[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Just spent 200k trying to upgrade from frostmetal..

Just spent 200k trying to get my +9 frostmetal robe to stormcry..and it didn't work. It was almost triple gear xp too. ;_; Wtf is this enchanting system

Comments

• Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately when you have 100% chance, there's always that 0.0000000000000001% chance you can fail.

It sucks, but unfortunately, there's always that one chance, because the game rounds up on your chance percentages.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    I failed 12 times in a row with near max xp, costing a shitload of mats
  • are you ppl that dumb and don't see the exact success %? duh, you can fail 10 times if the chance is 40%
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    How many attempts ?
  • Naru2008 wrote: »
    Unfortunately when you have 100% chance, there's always that 0.0000000000000001% chance you can fail.

It sucks, but unfortunately, there's always that one chance, because the game rounds up on your chance percentages.

Man. I've even run tests on this, on video even, and I have yet to replicate this. There is absolutely no reason to believe that you can fail at 100%.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Naru2008 wrote: »

Man. I've even run tests on this, on video even, and I have yet to replicate this. There is absolutely no reason to believe that you can fail at 100%.

I'd like for you to explain how people fail with 100% then. They've even posted pictures on the forums showing they were at 100% and failed.
  • ValiantCorvusValiantCorvus ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

I'd like for you to explain how people fail with 100% then. They've even posted pictures on the forums showing they were at 100% and failed.

I've yet to see any of these pictures. The only way that's possible is if they didn't quite have full item exp on twistshard, but it was showing 100% because it rounded up.

Maxed item exp on twistshard = 100% success chance.
  • I think people are still confusing max item XP with being 100% success rate for enchant/upgrade. Also, triple max item XP is no different than single max item XP.

I'm really curious to see photos or videos of someone with 100% success enchant rate and failing.
  • There were no pictures or videos people proving failing at 100% success rate that I know of. Frostmetal is the high tier gear and even with max xp the success chance is still around 50%? every fail gets u extra 3% success chance.
  • Same here, I have yet to see any of those claims provided with pictures to validate that it can fail at 100%. And like the few posters above, I hope they're not talking about EXP. Frostmetal at 100% EXP is like what, 6x%? Can't remember the exact numbers. Though, as for the OP, you're probably unlucky I guess. I upgraded two of my pieces in less than 3 tries per piece.
  • kubitoid wrote: »
    proof on fail with 300% xp pls

Triple gear xp.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Craft yourself. I had 2 fails for each piece of gear when did 2-5 scry. It cost only the gold needed for enchant.
  • feelsgoodman
  • Excuse me but when was it guaranteed to convert into Stormcry, and when the [filtered] did it cost 200k gold?