[PC] Maintenance will begin on 6/20 at 8am PDT, and is expected to last for 3 hours. For more information, please view the following thread: http://bit.ly/2MYtJv6

Race change Gunners to Elin

Will Gunners be able to do a race change into the new Elin?

Comments

• edited November 2017
    The latest word is that you won't be able to. At first there was some suggestion that they might allow it in EU, but apparently it won't be allowed there either. It wasn't allowed in K-TERA either (though in their case it was because it was time-limited), so maybe it's an across-the-board thing.
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope EME lets us race change. Or is it BHS saying no to other reasons?
  • Dokibun wrote: »
    I really hope EME lets us race change. Or is it BHS saying no to other reasons?

They won't be allowing a race change for one logical reason. They plan to do a level up event for the elin gunners. Like before I imagine, they will have rewards for the first to 65. Existing gunners allowed race changes would get the rewards ,I imagine this is the same as the level 60 scrolls that you can't use with new classes.
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    RIP having to re-buy and re-gear then. :l
  • Will gunners be allowed to race change once the leveling event ends then ? I would love to have Elin gunner but I can't delete my current due to memories it holds and costumes, mounts etc. And I don't want to have 2 gunners :c
  • Yube wrote: »
    Will gunners be allowed to race change once the leveling event ends then ? I would love to have Elin gunner but I can't delete my current due to memories it holds and costumes, mounts etc. And I don't want to have 2 gunners :c

I'm not a GM or anything but I am willing to bet after the event you should be able to race change. Typically after leveling event's the level 60 scrolls work for a race so I don't see why a Race change would be any different. @Halrath @Spacecats @BearShoes @seandynamite Can maybe one of you kind GMS confirm this please?
  • It's confirmed that race changes will NOT be allowed. I want to say this was addressed during the Twitch stream on Oct 20 (we also addressed being able to only make Elin Gunners for a limited time - that's not the case. You'll have all the time you need to create one) but I could be wrong about the date.

In any case - to have an Elin Gunner you have to create a new character.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    It's confirmed that race changes will NOT be allowed. I want to say this was addressed during the Twitch stream on Oct 20 (we also addressed being able to only make Elin Gunners for a limited time - that's not the case. You'll have all the time you need to create one) but I could be wrong about the date.

In any case - to have an Elin Gunner you have to create a new character.

Thanks for the update and reminder for those of us that missed the stream.

Could you please address whether EME will be giving us a character slot or increasing the number of characters per server?
  • Max character slots will increase to 18, and we'll be giving out a free character slot voucher as a login reward (one per account) in order to unlock it. If you're capped out on a server, make sure you log into one of your characters before making your Gunner so you can use that voucher and get your free slot.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Max character slots will increase to 18, and we'll be giving out a free character slot voucher as a login reward (one per account) in order to unlock it. If you're capped out on a server, make sure you log into one of your characters before making your Gunner so you can use that voucher and get your free slot.

How cool is that! Thanks in bunches, for the official info and the voucher! Me dances the happy dance ...
  • @Spacecats So, what happends to those who already have a gunner and want it to be elin? Do we gotta pay for that then?
  • FenixGX wrote: »
    So, what happends to those who already have a gunner and want it to be elin? Do we gotta pay for that then?

You can't. They're basically treating it as if it were a totally separate class.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    sort've semi-related. but this makes me wonder how they're gonna treat male brawler-- how ktera is even. will people be able to gender change their already existing brawlers? god i hope so
  • So. Basically eme is forcing people to do again another outdated class just cuz its an elin?......
  • Sethryan wrote: »
    So. Basically eme is forcing people to do again another outdated class just cuz its an elin?......

They aren't forcing people to do anything. They don't have a gun to your head demanding you play an Elin Gunner, you can if you want, no one is forcing anything.