The Dungeon Highlight News Post Forgot an Important Phrase.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-dungeon-highlight-thaumetal-refinery

Starting Friday, November 10 at 10 a.m. PST, and continuing until the following Tuesday, November 14 at 8 a.m. PST, completing Thaumetal Refinery (Normal)—that is, by defeating Garuuksalk, the final boss—yields a bonus drop of one of the following items (determined at random):

Miner Hat ×1
Smart Dyad Niveot Structure ×1
Superior Noctenium Elixir ×1
Titan's Earth ×4
Titan's Storm ×4

This tells me that every time my party kills Garuuksalk, he drops the jackpot. Every time. There is no conditional phrase in there like "may" or "chance" or "might" to be found in there. The news post expressly says something contrary to the event that is running right now, as I have just completed six Thaumetal Refinery Normal Mode and have seen one Miner Hat, zero Smart Dyad Niveot Structures, zero Superior Noctenium Elixirs, and a typical number of Titan's Earth and Titan's Storm drops.

Comments

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the miner hat dropped, did 1 go to everyone in the group? Or was it 1 hat rolled individually among all five members of the party?
  • For us it was only 1 that dropped that the party rolled for
  • One Miner's Hat that the five party members roll on where one person gets it. A contact of mine asserts that the Superior Noctenium Elixir and Smart Dyad Niveot Structure are shared for the party like Kyra's Catalysts are.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10
    Flonnechan wrote: »
    One Miner's Hat that the five party members roll on where one person gets it. A contact of mine asserts that the Superior Noctenium Elixir and Smart Dyad Niveot Structure are shared for the party like Kyra's Catalysts are.
    Vasnah wrote: »
    For us it was only 1 that dropped that the party rolled for

What a letdown tbh. Is it at least tradeable?
  • BattlePopoBattlePopo ✭✭
    edited November 10
    OP is correct. These drop rates are [filtered]
    Make jackpots guaranteed, even winning trash would be better than absolutely nothing.
  • Think so but not 100% sure, Stopped doing TR after that run since for me I am disappointed in both this event and how the game has been going lately. Oh well, debating on canceling elite for the first time in forever due to the last couple of days in game.
  • No one complained during the DW Highlight Event I think and that was a decent one. Why can't they just keep it the way it was?
  • MirakaelMirakael ✭✭✭
    Ahh. very rare drop for smart dyad :/
  • This are things that make you wonder, why to play tera events at all sometimes.
  • admonituadmonitu ✭✭✭
    You roll for a jackpot. Nice. Of course TERA would never part with RNG. Who the [filtered] would waste time running TRH for a [filtered] chance to get an item. lol. I guess they won't realize that everyone hate TRH.
  • admonitu wrote: »
    You roll for a jackpot. Nice. Of course TERA would never part with RNG. Who the [filtered] would waste time running TRH for a [filtered] chance to get an item. lol. I guess they won't realize that everyone hate TRH.

They would require playing their own game to have such insight.
  • Event needs some tweaks. I posted this in the other thread:

"Given the state of the game right now and the fact that chat is disabled, it's not exactly an ideal time to be running this event. At the same time, it doesn't hurt to keep the event running in it's current form throughout this weekend for those that wish to participate.

Given the circumstances, I want to provide the community some reassurance that we will run this event again in the very near future with some tweaks to make it more rewarding based on the feedback we've received."
  • Event needs some tweaks. I posted this in the other thread:

"Given the state of the game right now and the fact that chat is disabled, it's not exactly an ideal time to be running this event. At the same time, it doesn't hurt to keep the event running in it's current form throughout this weekend for those that wish to participate.

Given the circumstances, I want to provide the community some reassurance that we will run this event again in the very near future with some tweaks to make it more rewarding based on the feedback we've received."

It will be a real improvement if for once in the history of EME you guys can run an event with out [filtered] it up.
  • I have to admit that event announcement was REALLY misleading.

I'm...not sure how you thought that text described the drop/reward that people are reporting.

Reading it, seems very clear that boss death = extra reward. What wasn't clear was how many of the party got one, but since the text says nothing about randomly assigning the reward to one person, it was reasonable to presume everyone got it. But I was willing to believe it was party not person and the text was a bit wrong.

But this? WOW. The only thing I can think of is that the person who wrote the copy is not the same as the person who put in the rewards, and each had a different idea about what was supposed to happen.