BHS New Game Project W

Comments

• Wait, Gyrocopter?!?
  • cinematic 5 fps LUL
  • FirepenguinFirepenguin ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    You can tell its a BHS game when even the trailer is laggy.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn why bhs are able to have 20 millions players with pubs, but are unable to have same result with tera :s
  • edited November 2017
    vkobe wrote: »
    damn why bhs are able to have 20 millions players with pubs, but are unable to have same result with tera :s

MMORPGs are a "dying" (well, diminishing) genre, sadly. MOBAs and pick-up-and-play games are in.

• This is CLEARLY a more steampunk version of Aion with TERA and BDO features. Wings and flight are things that Aion seemed to have pioneered right along the time TERA was in development. The art-style is very Aion-esque, too. That said, I'm certainly interested but I'm extremely terrified of Kakao/Daum. They make EME look competent by comparison.
  • Moving to off-topic since this isn't exactly TERA related. Still we are excited to see Project W from Bluehole and it's really cool to see the game emerge for the public.
  • It looks like they borrowed a LOT from Final Fantasy -- even down to the art style -- with some things thrown in from Archeage and a few others. From the trailers, it's definitely not something I'd ever play, but it is interesting. Far FAR too many game-modes; character combat, airship, personal flight, walker mounts, etc. etc.. They're spread too thin to do any one mode right. Take a look at SWTOR, which has mulitiple combat modes, but the player base pretty much ignores everything but the character-based ones.

It's much too much analysis to put onto a single trailer, but It reminds me a bit of the ambitions of Vanguard, which was an abysmal flop due to in part to spreading themselves too thin -- lots of nice ideas, none of which were ever fully implemented. BHS is a studio with great creativity on the art and game-design side, but their engine developers can't optimize Tera or even produce a 64-bit version of it to handle the texture data required for modern resolutions. That implies BHS lacks either the will or ability follow through on the features implicit in the trailer.
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    > @Spacecats said:
    > Moving to off-topic since this isn't exactly TERA related. Still we are excited to see Project W from Bluehole and it's really cool to see the game emerge for the public.

I figured you guys would, but was gonna Let you guys move it. Also why isn't EME publishing this new BHS game? Seems Like you guys would be their first choice.

@Spacecats @Halrath
  • We might see it earlier than expected. Since BH is expect to do global CBT in early 2018. If you are interested you can check out global official site here https://www.airthegame.com/teaser

Also here are some rough idea what A:IR is like from BH media showcase interview.
    > Leveling takes around 20 hours. You can do with quest, world quest etc. also Solo friendly as well.
    > Still thinking about releasing on other platform.
    > It takes time and effort to convert to UE4, so A:IR is using UE3 to developed.
    > Strong point of A:IR? Unique Explorer mission and world quests. Try not to make them boring to do.
    > Housing is focused on farming and such rather than indoor customising. You can also customise monster as pet/mount.
    > Field contents are not restricted to level. You will be able to go anywhere as you wish to. Also most quests are auto generated so people will pick preferred quests to have fun rather than forced to do boring fixed stuffs.
    > Your flying ship will be much more important later on, especially in end game contents. You will be able to customise lots (armament, looks etc.) your ship as you like it. Even be able to command huge ship (with whooping 75 people) in fleet battle (RvR/GvG).
    > Lot of PvP action. Duel with other flying ship, assault huge ship, invade flying fortress etc..
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vunak wrote: »
    > @Spacecats said:
    > Moving to off-topic since this isn't exactly TERA related. Still we are excited to see Project W from Bluehole and it's really cool to see the game emerge for the public.

I figured you guys would, but was gonna Let you guys move it. Also why isn't EME publishing this new BHS game? Seems Like you guys would be their first choice.

@Spacecats @Halrath

Tera, PUGB, 3rd heavy game would have need lots of resources and Kokao showed they can handle big games.
  • Legolam wrote: »
    No Elins? pass.......
    Legolam wrote: »
    No Elins? pass.......

Sounds like the best part, other than it running at more than 20 FPS.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    vkobe wrote: »
    Because:

1) Grind and Farming suck.
    2) PvP >>>>>>>>>>>> PvE. (we all know what TERA focuses on, stupidly)
  • Why isn't this published by EmE ??

Are the retards at BHS went over 9k the [filtered] scale and choosed the worst garbage publisher possible : Kakao (the morons responsible for the Grind/Afk game that is Bdo), as an Ex-Bdo player in Europe i would take even gameforge than Kakao any single day!!

I guess i'll just uncheck this game off my list, just like i did with Bless when i knew Aeria games is going to publish it.

Also who's the idiot who said ? Kakao can be trusted in big title ?

I might sound aggressive, but there is a min level of stupid a sane person can endure per day, and the above informations have enough stupid to last for few years ...
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Atorisan wrote: »
    Why isn't this published by EmE ??

Are the retards at BHS went over 9k the [filtered] scale and choosed the worst garbage publisher possible : Kakao (the morons responsible for the Grind/Afk game that is Bdo), as an Ex-Bdo player in Europe i would take even gameforge than Kakao any single day!!

I guess i'll just uncheck this game off my list, just like i did with Bless when i knew Aeria games is going to publish it.

Also who's the idiot who said ? Kakao can be trusted in big title ?

I might sound aggressive, but there is a min level of stupid a sane person can endure per day, and the above informations have enough stupid to last for few years ...

The only thing Kakao did that was really bad was horrible server location. Kakao isn't behind the actual development of BDO. That is like blaming EME for class imbalance in TERA. Kakao is just the Publisher. Pearl Abyss was the developer behind BDO and all the games bad systems like fail stacking and endless grind all fall on them.

However I am worried they will place the servers in the same location as BDOs and have terrible performance like BDO because of it. I never understood why they decided to put the servers on the furthest part of the west coast away from their highest areas of population which would be the along the east coast... I mean there is a reason League and other games moved their servers from the West to a more centralized location.

That said I would of rather of seen EME get the title. EME is a lot more personal with its community than Kakao is. EME does streams and things of that nature to get information out. But its not like EME is perfect. I am honestly just glad TRION didn't get it as that would of been another good game wasted on a terrible company.