[TERA Console] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 8:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

[TERA PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 9:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

What are the new Crit caps for classes?

Comments

• StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I don't know how some players came up with those numbers, I am not good enough and not a Tera hard core players, because being a hard core players in a game that its content gets killed by its developer seems a waste of time for me, but me to time I come around because this MMO has an action and versatility when it comes to play each class still keeps you attracted to Tera. I am checking some numbers with low gears and on low tier bams, usually doing solo with low gears and the balance crit and power can give you the idea. Most players get to IOD with higher tier gears and kill those bams and think they are doing alright with crit/power balance they have and when they get to high end content the problems mostly showing up.

Anyway lets get to crit factor and dps factor. The good thing this patch introduced is you can easily manage your rolls to reach the optimal balance.

1. Valk: Needs +60 crit factor, remember 10% nerf and also crit resistance is higher, you want to have a bit more crit on some crucial skills, I recommend +60, because you can even see white number on Crescent with previous crit factor. I prefer Energetic etching for gloves/weap, and then hard core players I assume can go for full power etch for accessories

2. Warrior: If not mistaken, +240 have been the scythe crit cap, so anything under that is a mistake, also around 30% of warrior damage had been said that comes from Blade Draw, so under +260 will effect Blade Draw definitely as you see way less white Blade Draw with +260, etching can be mixed with Pumped and Energetic, personal preference on warrior. I have doubts around Tank War tho, since Warrior get frontal crit buff, I think that number can still works for them, that needs more tests.

3. Gunner: +150 is optimal for Gunner this patch I believe, under that number can be a whole lotta white numbers on filler skills and hurt the total dps. For etching I like to have energetic to reduce the CD for Balder's vengeance which does lots of dmg now and att speed can do good for them, Pumped always good too.

4. Archer: +235-250, under +230 you will see white numbers on critical skill such as RF, thunderbolt, RA. So definitely you will lose a lotta of DPS under +230. Etching I prefer Pumped but some players I have seen go for mixed energetic/pumped, depends on the builds and type of inner.

5. Ninja: +280-300, this class seems weird to me. Everything feels so random when it comes to dps and crits, the biggest problem to me is the animation of skills, they seem slow and animation frames seems slow, these hurts this class, Double Cut, and other crucial skills got long animations. This class is very ping-depended even if it is one of the most easy classes in Tera to master. I prefer Energetic and not a fan of much power on this class.

6. Zerk: Still Slaying Zerk is S tier and too stronk, +320-330 crit, many players don't believe in CDR, so they pick Crit Power as fourth weapon roll. Etching depending on your build. Pumped, Keen, Energetic can help you depends on your build.

7. Mystic: I haven't tested much yet, but 3 crit/2 power, +250-260 Crit factor with Merciless Aura seemed fine for me with dps build and rolls, and I should say, it feels very refreshing to have mystic DPS back but I still miss old days with charms that you could pick based on your build. etching, Energetic and pumped seems good for DPS mystic.

8. Brawler: Haven't tested much with dungeons mid tier to high tier and think it through but I noticed less than +260 is hurting crit on Rage, Piledriver, Jackhammer a lot and you can see them not crit many times and you lose so much dps with fillers. Etching Energetic and pumped do real good.

9. Slayer: My opinion and my preference :/ , play it for fun this patch unless we get any good change for them, worse dps class in game right now, Ninja is doing better, You might get crit on MS, but everything else can not crit no matter how much crit you have, +330 is mandatory I believe, etching, Energetic and Pumped, more pumped, ppl say more ICB but that won't help you much, it just softens the RNG a bit not making anything 100%.

10. Lancer: +260-270 crit necessary now, under that number even on low tier bams of IOD and low dungeons, you will see lots of white numbers, specially on Wallop, so you have to have that +260 this patch. Energetic weap/gloves, pumped for jewels.

11. Reaper: +280-300, ping depended class for highest dps, but still if you get the hang of it can manage high dps. This class also have the animation problem that effects dps, but I like this class if it weren't Elin Exclusive this class would have been one of most favorable class in whole Tera, with better and less framed animation tho. I prefer Energetic etching for everything.

12. Sorc: same as slayer this class needs help when it comes to Crit, it doesn't matter how much crit you build, RNG can wreck you as you can see a whole lotta white numbers coming up on your screen. +280-300 crit factor, Problem with Sorc is the crucial skills have long cast, if they don't crit then you are rekt and lost time and dps, so those long cast skills better crit, so I recommend +300 crit factor, Forcefulness for Dungeon runs, Pounding for solo runs, Energetic for players under 200 ping or even lesser, Pumped for high pings cause that won't help you much, keen if you need to reach that optimal crit factor.

Priest I haven't tried yet, also those numbers and stuff I said are my personal preference that came from testing classes on IOD mostly with Guardian set mostly, so in longer fights I could see the numbers and how they show up with multiple builds, those Etchings II from IOD tokens helped to figure out some stuff lol

they use tools like meters or log exp from system chats for get spreed sheets and do maths for average min-max with their builts.

the 0.3 crit power in berzeker weapon is no optimal since you get crit power from nostrum and you can add this crit power with dyads ( aka keen dyad + 314 crit power in solo yolo mode ) and many zerks find hard crit instead have +300 crit factor + base ( im no sure if are bug for popori or somenting )

in sorcer, is forcelutness solo, and pouding in dungeons, since you can get more power since priest/mistic add +48 power ( akak you can get +200 in dungeons ) and in enraged phases power lose damage vs Damage rolls or pouding ( more power you have, less damage do forcelutness ), sorcer depend more for enrage phases since players thinks is more a burst damage.
    pumped IV is good choise if you already get + 300 crit + base for high ping ( many sorcers use energetics in weapon and slevess if they have a very low ping )
    im tested with 270 crit + 150 power (4 pumped Virks energetics IV + pumped IV etchins )and im can do 11 m with meteor in enrage phases but crit less times ( like 1 crit : 3 fails with meteor)

302 crit +133 power ( 4 keen virks, energetic IV---pumped IV etchings ) and im do more damage, 8-9 m with meteor in enrage phases but im crit more often (like 3 crits :2 fails with meteors),

• clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    2. Warrior: If not mistaken, +240 have been the scythe crit cap, so anything under that is a mistake, also around 30% of warrior damage had been said that comes from Blade Draw, so under +260 will effect Blade Draw definitely as you see way less white Blade Draw with +260, etching can be mixed with Pumped and Energetic, personal preference on warrior. I have doubts around Tank War tho, since Warrior get frontal crit buff, I think that number can still works for them, that needs more tests.

Those are HH numbers, where crit resist is higher than all the other content in the game.

At current, I am running 52 +192 for DPS and 52 + 198 for Tanking for all content outside of HH and I am not seeing any white hits from Scythe. Those figures are about 8 up from previous patch where I was running 52 + 180 and 52 + 190 respectively for all content outside of HH and not seeing any whites.

Caveat: For Warrior Tanking, Carving Crystal was used, due to the wierd interaction it has with Scythe.
  • clfarron4 wrote: »

Those are HH numbers, where crit resist is higher than all the other content in the game.

At current, I am running 52 +192 for DPS and 52 + 198 for Tanking for all content outside of HH and I am not seeing any white hits from Scythe. Those figures are about 8 up from previous patch where I was running 52 + 180 and 52 + 190 respectively for all content outside of HH and not seeing any whites.

Caveat: For Warrior Tanking, Carving Crystal was used, due to the wierd interaction it has with Scythe.

Oh, yeah, I updated it a bit, I was considering assault stance in the crit factor. my personal problem is I don't crit much, so I always consider having a bit more lol
  • Paizen wrote: »
    Well that sucks. lol I'll have to pay attention to that and try, if I can, offset that. :)

There are slayers that are running everything, including HH and doing fine dps, asking them about their builds right now is the best thing. But when comparing with other classes they fall short but still can manage those runs.
  • Was thinking of deleting my guardian set Lancer and create a Brawler because it pays off better at higher levels and I am interested in efficient IOD farming, heard full power build on Brawler is considered very good. Any surefire ideas around that?
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Ran into a Stormcry +6 archer today--they had +186 CF in a mystic party--and they were doing FINE.

Also, in another thread, someone was saying that +200 is the "soft" crit cap for archer. Presumably with a priest party.

So I tried swapping my keen vyrsks for power, and changed the roll on my circlet. Went from +242 CF to +212 CF. Yes I saw a little more white, but not as much as I expected and overall, killing things went faster.

Can anyone else confirm or deny whether this alternate approach is better or worse? I'm concerned about breaking shields in time.
  • > @Zestroia said:
    > Was thinking of deleting my guardian set Lancer and create a Brawler because it pays off better at higher levels and I am interested in efficient IOD farming, heard full power build on Brawler is considered very good. Any surefire ideas around that?

I was two times in groups where were brawler, lancer, melee, me (ranged) and healer. We did RK just fine. I would say it wasn't any longer than with dps and in a way faster because they still can avoid better.
  • LYC14LYC14 ✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »
    Ran into a Stormcry +6 archer today--they had +186 CF in a mystic party--and they were doing FINE.

Also, in another thread, someone was saying that +200 is the "soft" crit cap for archer. Presumably with a priest party.

So I tried swapping my keen vyrsks for power, and changed the roll on my circlet. Went from +242 CF to +212 CF. Yes I saw a little more white, but not as much as I expected and overall, killing things went faster.

Can anyone else confirm or deny whether this alternate approach is better or worse? I'm concerned about breaking shields in time.

Would like some confirmation about crit cap for Archers in this patch. I'm at +216 crit factor now, but I'm not sure what is the optimal+crit factor for Archers.
  • > @Zestroia said:
    > Was thinking of deleting my guardian set Lancer and create a Brawler because it pays off better at higher levels and I am interested in efficient IOD farming, heard full power build on Brawler is considered very good. Any surefire ideas around that?

I was two times in groups where were brawler, lancer, melee, me (ranged) and healer. We did RK just fine. I would say it wasn't any longer than with dps and in a way faster because they still can avoid better.

So, full Brawler dps is considered ok?
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need @seraphinush and @Idi0ticGenius halp us :3
    What we NEED are those DPS meters BHS said might be released next year
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭

DPS meters won't give exact numbers. That can only come from getting the crit formula and the exact crit resists of bosses.
  • biboy24biboy24 ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    i have +192 CF on my archer and its good. 90-100% on TB RA RF with 70%-80% total crits . when running with Mystic i go with 168 CF 100% on 3 major skills with 80%+ total crits
    Obs wrote: »

DPS meters won't give exact numbers. That can only come from getting the crit formula and the exact crit resists of bosses.

Then I'm not understanding how DPS meters work--I guess I just assumed the program recorded how much damage you did from first hit on boss to last and then divided by the number of seconds in the fight?

The idea of doing that manually--timing every fight and then going through the system tab to add up all my damage...UGH. But I guess it's more complicated than that?
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Obs wrote: »

Then I'm not understanding how DPS meters work--I guess I just assumed the program recorded how much damage you did from first hit on boss to last and then divided by the number of seconds in the fight?

The idea of doing that manually--timing every fight and then going through the system tab to add up all my damage...UGH. But I guess it's more complicated than that?

No. That's exactly how DPS meters work.

They do give you skill breakdowns of how much damage a skill did, crit chances, damage numbers, etc. However, you won't get any exact numbers out of it regarding crit chances because we simply do not know the formula for crit chance nor the crit resist factors of the bosses. It won't help you find the optimal Crit:Power ratios because there's just no way to find out the exact % dps gains from Crit Factor without the formulas, unlike values like Power and %damage lines.