[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Make gathering profitable again please.

It seems this latest patch deliberately ruined gathering. Not sure if it was to try to force the remaining players to do dungeons or what. It was really nice to do some simple gathering when I needed a bit of gold and didn't want to get stressed out. No matter what you add to dungeons, I won't do them. I am an older player and simply have no interest in running dungeons. Gathering was a wonderful way to relax and enjoy the game. I know there are other ways to make gold, but gathering was my favorite. Now, I don't know what to do in the game in between events. To me, crafting or spamming BAM's is tedious and boring. You might think gathering is tedious and boring, but for some of us, it's kind of therapeutic.

Comments

• Feel the same.
  • My thoughts are: It's not just gathering that is unprofitable, the entire crafting system, essentially is unprofitable ergo gathering is unprofitable. The only exception thus far seems to be those who are able to craft Darics and Plates, both the Gold and Silver variants as well as though who are able to make Gems. The issue with this is, the market for such is crashing at least on CH. The price of Talents and Darics has been dropping between 2-5% everyday since the release of this new system. Day one I was making a 400% profit, now I'm lucky to make a 40-100% profit. This is both an issue with current "lack" of crafting emphasis besides the things aforementioned and that the game itself doesn't really have a viable economic system, not one that is sustainable anyways. I also feel as though what you receive from having, yes having to do the IoDs and Dungeons if you wish to progress and as you say make money, is a joke.
    I do eight bams a day 8*180=1440, I do eight DG's a day 8*600=4800, I sell 200 Darics a day 200*60=12000, total is 18240 gold for doing what i perceive as viable and rewardable . Lets look at my expenses now, to make darics=2000gold, to enchant my weapon one level, with the potential to fail with max item exp, 5000gold, to enchant each piece of armor one level, with max item exp and still a chance to fail, 3600*4 I'm not even going to go into Accessories -.-. The total of my expenses a day is 21400gold, if I just want to raise every item, potentially, by one +level.
    18240-21400= -3160 gold :+1:

For those of you, at this point who are hammering on your keyboard, I understand and comprehend there are much more things you can do to make money, you could still run DGs and Bams after your VGs are up, I get that, you could still sell the mats you, potentially, get from them, I get that. Like the original poster, I, myself, do not want to grind all day long to stay relevant but that's exactly what this new "system" requires you to do, for those of us who are average players that is.
  • If you don’t wanna run dungeons, why are you considered about money or gearing? Or playing an mmo at all? Doesn’t make sense.
  • ive been playing for 4 years now, and I haven't ran a dungeon in 3 and a half years. I have fun playing my way and I don't feel like im missing out on anything.
  • MrRGDavisMrRGDavis ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    AbstractCH wrote: »
    If you don’t wanna run dungeons, why are you considered about money or gearing? Or playing an mmo at all? Doesn’t make sense.

First, it's concerned. Secondly, the Op has already given the reason as to why they play MMOs, essentially. "It was really nice to do some simple gathering when I needed a bit of gold and didn't want to get stressed out.","Gathering was a wonderful way to relax and enjoy the game." and "You might think gathering is tedious and boring, but for some of us, it's kind of therapeutic." I suppose you skipped over that or it could be you simply have the assumption that everyone plays an MMO for the same reasons everyone else plays them, if that is the case :facepalm:. I suppose sheep will be sheep in that instance.
  • I decided to take a break from the game. I was feeling stressed instead of enjoying anything. Lag issues plus the new gear progression almost made me go insane.

so, I had to stop playing. elite is worthless since most of the "benefits" are moot. Cutting by 2 the times you can go into ghillie is also stupid. having to use emeralds to enchant gear is stupid. the cost of everything in the game is just stupid.