi-afk, you know how it is. Then in area chat I saw someone asking for help killing 'a boss', and you know when you're bored enough it can make you charitable, so I'm like, what the hey, why not. Gives me something to do.

So I whisper this person asking for their location, teleport on over and there's this little ragtag group of three 61-62 level folk in the midst of leveling, standing next to Kihara, the world boss. And at first they're asking questions like, what is this boss, why is there a skull next to their name, can we kill it, etc. And it's like, so endearing you know? It was the first world boss they've ever seen. I guess that's due to how leveling is all dungeons now, remember when you first leveled years ago, entering Valley of Titans and seeing Arakia for the first time? Wasn't that a trip? I remember I was freaking out, like... what in the heck is the weird purple peanut thing... can I hit it?

Anyway after a bit of chat, we party up and they get to swinging at Kihara. And they're doing their gosh darnedest, and something in my jaded, cynical old heart swells a little, watching them and keeping them alive. Makes me nostalgic, think of the good ol' days. I don't know these folk but I find myself cheering them on.

At around 30% this brawler and her two elin cronies show up, I recognize the guild tag and instantly I know where this is going and my mood sours. Miss brawler, in her +15 decked out glory, steals aggro with relative ease as you can imagine, bullrushes away, Kihara resets, and in a matter of moments, like a hot knife through butter, takes the kill and teleports away. (not without a few "c:" smiley faces in say chat from the elins)

The leveling group I'm partied with can barely register what just happened let alone what they're feeling, one person gets angry, another just sad and disappointed. The lancer is asking if there's something they could've done to stop what just happened. And I'm standing there, my pleasant bubble of warmth and nostalgic burst, just devastated for them under my defeated, placid "i'm sorry" and "some people are just like that" and "nothing we could've done".

This happened a long while back but I can't forget it, darn wish I could. Do I think those people deserved to be banned? Nah, just wanted to tell a story.
    (though this event DID make me never want to play a low dps class ever again and reroll on a pvp server)
  • > @JENOvEiL said:
    > Elyiess wrote: »
    >
    > Aggro mechanics? I've played this game since vm2 and aggro only gets you so far broski, Especially when you're two whole gear tiers behind, Seems as if you're trying to justify rolling over newplayers by doing 20 MIL dmg in a few seconds then running and resetting just so you can get loot for your own party.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you've played since vm2, then you will obviously know that aggro has changed since HH. It's almost like... your guardian gear doesn't let you shout for max aggro for 5 seconds /s
    >
    > And what exactly is wrong with showing up to contest a bam with better gear that you earn for your gold/time investment? Because the random newbie 5m away got to combo attack it first? Lol. If you are really two gear tiers behind and you're expecting a group of endgame players to just let you have a massive reward boss for free, you don't understand how competition, or MMOs work. If you can't keep the kill, you weren't good enough, prepared enough, or clever enough to deserve it.
    >
    > Punish us more for using our brains and pressing our skills in a better order pls

Contesting/competing for bams is fine on a PvP server but where people pull aggro and reset it on a PvEserver when the people are vigorously trying to kill it overgeared or undergeared is just plain BM. If you wanna contest bams and control them join a PvP server with your friends and pk everyone that gets near your bams, Don't abuse a mechanic just because you can lol
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    So trying to get rid of toxicity and trolling and bullying, and anti-sportsmanship, ruining others experience is a joke to some people.

And those people mostly the ones criticizing the game any chance they get, the people that claim they quit the game or already left the game.

This one proof why forums went down the hill too. EME as I said needs to do more of those things on forums and game. Good job.
    MAFAL6X4M4 wrote: »
    Just never bring back Rally.

fixed it for yuh

JENOvEiL wrote: »
    World bams are supposed to be competitive, high reward objectives you clear with a party. Under this rule, in a PVE server that "competition" is belittled to whoever can crap tag the bam first. So what kind of joke is it that you're supporting further killing any competition in your game? (See: BG leaderboards, crusade, scoring system for dungeons)

What is next on your things-to-ban-for list, island of dawn spawns? Getting pushed out of your channel by faster clearing players because your dps is comparatively worse is also "against the spirit of the game", and motivated by rewards.

All this sounds familiar, just another mistake from a company that doesn't understand their own game design, mechanics, or playerbase, only [filtered] kissing to butthurt people from support tickets.

P.S. @Halrath can't defend their kill? Have you heard of aggro shouts and basic aggro mechanics? Having a brain and knowing how to manage aggro is not hard, trumps gear difference, and in fact is elementary mechanic to PVE in tera. Do you even play this game?

Were you one of those that got banned? Being a spoiled brat is different from playing the game. You wanna play the game by ruining others game? You better be banned.
  • Ruining others game? Better not queue fwc and win or else I'll ruin the game for 15 other people kappa.

You see how stupid that sounds?

Being a spoiled brat? What about the people whining that they were incapable of "defending their kill"? "I've been tickling the boss for 10 minutes with auto attacks but it's my bam -insert report here-"

I forgot it's like talking to a wall whenever you open your mouth on the forum, so I'm out. How does someone who doesn't play any endgame content have such a big mouth about how it should be run/managed? Lmao
    JENOvEiL wrote: »
    Ruining others game? Better not queue fwc and win or else I'll ruin the game for 15 other people kappa.

You see how stupid that sounds?

Being a spoiled brat? What about the people whining that they were incapable of "defending their kill"? "I've been tickling the boss for 10 minutes with auto attacks but it's my bam -insert report here-"

I forgot it's like talking to a wall whenever you open your mouth on the forum, so I'm out. How does someone who doesn't play any endgame content have such a big mouth about how it should be run/managed? Lmao

Have you played the game? One person could reset a world boss the whole server was attacking during Argon event, because when you get the agrro, you can simply move the boss out of zone. It happened many times, whole server was auto attacking that boss?

dude, stop bsing, we saw that crap on Argon event and people reported, many are glad EME started to react to this.

I know, where it comes from. We have high end gear, we can reset everything and get everything, we can troll everyone and all loots are ours, and we need to be able to get away with all that.

Banning these kind of attitudes needs to happen even more.
    Elyiess wrote: »
    > @JENOvEiL said:
    > Elyiess wrote: »
    >
    > Aggro mechanics? I've played this game since vm2 and aggro only gets you so far broski, Especially when you're two whole gear tiers behind, Seems as if you're trying to justify rolling over newplayers by doing 20 MIL dmg in a few seconds then running and resetting just so you can get loot for your own party.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you've played since vm2, then you will obviously know that aggro has changed since HH. It's almost like... your guardian gear doesn't let you shout for max aggro for 5 seconds /s
    >
    > And what exactly is wrong with showing up to contest a bam with better gear that you earn for your gold/time investment? Because the random newbie 5m away got to combo attack it first? Lol. If you are really two gear tiers behind and you're expecting a group of endgame players to just let you have a massive reward boss for free, you don't understand how competition, or MMOs work. If you can't keep the kill, you weren't good enough, prepared enough, or clever enough to deserve it.
    >
    > Punish us more for using our brains and pressing our skills in a better order pls

Contesting/competing for bams is fine on a PvP server but where people pull aggro and reset it on a PvEserver when the people are vigorously trying to kill it overgeared or undergeared is just plain BM. If you wanna contest bams and control them join a PvP server with your friends and pk everyone that gets near your bams, Don't abuse a mechanic just because you can lol

The players like him, are bad for PVP server and also cowards, resetting and stealing loots is what they do, and they are so entitled to it, they will rage if someone oppose them.

• TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you going out of your way to deliberately grief someone in the game? Are you doing something that gives yourself an unintended and unfair advantage? If so, it's probably subject to GM enforcement!

Neither were the guys subject of this topic, yet, here we are.
    Reducing every argument to its absurd extreme serves no purpose. If you're just going to argue that kill-stealing should be allowed because there are other ways of dealing with it, then at least it's a defensible position, even if I don't personally agree. But this "we can't enforce principles because no one will ever possibly know when the banhammer might be coming for them next!" is silly.

Can you explain how something that happens in tera during every single levelling event is an absurd extreme? Or do you mean the part where I argue that banning for "breaking the spirit of the game" is so vague, anything can be covered by it? I'm m fairly certain these banned guys had no idea resetting the BAM would get them banned, yet, here were are, witnessing your absurd extreme. How many times does a thing need to happen before you stop calling it an "absurd extreme" exactly? Or does it just need to happen to you to be a real situation and it's just a nothing while it's happening to other people?
    LP7FMYWRR6 wrote: »
    No. They beat the mechanics technically with a handicap and didn't need the entirety of the deck given to them, they didn't abuse anything they merely cashed out on the fact they were superior to others in that instance in that particular moment, nothing was abused.

How is effectively trading an item that was specifically designed to not be tradeable not considered abuse but resetting a BAM that was designed to be resettabe is? And, on that note, how is it that allowing people to obtain BIS items in a way they weren't meant to obtain them not also "breaking the spirit of the game"? In this case we actually have the dev intention written red on black-ish and there's no question about the way those items were meant to be obtained and distributed. Yet, people did it for the golds. But now that people are doing something else for the golds, also based on their superiority to others, omg, such problem, much ban.
This discussion has been closed.