Why is there Extended maintenance on Thursday, October 26, from 6:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m?

Hello,

Why is there Extended maintenance on Thursday, October 26, from 6:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m?

Is there a patch going live today?

Is it just maintenance to improve server quality/health?

Or is it something else entirely?

I don't mind the maintenance, but I am curious why or what it is for.

Thanks,
Andrew

Comments

• Sometimes looking at official announcement or other people post can give you an answer.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/18538/extended-maintenances-through-11-2
  • It's not a merge, it's not a patch, it's not routine maintenance. There's speculation that worlds are being transferred to new hardware.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    We have our crafting speed buff though, at least that worked out :)
  • This is answered at the top of the forums.
  • Halrath wrote: »
    This is answered at the top of the forums.

It was really not though. It says "Maintenance will run from 6 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PDT. All TERA servers and websites will be unavailable. The TERA forums WILL be available." . That's not an explanation.
  • SirBurns wrote: »
    Halrath wrote: »
    This is answered at the top of the forums.

It was really not though. It says "Maintenance will run from 6 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PDT. All TERA servers and websites will be unavailable. The TERA forums WILL be available." . That's not an explanation.

You could try and read slightly above what you quoted:

"For the next two weeks, the operations team will be conducting extended maintenances that will affect TERA operations. These are long-planned hardware migrations that require downtime for various services. We apologize for the inconvenience and will update this thread if details change."
  • @KarmaTheAlligator Yeah but that still isn't really telling EXACTLY what they're doing to the server, That's like if the cableman comes over cuz your net is out and you ask him how he's gonna fix it and he tells you "Aah don't worry Buckero! I got this! " then he comes back with a bill already having replaced a new line that could have been repaired? WOT basically this analogy doesn't compare but I mean people wanna know what you're doing with /their/ [filtered]

Let's be real.. We basically as the players have a say-so in alot of things, So why hide specifications? I mean back when Treeshark was GM he would tell you exactly what was happening and why. =/
  • Except the Tera servers are owned or rented by Enmasse and not any of us. So they're not messing with "our" [filtered].

They wrote "hardware migration" and that is reasonably specific. I'm not sure it's important enough for the world to know if they're having old drives replaced, upgrading this or that, or moving up to the next tier of server racks or whatever. It's probably just something relatively mundane and not worth any kind of fuss.

Personally, I've noticed zero changes on the user end with any of the servers that have been migrated so far.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Elyiess wrote: »
    @KarmaTheAlligator Yeah but that still isn't really telling EXACTLY what they're doing to the server, That's like if the cableman comes over cuz your net is out and you ask him how he's gonna fix it and he tells you "Aah don't worry Buckero! I got this! " then he comes back with a bill already having replaced a new line that could have been repaired? WOT basically this analogy doesn't compare but I mean people wanna know what you're doing with /their/ [filtered]

Let's be real.. We basically as the players have a say-so in alot of things, So why hide specifications? I mean back when Treeshark was GM he would tell you exactly what was happening and why. =/

No, that says exactly what they're doing. They're transferring the servers to new hardware, hence "hardware migration".
  • You remember that one guy in TR who wanted some "Compensation" for this "Unscheduled maintenance" which was totally scheduled by the Forums ? Yesh that one guy... Wanted a Compensation for this maintenance... No but must do it huh...

#LearnToCheckTheForums ...
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now people crying over EME trying to fix servers?

Want us to applaud you for being this ......... ( I don't write a word, cause I got none for now)