[PC] Maintenance is completed!

(Just Close this seeing how the HOUNDS have taken over like usual)

Seriously, guys, it's getting old fast. They are doing the best they can they are working as hard and as fast as they can. They are still trying to tally up sales and a full amount from this weekends fundraiser, they have a lot of auction winner prizes to give out still as well as trying to update the vanguard shop, the federation bills shop, buddy up rewards, and fashion coupon shop. Yelling at them, demanding they do it faster is just going to frustrate everyone. I know it's aggravating but they are working on it, and it will be happening soon. Please try to remain calm , instead of stressing the Mods and gms like @Halrath @seandynamite @Spacecats out. Making demands is not going to get you guys anyway so just chill.

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most players that are rude and making demands in forums are not even playing the game or just show up during events.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Well this is a community that want want wants. Game is fine as is, nothing is in "dire need of attention" like players claim. The complainers need to just shut up and look at the development roadmap.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    Most players that are rude and making demands in forums are not even playing the game or just show up during events.

This is a pretty general assumption with nothing to really back it up. How do you know that "most" don't even play the game? I would agree with "some," just like there is some unknown amount that play this game often that comment on the forums with relevant points, suggestions, and sometimes complaints.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Which complaints are you talking about, exactly? Because most of the complaints I see have to do with:
    a) server lag
    b) buying something and not getting it in the item claim
    c) low population in worlds outside of TR/MT

Of those complaints, I feel like all three are quite valid, with B being most valid, A being valid if you're subscribing for elite and can't even play the game you're paying 15 dollars a month for, and C being valid if you feel like your enjoyment hinges on playing in a well populated server. If you're talking about the kinds of people who complain when the game goes down for scheduled maintenance or for a very necessary maintenance, then YEAH I could agree with you, but people who're mad that they're not getting the thing they paid for have every right to be and should be given a response that lets them know if they should take their money elsewhere or not.

I'm mostly upset because I was having enough fun with the game to actually renew my elite subscription, and now not even a week later the game's laggy every night. And it's not just me, you can check the forums where a bunch of other people are having the same problem. And then there's no official response, and we have to deal with people like you acting like all anyone's complaining about are charity event streams. Many complaints here are actually valid. This thread is just a generalization echo chamber for fanboys who act like they're paid a penny per post.

edit: And for what it's worth, I'm completely aware that the faces we see representing the company are rarely the people who can actually make things run/work properly. I've worked customer service gigs before; I totally get it. One of the main reasons I stopped was because I got sick of being a face for an inept organization. So I'm not saying "yeah be rude to people who didn't directly cause your problem," but I see like, LesbianVi making massive generalizations and Ayi acting like wanting servers that don't give 600ms every night is a trivial "want want want" and not something that's required to play the game, and I have to call these dumb posts out for what they are.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    1. I am an elite member, I am not lagging in the least and haven't been for over a month now. I pay a decent amount for this game, even donated 100.00 during their charity event.
    2. I was one of the people who bought items and didn't get them, I contacted a GM and got them right away.

For the record neither of these are what I am talking about I am talking about the people Demanding Vanguards be changed IMMEDIATELY or that Fashion coupons, buddy up codes, etc etc be updated immediately while not considering that they have to test everything first. I get latency, dead servers, and not getting items is annoying but people need to understand things like vanguard shops etc are secondary to Real issues.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they never updated in-game stuff just to focus on Real Issues then we'd never get updated in-game stuff............................ Ever

not sure if you noticed but the Real Issues are forever, on-going and never really stop.
    Ardire wrote: »
    if they never updated in-game stuff just to focus on Real Issues then we'd never get updated in-game stuff............................ Ever

not sure if you noticed but the Real Issues are forever, on-going and never really stop.

What is your argument here? They told us updates to vanguards, fashion coupons, fed bills, buddy up and rewards are all coming. It's listed on the road map, THey Are COMINGGGGG they cannot just drop everything and [filtered] them out immediately and it's disrespectful as hell to demand they speed it up to suit you.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    you're right totally disrespectful to ask for something people have been asking to be updated for literal years (fashion coupons being the kicker here) to the point where the actual community did EME's job for them and compiled countless of images and names of various weapons and armors

i'll be a good little lamb and shut up for the next 3 years to suit your idea of respect
  • 1. I am an elite member, I am not lagging in the least and haven't been for over a month now. I pay a decent amount for this game, even donated 100.00 during their charity event.
    2. I was one of the people who bought items and didn't get them, I contacted a GM and got them right away.

For the record neither of these are what I am talking about I am talking about the people Demanding Vanguards be changed IMMEDIATELY or that Fashion coupons, buddy up codes, etc etc be updated immediately while not considering that they have to test everything first. I get latency, dead servers, and not getting items is annoying but people need to understand things like vanguard shops etc are secondary to Real issues.

1. I'm an elite member and have been for like the last 2 years. I and my elite member friends have been lagging awfully for the last few days. And still lagging for the few weeks before, but just somewhat less awful, since right now is really quite bad.
    2. That's good that the money part of their game is working smoothly honestly.

I think you're over exaggerating about the immediacy. Some people don't know about the roadmap, it is relatively new. People also ask repeat questions on these forums a ton. Sure maybe they are not the most informed, but it's not often I find that they are super flaming and demanding. EME has their fair share of empty promises and other mishaps that do carry over and sometimes cloud issues when discussing a specific topic. Both sides are at fault there, if anything it's their repeated behavior in the past.
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Bipolar much? Weren't you the one going ballistic on EME when their store screwed up and you didn't get what you were trying to buy?
    They enjoy fcking the players over. People who spent money on buying mounts during the weekend, never receiving the mounts, or even getting refunded lol. Yes, Give us your money but never see the items you wanted hahaha We are Eme We will screw the player over.
    Pixelator wrote: »
    Bipolar much? Weren't you the one going ballistic on EME when their store screwed up and you didn't get what you were trying to buy?
    They enjoy fcking the players over. People who spent money on buying mounts during the weekend, never receiving the mounts, or even getting refunded lol. Yes, Give us your money but never see the items you wanted hahaha We are Eme We will screw the player over.

I was frustrated when they refunded everyone and closed my Ticket without answering it, as any person would have been. And so fcking what if I'm Bipolar, hating on people with mental disorders makes you look like such a wonderful person doesn't it?
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    1. I am an elite member, I am not lagging in the least and haven't been for over a month now. I pay a decent amount for this game, even donated 100.00 during their charity event.

1. I'm an elite member and have been for like the last 2 years. I and my elite member friends have been lagging awfully for the last few days. And still lagging for the few weeks before, but just somewhat less awful, since right now is really quite bad.
    2. That's good that the money part of their game is working smoothly honestly.

I think you're over exaggerating about the immediacy. Some people don't know about the roadmap, it is relatively new. People also ask repeat questions on these forums a ton. Sure maybe they are not the most informed, but it's not often I find that they are super flaming and demanding. EME has their fair share of empty promises and other mishaps that do carry over and sometimes cloud issues when discussing a specific topic. Both sides are at fault there, if anything it's their repeated behavior in the past.

I've been Elite since elite was even a thing and can go all the way back to back it up , the only time I had issues with latency was when comcast was screwed up horribly the other day. Contacted comcast got the issue fixed easy peasy and not over Exaggerating I've watched a lot of topics where people have repeatedly ganged up on the GMS and Mods to the point of them closing topics and getting stressed out and I do feel people need to cut them some slack.
    Ardire wrote: »
    you're right totally disrespectful to ask for something people have been asking to be updated for literal years (fashion coupons being the kicker here) to the point where the actual community did EME's job for them and compiled countless of images and names of various weapons and armors

i'll be a good little lamb and shut up for the next 3 years to suit your idea of respect

You do get they can't move without getting permission to do so and that the Fashion coupons will be updated in December right? Your entire arguement is just ignorant, the staff is doing the best they can. Things will get done and soon just look at the damn Roadmap.
    Margarethe wrote: »
    If the posts are made in a respectful manner without insults, I fail to see the issue.
    Or should we keep the forums only for white knights and compliments?

Posts are one thing, going in on a GM/Mods posts and attacking like dogs so much so that the GMS and Mods just give up is another.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Margarethe wrote: »
    If the posts are made in a respectful manner without insults, I fail to see the issue.
    Or should we keep the forums only for white knights and compliments?

Posts are one thing, going in on a GM/Mods posts and attacking like dogs so much so that the GMS and Mods just give up is another.

Attacking the GM/Mods have been a thing on almost every forum game.

Previous crew on Tera were also attacked as much as the new crew because nothing was like that greener pastures some people want to make think the new players it was in the old days.

Lag, shop issues, in-game bugs, etc... every one of the current issue we have are as old as Tera, the only diference is that new crew is trying to change somethings in the game and are giving feedback about what they are trying to do. New crew have even tried to work together with some players in some way being backstabed for them.

Exploits and hacks, third party software, some players of the comunity looking to make caos in forums and baiting others to start a flame war in comunity channels.

All of that has been going on in this game and will keep becuase there are people interested in the game.

Some complain as if they owned the game or even the lifes of the crew or other players, others make their complains in making sense and being detailed about their reasons without spiting insults and call outs on others, others complain only for the sake of making fun on the reaction of the people.

Such is the human behaviour in real life.
This discussion has been closed.