[PC] Maintenance will begin on 6/20 at 8am PDT, and is expected to last for 3 hours. For more information, please view the following thread: http://bit.ly/2MYtJv6

No Free Char Slot on NA?

The code on the EU news post doesnt seem to be valid and I haven't received anything in game. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• EU already got elin gunner, we will be getting gunner 30th Nov so still got time for EME to announce all the news and giving character slots
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    For everyone to see.

When Elin Gunner patch applied on NA:

The 1st time you login with any character on any server per account, you receive one Character Slot by parcel. So you better login on the server you want that extra Character Slot.
  • The EU news post has no relation to what will happen in the NA region.

Anyway, the latest info about the character slot that I'm aware of about it is the following:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/188237/#Comment_188237
    Max character slots will increase to 18, and we'll be giving out a free character slot voucher as a login reward (one per account) in order to unlock it. If you're capped out on a server, make sure you log into one of your characters before making your Gunner so you can use that voucher and get your free slot.

There also is no release date announced for the class yet as such, as far as I'm aware. Nov 22 being when more details are to be revealed, and a tentative Nov 30 for it going live. (If you go by the date in the splash screen anyway.)
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    why.. why did you think a EU code would work for NA?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    LXM6H9H4JH wrote: »
    The EU news post has no relation to what will happen in the NA region.

Anyway, the latest info about the character slot that I'm aware of about it is the following:
    Max character slots will increase to 18, and we'll be giving out a free character slot voucher as a login reward (one per account) in order to unlock it. If you're capped out on a server, make sure you log into one of your characters before making your Gunner so you can use that voucher and get your free slot.

There also is no release date announced for the class yet as such, as far as I'm aware. Nov 22 being when more details are to be revealed, and a tentative Nov 30 for it going live. (If you go by the date in the splash screen anyway.)

I think November 30 is a confirmed date tho.

Anyway as told before: YES we WILL get an extra slot + max slot count expansion, and no, EU codes don't work here, Gameforge codes have nothing to do with En Masse.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭

It says Nov 30 th in the graphic for the news post.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »

also says 30th on the login screen from launcher , and as for the character slot enmasse na have always from my memory issued it in to your inventory/mail (no code required) when logging in on that time required and spacey said theyd be doing the same this time , don't know any time an eu gameforge code worked here
  • ElinLove wrote: »

Maybe I'm too much of a cynic, or maybe this is just another example of less than stellar communications from EME, but the lack of any announcement beyond the date in a picture is why I went with tentative.

I'll happy to be wrong though, and that being a firm date. It would certainly fit with a weekend long leveling event, along with their now seemingly usual Thursday patch for any such events.
  • LXM6H9H4JH wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »

Maybe I'm too much of a cynic, or maybe this is just another example of less than stellar communications from EME, but the lack of any announcement beyond the date in a picture is why I went with tentative.
    It's the confirmed date. They already mentioned when they'd have the other announcement beyond the date as well. You're being too cynical indeed.

• edited November 2017
    ElinLove wrote: »

I'll happy to be wrong though, and that being a firm date. It would certainly fit with a weekend long leveling event, along with their now seemingly usual Thursday patch for any such events.

Here's the Miniguns official page, with the November 30 date at the top and dates below for when different parts of the update will be revealed/explained on that page.

Larger updates have been presented this way for quite some time now (since Secrets & Shadows I believe), the only difference is that the November 30 date currently also appears on the game launch graphic. Next time there's a big update and you're wondering the date, keep an eye out for an official page like this one.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Larger updates have been presented this way for quite some time now (since Secrets & Shadows I believe), the only difference is that the November 30 date currently also appears on the game launch graphic. Next time there's a big update and you're wondering the date, keep an eye out for an official page like this one.

Thank you for the clarification. :) And my apologies if my previous tone was less than constructive on the issue.

Sometimes it can just get a bit confusing with where the definite information on certain topics can be found, since at times it seems to be a bit spread out between launcher, news blog, news forum and stickies in the general forum.

I'll try to be better at keeping track of things in the future.

That the dates in pictures on such launch pages can be taken as the confirmed ones is much appreciated information.