Seriously EME ? you re forcing us to transfer..

13»

Comments

• FeenoxFeenox ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Endgame LFG can be empty for a lot of reasons, and it isn't only because "the server's dead". The proposal for cross-server LFG would solve the problem a lot of people have, but good luck getting BHS to program it. I'm sure BHS would say that IMS is their intended solution to solve this problem, but the NA community refuses to use it for end-game. So it's a problem.

cross-server LFG =/= IMS, i get what youre saying but the NA community "refuses" to use IMS because its random, you are not always guaranteed to queue in with who you want if you already planned a group with another server, and getting queued in with people who refuse to learn and have no experience in the dungeon can be frustrating. another thing tera doesn't have is any indication of how many people are in queue for any given dungeon, so the assumption is generally that queues will take a long time unless you have tank/healer in your party.

good example to look at is FFXIV's cross server system (although their entire LFG system is a bit different): a dungeon is specified, you can leave a description, set other parameters like learning run or farm run, set a requirement for people to have at least one clear of the dungeon, and set a minimum ilvl. additionally, when queueing for a dungeon you're given a usually accurate estimated time, and are shown how many other people are in queue. not saying this would be perfect for tera but something similar would be nice, not that BHS will probably ever code it.

edit: another thing to note about that is you can't inspect someone in FFXIV unless you're standing right next to them which definitely plays a part in how their LFG works

• Feenox wrote: »
    cross-server LFG =/= IMS, i get what youre saying but the NA community "refuses" to use IMS because its random, you are not always guaranteed to queue in with who you want if you already planned a group with another server, and getting queued in with people who refuse to learn and have no experience in the dungeon can be frustrating. another thing tera doesn't have is any indication of how many people are in queue for any given dungeon, so the assumption is generally that queues will take a long time unless you have tank/healer in your party.

Oh, I know that there are valid reasons why people don't use it. But, since you used FFXIV as an example, consider even the cultural differences there. Many people who play on the Japanese servers note that, over there, you use Party Finder (LFG) for learning parties, and use Duty Finder (IMS) for clear parties. If you queue for something, you're expected to already know it and pull your own weight. I don't know for sure that K-TERA and J-TERA have the same behaviors, but it wouldn't surprise me. (The raid aside, there were often cases in the past when a dungeon would launch here and only work via IMS at first, since that was how it was in K-TERA.)

The problem here is, as you say, that IMS has gotten a reputation for being full of people who can't learn or can't find people who want to play with them, so everybody (including those in those very situations) ends up trying to rely on LFG. Meanwhile, there's a whole other group of people in guilds and other groups who already found their party, so avoid LFG (and IMS) entirely. So you're basically left with an LFG full of either a) lone wolves without a guild/static, b) people who play way more than their guild/static or in different time zones, and/or c) new players who haven't fallen into a crowd yet. In other words, it's like rolling the dice what parties you can form with LFG on your server at any given time. That's why people want cross-server LFG (or to merge servers) -- basically to increase the odds.

But I was just thinking that, if someone tried to explain all this to BHS, most likely their first reaction would still be "why not use IMS?" But it doesn't deal with the way people want to play here.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Oh man, multiple people saying their servers feel empty again. Better repeat the mantra before it's too late:

The population outside MT and TR is fine.

Phew, that was a close one haha. Almost saw the truth for a minute there. Now I can go on believing my own lies for another day.
    Everything's fine you guys! Don't forget to purchase a server transfer! The population outside MT and TR is fine! Okay? It's fine!
  • https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/3482/highwatch-server-activities/p1

I created that thread and I can tell you, this thread is not about server activity, it is about my friends moved, I don't wanna pay to move so I made a thread.

Not even AV is close to what we had on HW, End game content nowadays is guild-depended hard. If there are LFG that doesn't mean there are no runs at all. in HW there were no runs, there were no trades, it was trap. That is not happening.

I don't want a server merge currently, why?

More lag, less FPS, more Global BS chat, less farming when it comes to WB, IOD bams, OW events, Way more lags and crashes during events cause more players. More forums drama because alliances gonna happen to get all bams and WB (specially PVP servers) more players more toxicity. messed up Economy and etc.

So at this point, we are not that desperate like HW days for a server merge, would be too much headache for EME and even community if you think it through, Yeah I know, activity is less but it is still there. but my last statement

AS LONG AS BHS IS NOT ACTIVE, YOU CAN'T EXPECT MUCH ACTIVITY FROM COMMUNITY.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well with big rewards for events, they might kill patch again soon, cause once you get your gear, nothing else to do lol
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Well with big rewards for events, they might kill patch again soon, cause once you get your gear, nothing else to do lol

I am not sure what you mean by once you get your gear because +9 Frostmetal is not so hard to get over time but Stormcry has a hard cap on money and especially with this patch and the economy it will be quite hard to enchant considering the costs unless EMP is bought... So what really means your gear? which one? because there is this huge wall called Stormcry and we will be like ants trying to climb it which will take at least 2-3 months if not more depending on RNG when enchanting..

Problem is.. we kill monsters to enchant gear to kill even more monsters and i really wish that we could stick some PvP in there

p.s. i am not sure what to say about server merge besides.. always read forums and check population before creating characters haha.. "cries in spanish"