There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (8/21) from 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. PDT

Deletion of "Urgent Letter from Seir"

So this item was automatically distributed to every character of x (429 or 431? not sure) ilvl when the dungeon Demon's Wheel came out. It started the quest for that dungeon that had a few rewards, and you had to complete the quest so the item would be removed from your inventory. That was a few small patches ago. Demon's Wheel has been removed from the dungeon rotation with the addition of the newest dungeons, Thaumetal Refinery and RK9 Hangar or Kennel w/e.
cERWnB7.png
The problem is, the quest item remains. You cannot discard it. You cannot do the quest to remove it from your inventory because the dungeon is not in the game.
gWxuLVA.png
I guess I can go to support and have them manually delete it - then I have to list multiple characters that have it, across a few servers too. What would be really appreciated is if EME can just remove it from everyone, like they have done with Kyra's Catalysts in the past. The item serves no use, and was supposed to be removed on completion of the quest anyway. It's just an inventory filler.

Comments

• For this, a bug report was already filed, to allow the item to just be discarded.
  • For this, a bug report was already filed, to allow the item to just be discarded.

Ah okay, are we just waiting for it in a future build then? Thank you!
  • I actually think GMs might be able to delete it from your inventory, even if you can't discard it. But considering Cobalt is saying a report was filed, I'd assume that's a negative.
  • JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    For this, a bug report was already filed, to allow the item to just be discarded.

Ah okay, are we just waiting for it in a future build then? Thank you!

It's in the hands of TERA's Developer ( Bluehole ) now, but yeah, I'd expect in an up-coming update, the current item's properties will be changed to allow it to be able to be discarded.

In the short term, if there is a need for immediate removal, the route is a Support Ticket with Character Name(s) / Server(s), and the item you're needing removed.
  • It's not able to be deleted with the most recent patch, is it safe to assume they won't change it? I was hoping to not look through as many characters to list them all to support.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    It's not able to be deleted with the most recent patch, is it safe to assume they won't change it? I was hoping to not look through as many characters to list them all to support.
    Issues being resolved have no specific time frame, especially for lower priorities. If you don't want to wait until BHS resolves it you are going to have to submit a ticket.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    It's not able to be deleted with the most recent patch, is it safe to assume they won't change it? I was hoping to not look through as many characters to list them all to support.
    Issues being resolved have no specific time frame, especially for lower priorities. If you don't want to wait until BHS resolves it you are going to have to submit a ticket.

I was asking if they knew anything, not complaining, not asking them to speed up.
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's in the long list of BHS' to-do list iirc. I wrote the list down somewhere but I can't find it atm.

Some of the stuff from that list were implemented in the KTERA test server, but I didn't get to test all of them.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »

I was asking if they knew anything, not complaining, not asking them to speed up.

I was letting you know they wouldn't know, there isn't ever a time frame for anything, it's when ever BHS decides they can do it considering there's a long list of things they have to fix and they prioritize the bigger issues that pop up. It's why I suggested sending in a ticket if you didn't want to wait until it happens.