[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Dead Sever,Dead Economy

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »
    FF economy seems fine to me lol

Could you explain? there is no way to make gold, the only lucrative way was golden talents and they became worthless by ppl over selling them on the broker. When i say the economy is dead, im referring to the point that there is no real way to make alot of gold. the only way there is, is to do dungeons. which really barely gets you by for gearing and im only at Frost... and im already feeling how hard the pinch is.

you need to be more creative. There are way WAY more things than just golden talents that are "lucrative" this patch. Play smart not hard.

Again explain, because i play full time and there isnt. You sound like you "know" a lucrative way to make gold continuously that doesnt involve the 600-700 gold obtained from a vangaurd daily. I went from making 40-50k a day down to 10k or less easily. So i would love to hear you explanation. an not fluff comments.

If you know a good way to make gold in game the best thing of action is not sharing the specifics.

I think kamizuma used the wrong sentence or maybe I am misunderstanding how the word works on english countries but lucrative would refer a way involving real money in the game "as I understand it", maybe I am wrong so would be good if he mean it like that.
  • Equitas wrote: »
    Again explain, because i play full time and there isnt. You sound like you "know" a lucrative way to make gold continuously that doesnt involve the 600-700 gold obtained from a vangaurd daily. I went from making 40-50k a day down to 10k or less easily. So i would love to hear you explanation. an not fluff comments.

This is the problem with players who charge EMP trying to give advice to free players about generating in-game revenue, and making it sound easy. It confuses free players because they think they're doing something wrong. The free players are mislead into thinking there's some big secret to making large sums of money in very short spans, while the "EMP" people keep talking in circles. They never provide any clear answer. It results in a sense of frustration and the exodus to other games where they feel their time may be rewarded better, or at least in a new and more interesting way. The reality of the situation is that, unless you're willing to forgo gearing your characters and selling all your tradable resources, you're going to have a hard time until you are willing to do that. Vanguards are your best consistent source of coin. Events like the Kyra's Catalyst event are good for earning money when they come around.

Exactly. which is dumb. You shouldn't have to be put in a place to make a choice to completely ditch gear progression to make a bit of gold. Its slow enough as it is without any other hardships added ontop. And those ppl that make gold selling EMP really havent found a lucrative way.... those ppl annoy the crap out of me. Its not like i dont have money, but i shouldnt have to dish out money to progress...
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    FF economy seems fine to me lol

Could you explain? there is no way to make gold, the only lucrative way was golden talents and they became worthless by ppl over selling them on the broker. When i say the economy is dead, im referring to the point that there is no real way to make alot of gold. the only way there is, is to do dungeons. which really barely gets you by for gearing and im only at Frost... and im already feeling how hard the pinch is.

you need to be more creative. There are way WAY more things than just golden talents that are "lucrative" this patch. Play smart not hard.

If you know a good way to make gold in game the best thing of action is not sharing the specifics.

I think kamizuma used the wrong sentence or maybe I am misunderstanding how the word works on english countries but lucrative would refer a way involving real money in the game "as I understand it", maybe I am wrong so would be good if he mean it like that.

adjective
    producing a great deal of profit.
    "a lucrative career as a stand-up comedian"
    synonyms: profitable, profit-making, gainful, remunerative, moneymaking, paying, high-income, well paid, bankable; rewarding, worthwhile; thriving, flourishing, successful, booming

Not specific to just involving money, but more used to express a continuous successful gain in something.
  • edited October 2017
    Equitas wrote: »

This is the problem with players who charge EMP trying to give advice to free players about generating in-game revenue, and making it sound easy. It confuses free players because they think they're doing something wrong.
    He doesn't charge EMP -- why the heck would he have to? He's using gold to make gold. He has so much gold that he'll never need to buy EMP ever (and almost all of it made by using gold to make gold).

ElinUsagi wrote: »
    You're misunderstanding -- there's no relation to real money implied. He just means that, if you know what to buy/sell on the trade broker, you can make a lot of gold. But you are also right that one of the ways people who play the broker can do this is by not sharing all their secrets. If everyone knew how to do it, it'd cease being as lucrative.
  • make elin reaper run ghillie repeat 321 quick math :)
  • edited October 2017
    Equitas wrote: »
    He doesn't charge EMP -- why the heck would he have to? He's using gold to make gold. He has so much gold that he'll never need to buy EMP ever (and almost all of it made by using gold to make gold).

Maybe it isn't entirely necessary for him to continue to do it, but my point is that when that's how you've made your "fortune", you don't really have a lot of room to offer guidance to players trying to earn money in-game without spending real life money.

There's nothing to suggest that's how he made his fortune in the first place. If you're patient and play the markets right, you can work your way up over time without ever spending anything. People just assume that's how he did it because they imagine it was some sort of get-rich-quick scheme, but he's been investing his gold (and watching the markets carefully) for years.

But I don't think the point of him making the comment was to imply that you had to be already gold-rich to be profitable in this patch. You just need to know where the market is. (And, of course, he's not telling, just implying opportunities exist for those who find them.)
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Just spam Ravenous Gorge until you have enough gold
  • ViauxiViauxi ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Super-Veteran players who are already at Stormcry with an account net-worth of 1 million+ gold telling fee players "its EZ to make gold lel".
    Ok.
    Create a new account. Start at the bottom. No veteran guild to leech off of. No static to hard carry or feed you. Now. Get to Stormcry without literally losing your mind. You can't swipe, like...At all. That's the most important part, because I know half the people who play this game do this, and openly talk about doing this in their guild chats/discord.

Anyways, while you do that...
    Yes, there is a serious lack of basic mechanisms to make gold to meet the expectation required to gear yourself, It's even worse than before. Please don't be fooled by these type of players who would love to tell you otherwise to boost their epeen. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't overemphasis the need for gold in the actual enchanting process. You need so much gold to enchant it's insane. Even Twistguard can be a huge headache for new players who don't have a massive piggy bank / guild bank to lean on, let alone the black hole called Frostmetal/Stormcry that comes after that (an your accessories).

They wrecked your wealth with this update (especially if you weren't prepared to convert/sell your mats and gear), and at the same time they make gold an absolute necessity to gear your char. This patch strongly discourages gearing alts by making it an incredible pain in the [filtered] to gear more than 1 character (once again, ESPECIALLY for new players; ESPECIALLY if that new player is a healer). This makes gold farming and gearing that much more inefficient and grindy.

The issue with this game is that they soulbound literally everything you obtain that could be worth any value except gems and talents. As a result, there is NO commodity available to the masses to build a healthy economy off of (i.e you cannot have your entire playerbase farming literally 1-2 mats for income, and have a functioning economy system). I cannot for the life of me understand why this developer insists on making literally every item in this game soulbound to the character. The only thing you can trade are gems and talents, and that's only after the assumption that you don't need them for yourself (Hint: you will). Even if you wanted to sell them, good luck selling them because the prices will continue to drop and pages of this stuff will continue to pile up in the market place as time goes on. I wouldn't be surprised if golden talents prices fall into the single digits at this rate.

Not only are you farming for mats to enchant your gear, you are farming the same mats to sell for gold....so you can use it to enchant your gear. So if you are a new player at Twistguard/Frost, you either farm for (mostly untradable) mats and have no gold to enchant, or you farm for the gold and have no mats to enchant. It make zero sense. This gets exponentially worse at Frostmetal+. I doubt any new player will ever get Stormcry before the grind makes them ragequit...without swiping. The only people who will have this tier of gear are people who have been playing religiously for years (i.e, your super veterans)

This is only talking about the economics in evolved in enchanting, I am not even including the xp grind, which many new players will need to do unless they like throwing their chump change into a black hole....like most veterans did to enchant their Frost/Stormcry in the first week, because they had the gold to throw away.

I can write a 200 page essay on how fundamentally flawed this game is, it is unbelievable. But aint nobody got time for that. Bottom line is, yes, gold is much harder to come by for the majority of the playerbase, and BHS isn't going to do anything about it. Congratulations. The idea of this patch is fundamentally sound and looks great on paper. Of course like any mmo out of Korea, the actual execution is awful, and only further directs a jaded playerbase to the cash shop in a desperate attempt to earn money. If there were more alternatives to make gold other than spamming Vanguards, and if there exists more tradable items to sell, it wouldn't be nearly as bad as it turned out to be; it would actually be near perfect.

Anyways, I was in the middle of quitting this game for 6 months...again (yeah...totally wasn't joking about that), but I just had to give my final thoughts on this current patch before I took off.

edit: grammar.
  • Viauxi wrote: »
    If there were more alternatives to make gold other than spamming Vanguards, and if there exists more tradable items to sell, it wouldn't be nearly as bad as it turned out to be; it would actually be near perfect.

Yes exactly what im saying right there!!! Ive taken in about 70 new players and a few returning players and they feel how hard it is to progress and already quite a few are playing less than the originally were... Even myself, i drained what savings i did before the patch pretty quickly. All they need to do is make more enchantment mats tradeable and possibly look into making talents obtainable through both entropic and metamorphic emblems... never really understood why only entropic emblems had the talents.

• PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    Viauxi wrote: »
    Super-Veteran players who are already at Stormcry with an account net-worth of 1 million+ gold telling fee players "its EZ to make gold lel".
    Ok.
    Create a new account. Start at the bottom. No veteran guild to leech off of. No static to hard carry or feed you. Now. Get to Stormcry without literally losing your mind. You can't swipe, like...At all. That's the most important part, because I know half the people who play this game do this, and openly talk about doing this in their guild chats/discord.
    You make it sound like veterans weren't newbies once. :thinking:
  • 9RA7AY6NK79RA7AY6NK7 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Game's been out for 5+ years now, so I don't think it's good to balance gearing up around the hilariously dead and broken economy.

Personally, I just want something that we can grind 24/7 to progress our character. Perhaps make the gold and silver materials to be just bound and let it drop somewhere else outside dungeons for us to grind for, I dunno.

I just dislike how we're limited to 16 vanguard requests per day and one you finish that extremely quickly, there's almost literally nothing to do anymore.
  • ViauxiViauxi ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Pixelator wrote: »
    Viauxi wrote: »
    Ok.
    You make it sound like veterans weren't newbies once. :thinking:

That wasn't the point.
    Being a newbie 3 years ago and being a newbie now are two totally different experiences because the game has drastically changed overtime (for the worse...)
    The point was that most people seriously don't realize just how much they are carried from their legacy in in this game, and need to (dare I say) check their privilege. I am also a vet, though not a super rich one. The only reason I was able to gear a fresh alt from scratch to Frostmetal was because of my accumulated wealth from years of playing this game, Even gearing that one alt to that point put a significant strain on my reservoir of gold. You can't sit on a mountain of liquid gold that you farmed for over years (or P2W for) and belittle players who point out fundamental flaws in the game design, just because "I'm doin fine so it must be EZ, you just have to git gud".

A new player (obviously) won't have an accumulated wealth advantage when starting fresh in this patch.
    A new player won't have an experienced and/or rich guild to leech from.
    A new player won't have a static to quickly and comfortably farm harder dungeons.
    A new player will likely not want to P2W to get geared in a new game they just started...

And most importantly, not everyone is able to enjoy some or all of these luxuries for whatever reason. For example, I am a veteran, but I no longer have the support of a powerful guild or run with a static. This puts me at a significant disadvantage compared to people who do have this. The less social/legacy benefits you have, the more you can experience the game mechanics without the influence of the social construct, and point out flaws in the actual game design. Even so, I am still pretty comfortable in this patch because of my accumulated wealth alone; but I am smart enough to still identify there is an unsustainable issue in the new mechanics introduced.

The biggest issue is there simply isn't enough avenues to obtain the amount of gold needed to survive in this meta. There are literally 2 main sources of gold: Vanguard gold, and the reward you get for doing the vanguards. Once you clear all your vanguards you ask yourself "what now? I can't sell none of this [filtered] on the market, I can't log onto an alt and farm on them....because I can't gear them (unless you are a super-vet with 12 pre-geared alts). So I'm pretty much [filtered] until tomorrow." And then you log off.
    This is basically all that TERA has to offer as a game. That and p2w.

edit: grammar........
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma is the tera bank stock market :3