[PC] We will be entering into server maintenance on 8/22 at 6am PDT. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

High Latency for Comcast Players 7 EST - 11 EST

135

Comments

  • I cant play DC every 20 min server AV rip ???? game rip ????
  • ping has been spiking all day, normally I get 50-70
    the whole day it's been anywhere from 150 - 800 making the game unplayable at times.
  • I don't know whats going on but right after the last maintenance. I've been experiencing the same issue. Can't even play for 30mins. Ping is fluctuating (too much lag) and game crashes every time. Any idea what should be causing these problems?
  • edited November 2017
    Suken wrote: »
    Any idea what should be causing these problems?
    All indications so far point to major routing related problems that are impacting a lot of people (but not everyone). If you can post your traceroute to diag.enmasse.com, this may show where the problem is happening for you... but there appear to be a lot of different problem routes right now.
  • LOL A random guy took me a screenshot, funny xD.


    Talking about your topic, that happens to me every day. I log in, the server disconnects me after a few minutes, I log in again and the game now runs without problems. I thought it could be my ISP, but I see more people with the same problem.


    Something that solved me enough when I had consecutive disconnections was to limit the bandwidth that my router shares. I realized that Smartphones sometimes get to occupy all the bandwidth (Automatic updates, youtube videos, netflix, spotify, etc). If you share the internet like me, maybe this is something that can help you.



  • RapunzzelRapunzzel ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Dreick wrote: »
    LOL A random guy took me a screenshot, funny xD.


    Talking about your topic, that happens to me every day. I log in, the server disconnects me after a few minutes, I log in again and the game now runs without problems. I thought it could be my ISP, but I see more people with the same problem.


    Something that solved me enough when I had consecutive disconnections was to limit the bandwidth that my router shares. I realized that Smartphones sometimes get to occupy all the bandwidth (Automatic updates, youtube videos, netflix, spotify, etc). If you share the internet like me, maybe this is something that can help you.



    lmao, that was a quic RG run anyways, before that [filtered] dc-

    Hmm i dont think sharing the bandwith is the problem, when I get back home from my work at morning im the only one using the net, and yet it keeps disconecting me. Its so anoying cuz i cant even play the basic dgs or farm the iod, at least now i know thats a problem that many players have been dealing with.
  • RapunzzelRapunzzel ✭✭
    edited November 2017

    [filtered] keyabord
  • Issue is consistent and happening again multiple times beginning from 7 EST! It lasts about 30 minutes and then is fine for about another 30 before starting up again.
  • DanbeasDanbeas ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Fentastic wrote: »
    Issue is consistent and happening again multiple times beginning from 7 EST! It lasts about 30 minutes and then is fine for about another 30 before starting up again.

    I've been having the same problem as yours. It started Monday afternoon and I keep getting either severe server lag or disconnected every 30 minutes.

    I thought Comcast might be the issue, but it's only happening when playing Tera.
  • I'm relieved to hear other people are having this problem too. I was running TERA fine and flawlessly until about two days ago then BOOM! Out of nowhere, random ping spikes from 100 to 1000. Talked to the ISP and everything was fine from their end. Now that I saw this though, I'm glad that it's on TERA's side cause at least THEY should know how to fix it! I'm complete trash when it comes to computer/internet stuff. Go, En Masse. Whoo.
  • Suken wrote: »
    Any idea what should be causing these problems?
    All indications so far point to major routing related problems that are impacting a lot of people (but not everyone). If you can post your traceroute to diag.enmasse.com, this may show where the problem is happening for you... but there appear to be a lot of different problem routes right now.

    S A V V I S node. I'm not even Comcast, they're getting it even worse.
  • edited November 2017
    Talked to the ISP and everything was fine from their end. Now that I saw this though, I'm glad that it's on TERA's side cause at least THEY should know how to fix it!
    The real problem is that it is neither your ISP (directly) or En Masse (directly). It's the backbone companies that connect the dots, and they're not directly responsible to either party. Basically, the entire problem is that there aren't just two sides, and that's why things get messy.

    For anyone who has this sort of trouble, the most useful thing you could do would be to do a traceroute to diag.enmasse.com and then send the resulting information to their special connectivity email [email protected] They've said they use this data to track down specific lag issues, so the more data they get sent, the better.
  • It's happening again tonight. This time it seems to be constant 130-150 ms and at times red spikes near 400-500
  • I mentioned this in the other thread, but if everyone could either post their traceroutes (to diag.enmasse.com) here, or send them to [email protected], that's the data they are apparently looking for right now to narrow down this issue.

  • in my case, the ping is not my problem, the big problem is DC every 20 min x_x
Sign In or Register to comment.