[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

New Class!

I totes loved the ninja class update! Elins are sooo cute XD

But it feels like we are only getting gender and race-restricted class updates..
Although it is more efficient to develop new classes based on popular gender/race, I still wish we could get more choice when it comes to new class update

Comments

• RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I dont really get why people make it a big deal. Im only after the Class. I dont care if its gender lock.

The reason I only play Female characters from the start is, Who would want to stare at a mans Buttocks when playing. Except for you girl games :)
  • MalheinMalhein ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    i would love to have a male brawler instead, maybe amani or human, so good
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want my amani brawler and castanic ninja..... And a popori gunner.
  • I vote for baraka ninja
    Natsume260 wrote: »
    RKC wrote: »
    I dont really get why people make it a big deal. Im only after the Class. I dont care if its gender lock.

The reason I only play Female characters from the start is, Who would want to stare at a mans Buttocks when playing. Except for you girl games :)

that's why p*rvert dudes play female chars even that are not gender locked^

So u agree for dude playing ninja?
  • SawaoSawao ✭✭
    Femani/Amani/Human Male brawlers and MCast/MHElf gunners and I'll be satisfied.
  • I just really dont like the sexualization of the game, especially elins. they race lock to elin because they make the most money off of pedophiles and girls who will waste money on cute things. They get both in one with the elin, i personally find the bobble heads and giant eyes creepy, but anyway... I don't mind playing other female races, but i would like male classes. My main is always an extension of myself so obviously it has to be male. I would rather see myself as an epic character than a half naked girl, I am not a half naked girl. lol
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Natsume260 wrote: »

that's why p*rvert dudes play female chars even that are not gender locked^

Hey Im not embarrassed about it, I like to look at female Buttocks. I would rather say what I feel rather than those people who say they hate gender lock but has 16 female characters, or who says they hate elins but are closet pedos.

Come on guys really. You hate, you rage, but at the end a class is a class.
  • This is the urgent! Amani is facing global extinction.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    My own character choices are mostly femani and elin. Femani because of her strong woman look, and elin because of the whole underdog factor of having someone weak looking being able to fight for herself. I also don't see elins as children but that's just my view and opinion which I'm not going to try and shove into anybody else's mind. I'm male. I don't need to hide that from anyone. But in difference to others, I don't see my characters as any representation of myself in game, since from my point of view, I'm just watching a story that I happen to have some little control over it. So my characters are just that. My characters. To make a true representation of myself in such media, I'd need to create it and my story from the ground up by myself, and no actual game so far offers that. Only Second Life offers a hint of it and that's not even a game.

Anyway, I feel I'm derailing the subjects here. I still want to see more genders and races for the new classes. I also like Manamani but would have preferred him as brawler.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    I'm also the same way. I always play male classes.

I did make some reapers for questing, but even them, I made look like boys and gave then boy names, lol.

I wish they'd work on adding new races/genders to the already released classes, instead of making new gender locked classes.

In other words, don't make a new male only class, but instead, add male to existing classes instead. That would be a better use of time right now.
  • YuhataYuhata ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I tend to play which ever gender I feel better fits the class. I have male and female characters. Buuuuuut.....I want a Popori Ninja!
  • FalsifierFalsifier ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I gave up on the s'e'x/race lock long ago

I don't play these new classes not because I don't like the races they are locked too , I actually have a character for every race and s'e'x

can't play a class when there's no choice , no personality , no individuality ... is there even a point to play a game like Tera without the option to anything of your own ?

Me ...

• My characters are a mix of both male and female. I'm a hetero male. Is it really normal for people to be preoccupied with staring at the buttocks of their characters when they play? I thought this game required two hands. I must be playing it wrong.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    My characters are a mix of both male and female. I'm a hetero male. Is it really normal for people to be preoccupied with staring at the buttocks of their characters when they play? I thought this game required two hands. I must be playing it wrong.

I don't know as well. Sure, I do like to see something nice or cute on screen from time to time, but from that to just seeing that certain part of the humanoid body? Hm, no.
  • My characters are a mix of both male and female. I'm a hetero male. Is it really normal for people to be preoccupied with staring at the buttocks of their characters when they play? I thought this game required two hands. I must be playing it wrong.

I think the point is just to say they'd rather look at a character they find cute or attractive, as the case may be.

The big difference at the end of the day seems to be that some people play MMOs for a sense of "immersion" like they're imagining that they are their character. Other people just see themselves as guiding/controlling the character on screen, so it isn't actually "them". People in the latter camp are probably much more likely to choose their character based only on aesthetics (a look they find cute/attractive/cool/etc.), whereas people in the former camp are more likely to choose something that reflects their self-image or the self-image they want to project (because their character is "them"). This is basically why the two points of view don't understand each other, and we have this sort of argument on the forum so often.