[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes
[TERA PC] Server maintenance is scheduled for 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. PT on Tuesday, July 7. For details, please visit this thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

so hows Elin Online... i mean, TERA doing these days?

24

Comments

  • Pumpedd wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Every couple of days, someone makes a thread like this.

    I say, jump off a bridge. would you do it?

    If you wanna play a game, you just do it, if you don't, you just don't. Sick and tired of these troll threads.

    as for elin online, people should be thankful for elins since they are the ones bringing in all the money and players.

    And how many more players would tera have if there werent no elins. I can name a large amount of people i personally know who wouldve played tera if it wasent for the sexualization of elins

    Dont think like a tunnel because it goes both ways.

    less than 100 people you know didn't or quit playing tera due to elins. the downfall of tera hasn't been because of elins and genderlocking classes. poor decisions by bhs and servers hurt tera. so the few people you speak of that doesn't play because of elins is only a drop in the bucket in comparison to the ones that do play as elins.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the content you were doing 2,3,4 years ago, don't worry you'll still be doing the EXACT same content.

    nope we have more cute elin :3
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pumpedd wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Every couple of days, someone makes a thread like this.

    I say, jump off a bridge. would you do it?

    If you wanna play a game, you just do it, if you don't, you just don't. Sick and tired of these troll threads.

    as for elin online, people should be thankful for elins since they are the ones bringing in all the money and players.

    And how many more players would tera have if there werent no elins. I can name a large amount of people i personally know who wouldve played tera if it wasent for the sexualization of elins

    Dont think like a tunnel because it goes both ways.

    Guess what, the majority of the people I know in real life that got into TERA, like Elins or got into the game BECAUSE of Elins.
    And I love those "elin sexualization" crap people spill every second, like I can remember of 2 costumes (Devilicious and playboy bunny one) that are sexualized, then innerwear which is... well... Innerwear for Arum's sake.
    Then a ton of the other costumes that they get, they either get the same or a TONED DOWN version.
    Check last maid ones for an example.
  • Male brawler is on the way ^^
  • I don't understand why people can't just pass what they don't like. Don't like elins? Don't play one and have in friends only those who play other races. What is the decease of people who always want all world fit their dreams and ideas of how it should be? Kids who create threads about elins in negative view have to grow up and accept that others don't care what they think how it (Tera, world, dinner, marriage, etc) should be.
    P.s. A post of an elin unlover.
  • I started in spring this year and gave up after a while. Running the same dungeons everyday became old too fast and even the fun combat could not keep me interested long enough, after all there is more to an MMO then the combat system. Came back for the new enchant system, which I think is better, as well as gathering and crafting, because I heard it has been revived and I love crafting in every MMO I have played, but the high requirement for gold for enchanting and the crafting only relating to enchanting were a bummer. Then the chat vulnerability came out and I stopped playing, obviously because of security concerns. I thought they would fix this fast, but it looks like probably not, so I think I am just going to give up on not only Tera, but all MMOs and pick up a IRL hobby, or something.

    I think the fall of MMOs in general and not only Tera is when they adopted the free to play, or micro transactions model. I remember when we had the subscription model in MMOs, updates meant lots of new stuff, like maps, raids, dungeons, sieges, crafting, etc, all fun stuff to explore for months after the update. Developers were focused on bettering the game and not making the quick $$$. Nowdays, pretty much it is about how to "restart" the micro transactions, so people can start spending money on the same stuff again.

    It hurts me what MMOs have become, because I really enjoy a good MMO :(
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may feel like subscription makes it better, but I would have never EVER started TERA if it was still subscription model. No way in hell I would spend my money to keep being able to use something I've already paid for (in case of purchase + subscription) or to be allowed to access what I spent so much time on.
    In my view the subscription method just forces hard on the people to keep paying exactly because they don't want to let go to waste all they spent time on, more a sense of responsibility over your pass time than anything else. That's obviously my view and you're free to disagree, but I would never even give a shot at some subscription based game. That's not something I agree to pay for.

    In comparison, I've moved more real life money around TERA with my EMP purchases through players, than the price of many AAA games together. And so do many free players.

    To resume it: I think the free to play model with microtransactions is awesome and allows so many people to have fun while still providing support even if not directly (me for example), but how the game itself and those microtransactions are dealt with is the issue.

    For me the content lack is not an issue, maybe because I don't grind it so hard daily so I don't get tired quickly, but I will still agree that it does get stall, and that this content does get (and frankly ALWAYS GOT) recycled and re-skinned too much. And how they simply chose to not bother with some issues that are game breaking for many people, like the optimization of the client, server, and messed up controls on controller just because they decided "this is better for us, deal with it".
    That last one in specific, is what made me stop caring as much for the game. I can't keep playing ranged nonstop and I WILL keep refusing to re-learn how to play with character direction controls on melee. I have more to do and more to have fun with than re-learning something I've spent already too much time on.

    I agree as well that the way they're earning money for the game is too shallow. If the game is to live on the microtransactions, and in specific costumes/weapon skins/mounts, then GIVE SOME EFFORT on them. The Halloween badged up "mummy costume" is laughable, I could at best use that to get together with the nurse costumes as a healer play, the last formal dress that was literally a re-skinned Cocktail dress, mounts losing the account bound versions and so on, are quite sad. It's no fun to wait for the new costume release and have a ton of gold dropped on EMP sellers on day one anymore, it used to be something to hype for.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparky12 wrote: »
    I started in spring this year and gave up after a while. Running the same dungeons everyday became old too fast and even the fun combat could not keep me interested long enough, after all there is more to an MMO then the combat system. Came back for the new enchant system, which I think is better, as well as gathering and crafting, because I heard it has been revived and I love crafting in every MMO I have played, but the high requirement for gold for enchanting and the crafting only relating to enchanting were a bummer. Then the chat vulnerability came out and I stopped playing, obviously because of security concerns. I thought they would fix this fast, but it looks like probably not, so I think I am just going to give up on not only Tera, but all MMOs and pick up a IRL hobby, or something.

    I think the fall of MMOs in general and not only Tera is when they adopted the free to play, or micro transactions model. I remember when we had the subscription model in MMOs, updates meant lots of new stuff, like maps, raids, dungeons, sieges, crafting, etc, all fun stuff to explore for months after the update. Developers were focused on bettering the game and not making the quick $$$. Nowdays, pretty much it is about how to "restart" the micro transactions, so people can start spending money on the same stuff again.

    It hurts me what MMOs have become, because I really enjoy a good MMO :(

    mmo fall because moba and mobile game ;)
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    vkobe wrote: »
    Sparky12 wrote: »
    I started in spring this year and gave up after a while. Running the same dungeons everyday became old too fast and even the fun combat could not keep me interested long enough, after all there is more to an MMO then the combat system. Came back for the new enchant system, which I think is better, as well as gathering and crafting, because I heard it has been revived and I love crafting in every MMO I have played, but the high requirement for gold for enchanting and the crafting only relating to enchanting were a bummer. Then the chat vulnerability came out and I stopped playing, obviously because of security concerns. I thought they would fix this fast, but it looks like probably not, so I think I am just going to give up on not only Tera, but all MMOs and pick up a IRL hobby, or something.

    I think the fall of MMOs in general and not only Tera is when they adopted the free to play, or micro transactions model. I remember when we had the subscription model in MMOs, updates meant lots of new stuff, like maps, raids, dungeons, sieges, crafting, etc, all fun stuff to explore for months after the update. Developers were focused on bettering the game and not making the quick $$$. Nowdays, pretty much it is about how to "restart" the micro transactions, so people can start spending money on the same stuff again.

    It hurts me what MMOs have become, because I really enjoy a good MMO :(

    mmo fall because moba and mobile game ;)

    Don't think so. I don't play either of those. Mobile games are so shallow even nowadays, years after their start, that I got myself a PSP to play it's games (yes, there's emulators for the phone but they're both crap (sometimes) and my phone can't take the PSP one, so it WAS cheaper for me and better experience even, to get the real deal).
    In case of MOBAs, comparing two different things is kinda like saying that racing games died because of FPS.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    but pubg sell more than tera and league of legend or heartstone are more popular than mmorpg :3
  • How can you cope with elins? Every time you see one whisper this message into her fluffy ears:

    @Love hurts, in tight places.

    You are welcome Sir.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khatarsis wrote: »
    How can you cope with elins? Every time you see one whisper this message into her fluffy ears:

    @Love hurts, in tight places.

    You are welcome Sir.

    .....wat
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pumpedd wrote: »
    Pumpedd wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Every couple of days, someone makes a thread like this.

    I say, jump off a bridge. would you do it?

    If you wanna play a game, you just do it, if you don't, you just don't. Sick and tired of these troll threads.

    as for elin online, people should be thankful for elins since they are the ones bringing in all the money and players.

    And how many more players would tera have if there werent no elins. I can name a large amount of people i personally know who wouldve played tera if it wasent for the sexualization of elins

    Dont think like a tunnel because it goes both ways.

    less than 100 people you know didn't or quit playing tera due to elins. the downfall of tera hasn't been because of elins and genderlocking classes. poor decisions by bhs and servers hurt tera. so the few people you speak of that doesn't play because of elins is only a drop in the bucket in comparison to the ones that do play as elins.

    Person A says : If it wasent for elins, people wouldnt play this game.

    Person B says : If there was no elins, youd gain and lose players, if there is elins youd gain and lose players.

    It goes both ways is the point.

    Tried to simplify it for you since you misunderstood.

    It's not about understanding, it's just your point that is moot. You did really narrow down much of the reason why a game FULL of blatant flaws is losing players, to the race that made it able to transition to F2P instead of just sinking into oblivion and shutting down servers.

    When I started this game, I pretty much hated Castanics a lot. Like, I really hated them, up until the point I finally managed to make a Castanic cute to suit my tastes.
    Never tho did I bother with saying they're the reason for any player loss, or did I trash them in forums or in-game, chat or hated the players of the race.

    When it comes to Elin tho, you see it the other way around. You just don't see it on large enough scale because of simple statistics: like you or not the majority of the player base likes them, and the part that doesn't, some of them (I'll not say numbers since I've got no data tho) just doesn't care enough instead of hating them/leaving because of them.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pumpedd wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Pumpedd wrote: »
    Pumpedd wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Every couple of days, someone makes a thread like this.

    I say, jump off a bridge. would you do it?

    If you wanna play a game, you just do it, if you don't, you just don't. Sick and tired of these troll threads.

    as for elin online, people should be thankful for elins since they are the ones bringing in all the money and players.

    And how many more players would tera have if there werent no elins. I can name a large amount of people i personally know who wouldve played tera if it wasent for the sexualization of elins

    Dont think like a tunnel because it goes both ways.

    less than 100 people you know didn't or quit playing tera due to elins. the downfall of tera hasn't been because of elins and genderlocking classes. poor decisions by bhs and servers hurt tera. so the few people you speak of that doesn't play because of elins is only a drop in the bucket in comparison to the ones that do play as elins.

    Person A says : If it wasent for elins, people wouldnt play this game.

    Person B says : If there was no elins, youd gain and lose players, if there is elins youd gain and lose players.

    It goes both ways is the point.

    Tried to simplify it for you since you misunderstood.

    It's not about understanding, it's just your point that is moot. You did really narrow down much of the reason why a game FULL of blatant flaws is losing players, to the race that made it able to transition to F2P instead of just sinking into oblivion and shutting down servers.

    When I started this game, I pretty much hated Castanics a lot. Like, I really hated them, up until the point I finally managed to make a Castanic cute to suit my tastes.
    Never tho did I bother with saying they're the reason for any player loss, or did I trash them in forums or in-game, chat or hated the players of the race.

    When it comes to Elin tho, you see it the other way around. You just don't see it on large enough scale because of simple statistics: like you or not the majority of the player base likes them, and the part that doesn't, some of them (I'll not say numbers since I've got no data tho) just doesn't care enough instead of hating them/leaving because of them.

    Im not going to argue with someone named ''ElinLove'' about elins.

    Whatever you mean, you've got no other argument than "I don't like and I know people who don't like", and "you're ElinLove you're biased". I can shove the TERA infographic here if you want to show that people in this game DO like them and they're nowhere near a reason why people is quitting/never started it.

    Hate me and all Elins you want, if that makes you feel better, you ain't changing that they're here to stay.
  • I bet you more people would quit tera if they removed elins from the game than those that quit due to elins being put into tera.
Sign In or Register to comment.