There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 7 - 11 A.M. PDT

High Latency for Comcast Players 7 EST - 11 EST

Comments

• MaxogMaxog ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I raised this issue to Comcast 2 weeks ago. Between 830pm est to 910 est is when the lag happens everyday.

We have to work TOGETHER to get this done.

Ask them to escalate ticket number CR738330525 via any method available - live chat, phone, email, etc. Thanks everyone.
  • niahh wrote: »
    in my case, the ping is not my problem, the big problem is DC every 20 min x_x

Exactly.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    niahh wrote: »

Most likely, the cause is the same -- some giant spike in the route on the way to the server. Unfortunately, because of that, it might be hard to catch it on a traceroute, unless you're using a program that constantly monitors it.
  • Every night for the past week, I've been sitting at 125-499ms all night long. Makes it hard for me to farm dailies right after work :(. I normally sit at 25-39ms btw..
  • This isn't TERA or Comcast's issue. This is an issue with a third party connecting the two main parties (and you).

Follow counterpoint's instructions and that'll be the best way to help them gather data to work on, even though they can't do much themselves.
  • welcome to Tera NA
  • Please submit a DX Diag to diag@enmasse.com - we have opened tickets with providers that are routing players all over the place.
  • Please don't just post the diag results here. We have opened tickets due to crazy routing issues and need them sent to diag@enmasse.com to make sure the network operations folks see these.
  • Well, I believe @counterpoint forwarded this image along, but if any of you are having the issues please don't count on just posting to the forums. In order for us to have real visibility we need you to send these to the above email address.
  • Naru2008 wrote: »
    This isn't TERA or Comcast's issue. This is an issue with a third party connecting the two main parties (and you).

Follow counterpoint's instructions and that'll be the best way to help them gather data to work on, even though they can't do much themselves.

THIS.
  • Naru2008 wrote: »
    This isn't TERA or Comcast's issue. This is an issue with a third party connecting the two main parties (and you).

THIS.

Damn we ask for some acknowledgement and we get one word quoting someone else. I think for the most part we get it's not TERA SERVERS, but it is EME's choice in routing services. We were not always on Savvis. Yeah Zayo sucked too. At one point we were even on both Savvis and Zayo at the same time. Are there really no other alternatives? (Yes I've asked this before. As always Counterpoint responds more than EME does, saying that only EME knows. While EME is not saying anything, I really hope they are looking into it. I'm amazed I still have hope honestly.)
  • niahh wrote: »

Are you in the south - either of the US or South America? Some people have mentioned that this is a recurring thing as well.
  • So far, I only dc'ed twice like this recently (the many other times are my ISP's fault) but I've never had so many people dc in my parties like I have atm. It's just ridiculous. Just this night, they were taking turns in who's dc'ing next. And while I should feel lucky because i was able to join several in-progress runs and therefore finish the dungeons faster, I simply feel bad for those who do all the effort for nothing, lose dungeon entries, and have to find a new party just to have the same thing happen again and again.
    I know it's not EME's fault, but I hope they can sort things out once they get enough data from the players affected by this.
  • Saw everyone have a spike lag so I decided to do my trace route.

This is mine:
    anc1g8.png

( I did not suffer any lag.)