[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Lancer onslaught desync

Is there a fix for this? I've been desyncing through the boss maybe half the time I use the skill. Don't think its my ping spiking either since my pings fine right before I use the skill and right after too. This isn't a new problem either, lancers had this glitchy skill for years!

Comments

• Its a problem for all melee classes right now. The bosses frequently lose clipping and you may walk through them. The more your skill moves you the more likely you will make it completely trough the boss and out the other side. Its pretty irritating. I dont recall this being an issue last patch.
  • You will almost always sometimes maybe not or will pass thru a boss if your ping is higher than 120+
  • LagIncarnateLagIncarnate ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    The way Tera currently (and always has) calculated attacks that make you move, is the game figures out how far you move, where you would be, and THEN if there was anything to stop you.

The higher your normal ping, the longer it takes for the game to push you back. If your ping is high enough, or the boss is thin enough, the game will register you on the other side of the boss before it checks to see if there's anything blocking you, and you'll teleport.

The only thing you can do to fix it is move closer to the server, or fight fatter bosses.

Otherwise you'd have to hope for a miracle because it would require them reworking the way the entire collision system works, which wont ever happen. I'd be willing to bet 99% of the devs that helped make it no longer work for them, so nobody there would be willing to touch it let alone fix it.

Honestly as Lancer you can get away with simply filling the space Onslaught would have taken with more Shield Barrage > Spring Attack > Debilitate instead, you wont do top DPS compared to someone that can use Onslaught, but it's not like you have an alternative.
  • natianatia ✭✭✭
    The way Tera currently (and always has) calculated attacks that make you move, is the game figures out how far you move, where you would be, and THEN if there was anything to stop you.

The higher your normal ping, the longer it takes for the game to push you back. If your ping is high enough, or the boss is thin enough, the game will register you on the other side of the boss before it checks to see if there's anything blocking you, and you'll teleport.

The only thing you can do to fix it is move closer to the server, or fight fatter bosses.

Otherwise you'd have to hope for a miracle because it would require them reworking the way the entire collision system works, which wont ever happen. I'd be willing to bet 99% of the devs that helped make it no longer work for them, so nobody there would be willing to touch it let alone fix it.

Honestly as Lancer you can get away with simply filling the space Onslaught would have taken with more Shield Barrage > Spring Attack > Debilitate instead, you wont do top DPS compared to someone that can use Onslaught, but it's not like you have an alternative.

I see, thanks for explaining how the collision system works. BHS's programming never fails to amaze me.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Someone literally working out of their bedroom created a fix for this issue that Bluehole has never attempted to rectify using all of their time and resources and money, but we're not allowed to talk about it. :#
  • Even if you has less than 10ping, you will get desync through boss. I saw Ktera stream where lancer onslaught desync through boss before.