Rumors of groups getting account suspensions over wbams?

Comments

• aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I am interested.

If what I am reading is right, I would rather call it a ban for bug abuse than calling it a ban for "breaking fair spirit".

Although I am pretty sure I would want to work with tank just in case people reset my own WBAMs. At least I get to counter the griefer.
  • AnotsuAnotsu ✭✭✭
    Good job, banning them was the right decision.
  • ZajchikZajchik ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Halrath wrote: »
    So current rumor mill is a group got banned because they reset a world boss another group was killing..Then killed it themselves..Got a three day ban for not sharing loot with the group that was there first..
    "Breaking the spirit of the game"

Is this going to be a common thing? Because..hell..I do that to people on a daily basis..multiple times a day..

If you do that on a PvP server, it's totally fine because that is intended. PvP away.

If you do it on a PvE server, it's supremely uncool and will be punished. It's not like the group that tagged the critter can defend their kill.

I've seen people doing this on PvP servers as well. How come they can't get in trouble just because "it's a PvP server"?

Resetting a BAM has nothing to do with PvP. I've seen someone solo a BAM to 8%, only to have it torn away and aggro reset. PvP doesn't mean a thing if they reset the boss. Yeah, you can flag. But what if you're undergeared? +0 Guardian VS full +7-9 Stormcry?? Yeah, good [filtered] luck with that, lmao.

Either agree to ban people doing it on both PvE AND PvP servers, or don't ban anyone at all.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    For those wondering how to avoid getting a 3 day ban, here's a simple rule of thumb: don't be a [filtered].
  • BAN them for a week!
  • I've seen this happen way to many times unfortunately, its why i don't go near the WB, one guys after my brother asked him a simple question on where he got a design he had listed on the broker..went as far and threatening to KS the WB if he seen us on one...like really, no mention of us even wanting to go hunt them, just flat out said, i see you out there i will KS it. Did i report the tool, no, should i have, YES, but to me getting banned over a statement like that, is mehh.
    Deliberately pulling aggro from a group with lesser gear is utter BS, a simple fix would have been hey, reset it and we can join together and kill it, instead of being greedy f**ks. But this is Tera after all and most people don't have common sense in game.
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    @Tewii i assume you reported every quil seller, every bone seller, every marrow brooch seller you ever met, right? Because that's also abusing game mechanics to do something not intended in game.

The difference is one scenario is maliciously disrupting a player or group of players with the intent to 'steal' said assets/wbam/etc for yourself, which is the motto of a PvP server but not that of a PvE server. That's why they rolled on a PvE server.

The other is selling an item for a profit at no detriment to those in the original party as they're willing to give up their mats. Whether the quill, brooch, or whatever [x] untradeable item you're selling is intended to be traded within the normal method is a different issue entirely and not comparable.
  • Wouldn't be surprised if this becomes a witch hunt like false accusations of stealing wbams like it has been with people using 3rd party apps.
  • I'm about to xfer to a PvE server and get everyone banned :^)
  • This is a huge debate. As 3 day Ban is super serious, maybe they used racist or unacceptable language during the KS, which could have been proven through screenshots, then I would understand the 3 day ban. on a pvp server, KS is quite normal, and on pve role play server it should also be quite normal. PVE and PVP server are connected through battlegrounds and such. but pretty much all games do ban for inappropriate language/trolling.
  • I contacted a gm about this and he told me the ban comes under exploiting game features and calls it a pve server only rule but in the code of conduct there is no such thing about pve and pvp server specfic rules so its basically unfair since the players doesn't know you can be ban for it being on a pve server only
  • 576JWJ75WP576JWJ75WP ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    DWYAC6RTXK wrote: »
    I contacted a gm about this and he told me the ban comes under exploiting game features and calls it a pve server only rule but in the code of conduct there is no such thing about pve and pvp server specfic rules so its basically unfair since the players doesn't know you can be ban for it being on a pve server only

Mate, do you not realize how dumb that statement was?

> "Ok hold on, let me check if being a dickhead is in the code and conduct. Oh, it's not?! Let's go be dickheads then!"
    > Gets reported for being a dickhead and gets banned.
    > "This is unfair! We didn't know being a dickhead was bannable, because it wasn't in the code and conduct!"

Lmao
  • Ask me it a good thing it stop people from hoard farming and not letting anyone get any thing most people who complain sound like they do the same thing as the baned group this sounds like a good rule for pve xD i mean strict gotta come in some where it not like pvp server you can just kill the botch fighting the bam
  • I hope they will get banned, is not fair to steal WB from another player, you stay and fight and when is 10-20% someone come ,reset boss and kill him,and you can`t do anytthing, is not ok.
This discussion has been closed.